Occupy Wall Street

Users who are viewing this thread

BattleOfValmy said:
Keep on generalizing and ad-hominem-ing, it really works for you.

And your incapability to refute or appropriately debate my initial post, only to be reproached by some ad hoc comment you made, which I just trounced.. really isn't working for you.

BattleOfValmy said:
Less incapability more don't give a flying ****.

If you don't give a flying ****, don't make a flying **** of a post.

/backseatmoderator

tl;dr version of this thread: A bunch of morons that are understandably upset about the current economic situation and want to change it, but they lack the understanding of economics necessary to find reasonable solutions. So, they camp out on Wall Street and pick some scapegoats to rant at for a few days, then they peter out and go home.

I gave enough of a flying **** to make a flying **** post, though.

his avatar is a flying pony and he talks about not giving a flying fiddlestick.

i get it  :smile:

Kobrag said:
Damn it, why can't they think tactically and bomb the stock exchange?
You seem to think that would be useful or smart. It wouldn't be; bombing the stock exchange should be filed under "****ing retarded" in any half-sensible brain.

FrisianDude said:
Kobrag said:
You seem to think that would be useful or smart. It wouldn't be; bombing the stock exchange should be filed under "****ing retarded" in any half-sensible brain.
It would get something done and send a message.
Stop relying on malipulating fictional money to gain wealth. >:I

Anyway, it's all computerised now, which means the markets are more volitile and unpredictable. Not good if you want a decent economy.

I am not questioning that, I question the idiots who are risking the financial and social stability of their countries in the name of increased proft.
*Waves walking stick*

Bulle said:
I think it's quite reasonable that the ones that caused the economic crisis should pay for it.

Who caused it and who profited from it aren't necessarily the same here Bulle.

Camping on the grounds of the profiteers whom largely only succeeded on account of the government intervention isn't going to do **** to rectify the problem that occurred, nor will it do anything to prevent such future reoccurences.

The issue needs to be addressed with the dealer here, not the user, and the dealer is D.C.

Otherwise folks are just chasing their own tails

ealabor said:
Who caused it and who profited from it aren't necessarily the same here Bulle.

Camping on the grounds of the profiteers whom largely only succeeded on account of the government intervention isn't going to do **** to rectify the problem that occurred, nor will it do anything to prevent such future reoccurences.

The issue needs to be addressed with the dealer here, not the user, and the dealer is D.C.

Otherwise folks are just chasing their own tails
They don't realise what they are dealing with though, they are playing with peoples lives, not just their own. If companies learn that you can't have all of the fun and no responsibilities then we wouldn't be in such a big mess to begin with. Either you let the government set limits on business or you don't help them with money when the **** hits the fan. Companies are like kids, and should be watched like kids too. They don't know how to play fair.

Bulle said:
I think it's quite reasonable that the ones that caused the economic crisis should pay for it.
Then they should be directing their ire primarily towards the Federal Government and Federal Reserve. The private bankers played a role, no doubt, but only because of major Fed Gov/Fed Reserve interference - without which there would have been no housing bubble. The biggest single factor was probably artificially low interest rates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4Os5eXPw4 is a solid introduction to the Austrian Theory of the Business Cycle, which explains why the oft overlooked interest rate is so important).

'Course there are other factors involved as well, like loan and (implicit) bailout guarantees encouraging ever more risk taking (even as it became apparent to everyone except Ben Bernanke and Paul Krugman that there was a housing bubble).

The government wasn't bullying the corporations, and the corporations weren't bullying the government. They're all dirty money-grubbers. This country is pretty FUBAR, and there's not much anyone can do.

Wheem said:
Bulle said:
Then they should be directing their ire primarily towards the Federal Government and Federal Reserve. The private bankers played a role, no doubt, but only because of major Fed Gov/Fed Reserve interference - without which there would have been no housing bubble. The biggest single factor was probably artificially low interest rates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4Os5eXPw4 is a solid introduction to the Austrian Theory of the Business Cycle, which explains why the oft overlooked interest rate is so important).

'Course there are other factors involved as well, like loan and (implicit) bailout guarantees encouraging ever more risk taking (even as it became apparent to everyone except Ben Bernanke and Paul Krugman that there was a housing bubble).

Aren't the instruments just as guilty as the original agent if they went through with the plan knowing full well what would happen?

Kobrag said:

That would just piss off the people with power, who would then buy weapons with their gold they stockpiled on the moon, and use their evil magic to bring disney charecters to life to do their bidding and procceed to turn America into a Facist state.

Oh and thats terrorism

Back
Top Bottom