Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I liked this:
screenshotif.png

Reference:
WE-Studded-Mace.jpg

617 polys not triangulated

I already shortened it a bit...

I am having some issues with a mesh distorting in game, which is first i've ever seen of it -

helmeterror1.jpg

It's triangulated, so i'm not sure wtf is causing it. It shows up fine elsewhere including BRF:

helmeterror2.jpg

Disregard the texture as it's still wip and being added to/ refined, so i'm not looking for feedback there.

Can't figure out wtf is up with the mesh.

Hmm that's odd one considering I used male_head as model reference

male_head.jpg

And i'm fairly certain I was considerate to make no collisions, though maybe on the inside of the cheekguards. Reading the thread I see there are some workarounds with the multimesh, which I may end up doing.

I guess the actual "head box" is much more significant than what male_head presents, since looking at the back of the helmet it is distorted there. Is there anywhere that the true borders of such a 'head box' is represented.. in Native files perhaps?

Hm, don't know about head box in native files?

About problem:
1)
When you make multimeshes for helmets, the first mesh will be distorted the second wont. So just make one triangle and put it inside of helmet. The helmet itself will be the second mesh, and thus not be distorted.

Multimeshing goes like this in openbrf:
helmet          ------triangle for distorting
helmet.1        ------helmet

2)
The other solution is to "rig" the helmet, right click on it, choose mount on one bone-->human-->head-->at origin. Of course don't forget to leave one nonriged helmet as an inventory item.
Coding for rigged helmets goes like this:

Code:
["barbut_helmet", "Barbut", [("barbut",0),("barbut_inv",ixmesh_inventory)], itp_type_head_armor|itp_attach_armature|itp_merchandise, 0, 469, weight(2.75)|abundance(100)|head_armor(45)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(8), imodbits_plate ],

barbut is rigged mesh
barbut_inv is non rigged mesh for inventory window.

:wink:

I reckon i'll take a look at multimeshing to resolve the issue.

I would suspect that the first mesh won't be distorted so long as it doesn't collide with the 'head box', regardless if further meshes do?

I've never been big on multimeshing though, since I can't quite seem to figure out how/if lods work with them.

Well, regardless thanks you two for the help.

ealabor said:
I reckon i'll take a look at multimeshing to resolve the issue.

I would suspect that the first mesh won't be distorted so long as it doesn't collide with the 'head box', regardless if further meshes do?

I've never been big on multimeshing though, since I can't quite seem to figure out how/if lods work with them.

Well, regardless thanks you two for the help.
LoDs work fine with multi-meshes, they just need to be named along the lines of 'model.lod1' and 'model.lod1.2' ect.

First time using a spec map, not really good at using it. Any suggestions are appreciated.
swordfinal.jpg
And uh, can anyone tell me what classification this sword would be in?

That was the first look of my tatar helmet, than I had retextured it as this way:
dbs7is.png
But I have noticed I have lost this texture file, maybe I could recover it after I went home(but I don't like the word of maybe).
And here we go, I retextured it from it's first texture, I don't know if it is true to show it again but I wanted to show it because I spent a lot of time on it:
I know the segments are not equal, cause I didn't tried to make it so, this time. Maybe I should. I hope they are not looking bad.

Rigadoon said:
First time using a spec map, not really good at using it. Any suggestions are appreciated.
swordfinal.jpg

Looks like some form of short broad sword. I like it :smile:

Only real suggestion is a texture one - reduce the levels of blue in the texture. Other than that, it's nice.

Rigadoon said:
swordfinal.jpg

I really love the steel texture... could I please have it? :wink:
I'm working on a silver sword.

ealabor said:
I am having some issues with a mesh distorting in game, which is first i've ever seen of it -

helmeterror1.jpg

It's triangulated, so i'm not sure wtf is causing it. It shows up fine elsewhere including BRF:

helmeterror2.jpg

Disregard the texture as it's still wip and being added to/ refined, so i'm not looking for feedback there.

thats a gorgeous normal map Elabor :razz:

ealabor said:

helmeterror1.jpg

helmeterror2.jpg

If you are sure you didn't rigged the helmet, it is probably because of the "fit to face" command at it's tupple at module_items.

Rigadoon said:
swordfinal.jpg
Darken the blade so it doesn't shine like a lightsaber. Second, don't make the spec map that intense.

Back
Top Bottom