Obummer The Best President

Users who are viewing this thread

You would make a mistake to think all soldiers agree, especially enlisted men. Most of my fellow officers though, do agree, because we are the ones that really interacted with the natives of these nations, and when it comes down to it, all culture aside, there is little difference between us, and them. They dont want foreign armies occupying, or garrisoning around their land. Though most of them were thankful for us overthrowing their governments( I think atleast, muslims have this view that allah sends none muslims to fight their battles for them, so they were nice to us to a point :lol:)

We are not payed to think, if the army wanted me to have an opinion, they would have issued me one.

Caba`drin said:
Well, I talked to my brother-in-law, a soldier who knows what actually is going on and he disagrees. Look how far our anecdotal evidence got us! Weee, wasn't that fun and intellectually stimulating?!

Madnes5, if you aren't going to bother to cite anyone but Faux News crackpots, at least explain to the class how you aren't fitting into the
Madnes5 said:
believe everything they are told
category?

And, really, what was the purpose of starting this thread when you already had the Pres Obama thread where your troll-like, void-of-actual-facts OP was disproved and derided? Unless you, Legolan, and Computica are planning on proving everyone else wrong this time around by...well...I'm not sure how you plan to do that. Anecdotes?

Hey, its not my fault i can judge real news from fake news, apparently youve been drinking the kool aid, i would call you giving your brothers opinion anecdotal but not a actual judge

besides just because fox news has 80% bull**** doesnt mean there isnt some real news there. Also if you thhink faux news is bull**** why is it still running? wouldnt a abd news company get shut down if it wasnt real actual news? oh wait thats because money runs things around america i forgot. with that being said that obama thread i posted sure it was trolly but you know what there were actual facts in there and if you actually think obama has done even 30% of what he said he would when he was promising **** on his election i think you are part of the sheep

Madnes5 said:
i would call you giving your brothers opinion anecdotal
...that was the point...

Madnes5 said:
with that being said that obama thread i posted sure it was trolly but you know what there were actual facts in there and if you actually think obama has done even 30% of what he said he would when he was promising **** on his election i think you are part of the sheep
Didn't we go over this sheeple/kool aid bull**** already? In the other thread? And posted the "internet hoax" simple counters to your OP...and linked to the various Obama campaign promises fact checkers that shows a much better ratio than your 30% than you just pulled out of the air, etc, etc, etc.

Grauuu said:
Aye, is what I had linked to before:
Caba`drin said:
And if I must, I'll post these...again...
Caba`drin said:
PolitiFact's Obameter, and more specifically for Obama's Top 25 Promises. Or if you don't like PolitiFact, the Washington Post has a good tracker, too.

Merged "Ignorance is bliss", starting here:
Madnes5 said:
Do you think it is so?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgrjbFofM-s&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfuS6gfxPY&feature=player_embedded#!
to the Obamma thread. Really wasn't any different, just a new wave of "discussion."

Madnes5 said:
Magorian Aximand said:
Not to be informed? That would be silly.
apparently you arent old enough to remember what obama promised in his 08 election campaign, not being informed is silly.

:lol: I remember quite well. Better yet, I checked it out. Want to give us a source that shows exactly which promises he didn't fulfill? 'Cuz I can do that. Funny how it doesn't line up with the criticisms presented...

Hey admin this thread had nothing to do with obama until you came in here and changed it, thanks for nothing i will remake a thread and please dont touch it

The second I see this new thread I'm just going to post:

"Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer Obummer"

Magorian Aximand said:
And how is any of that equivalent to what was in that Ron Paul video? Are we killing people near those bases? Nope...

That video is from 2008 March 11, 2009 if my memory serves me correctly, nevertheless yes people are still dying by the hands of the US military. Not to mention you always have Afghanistan as well.

Edit: Found the date.

Der Einzige said:
Magorian Aximand said:
And how is any of that equivalent to what was in that Ron Paul video? Are we killing people near those bases? Nope...

That video is from 2008 March 11, 2009 if my memory serves me correctly, nevertheless yes people are still dying by the hands of the US military. Not to mention you always have Afghanistan as well.

Edit: Found the date.

People are dying, but not in the manner the video proposed. Further, we're following our plans in drawing down forces in Afghanistan. So... what is the problem?

Well yes, that video is from 3 years ago so obviously the death statistics are going to be different. The problem is the plan isn't fast enough.

Not to mention the US is still in Afghanistan, Yemen, and various other countries. (and that's countries the US is fighting in, as we're all aware the US has bases all over the world doing "non combative" work.

The draw down is reasonable. We made a hell of a mess in there. We have a responsibility to at least try to get the place somewhat stable.

As for our presence around the world, while I think the US is generally too aggressive, I think it isn't entirely unwarranted. We're not perfect, but we do good, and we're certainly not the imperialistic nation Madnes5 is trying to make us out to be. Certainly not under Obama, who has done a good deal more to build relations between nations than recent Presidents.

And the US being stationed in foreign countries stabilizes the region how? Did it even cross your mind that perhaps the US's involvement in these countries are the reason they are "unstable"?

Why has it suddenly become "wrong" to criticize US imperialistic tendencies so long that it happens under Obama (because that's what it seems)? If this crap happened under Bush plenty of people would be complaining (and rightfully so) but why not now? His little "say sorry tour" does nothing to "build relations" then perhaps acutely please the countries governments. Obama's policies regarding Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, etc. have been at par if not worse than Bush's.  Let's look Pakistan, the US continues to fund radicals who threaten to break up the country. Why hasn't he changed that? Look at Egypt, did he change our foreign policy there? No, not at all, we still play the same game. You're giving this man too much credit, not that he deserves any in the first place that is.

Erm, the only place I mentioned stabilization is Afghanistan. And we are doing work to help there. And while the mess is one we made, I think it is safe to say an improvement over the Taliban can be considered doing good in the world.

Many other places around the globe, we have troops stationed in a support role that countries actually appreciate. Look at South Korea. What harm are we doing there? How is our presence there imperialistic? And it isn't wrong to criticize imperialistic tendencies. I just don't see Obama as an imperialist. Our policies about Pakistan have improved, since they're a good deal more realistic. I am unaware of us funding radical groups in the area. Source for that? As for Egypt, to the best of my knowledge, Obama just voiced support for the movement to remove the dictator. We didn't do much to actually make that happen.

I'm still not sure how you've supported a case about Obama being an imperialist.

The US is taking over Australia and Germany by stationing troops there. OPEN YOUR EYES, SHEEPLE!

Der Einzige said:
And the US being stationed in foreign countries stabilizes the region how? Did it even cross your mind that perhaps the US's involvement in these countries are the reason they are "unstable"?

Does this include Afghanistan? Because I'm pretty sure the UN had a pretty good reason to go in there.

Back
Top Bottom