Nova Aetas - Why wasn't the game updated yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iporto93

Recruit
First of all, I'd like to thank Quintillius for bringing this masterpiece to us. In my humble opinion, is the most fun mod out there.

Second, I must be that guy and make a pedant critique:

What I see in the Warband's modding community (opposed eg. to Total War) is a lack of cooperation or interest in doing so within the modders. The same content doesn't need to be done twice (models, scripts, systems etc), a modder could borrow from a previous one, with due authorization.

Nova Aetas has the same 8-9 types of firearms, weapons, armor, etc for a long time now. While there's PLENTY of material that could be used from other modifications: Floris Mod has a ton of new armors, bucklers, systems and much more that could be used... 16th Century Mod, likewise, features a ton of weapons and firearms; L'aigle Mod (17th century) is no different... perhaps the buildings and settlements could be somehow incorporated.

Most of the greatest mods are developed by a team, which, surprisingly, Quintillius seems to be doing all by himself. What I propose is, if you ever find time to treat us with an update, try to bring the best part of other mods as well, adding diversity, immersion and all that good stuff!

I ain't a modder, programmer or such, so excuse me if I say anything barbaric or irrelevant or my limited English... but I will make a small list of modifications that could be used because of the context/time setting:

a) Floris Mod - Features plenty of late medieval/renaissance armor and weapons; a pre-order and deployment battle system. The tournaments setting seems to be improved as well, every culture having a specific arena setting.

b) L'Aigle - It's one of the greatest Warband modifications, it's set in the 17th-18th century. A bit late, granted. However, there's a great variety of weapons, firearms and clothing that could be used! Aside, the buildings and cities could be savaged as well, since the architecture isn't completely alien for Nova Aetas setting.

c) 16th Century Mod - While isn't the greatest piece of work, a thing that catches the eye is the strange looking guns (that are historical accurate)... a Mace/Blunderbuss would be a great addition to Nova Aetas.

d) Caribbean! and M&B: wFaS - I don't know if it's possible to export content from those, being standalone and all, however, would be interesting for obvious reasons.

Another feedback that I will leave is about game progression and farms/mines/forests. As the game progresses, would be super if we could populate our farm (or perhaps plantations) with serfs or slaves. It's a very cool mechanic and shouldn't be abandoned mid game... It should... well... progress.

Again, I really appreciate the mod and regardless thank you!

Thank you a lot for bringing up these suggestions. Though if I find time to work on the next update. It will mainly focus on fixing bugs and polishing the game than adding a bunch of new features  :grin:.
If you prefer to have new models for weapons. Go and replace the stuff yourself. If you download OpenBRF, you can replace the models with those from other mods. Just keep the name.

Quintillius said:
Thank you a lot for bringing up these suggestions. Though if I find time to work on the next update. It will mainly focus on fixing bugs and polishing the game than adding a bunch of new features  :grin:.
If you prefer to have new models for weapons. Go and replace the stuff yourself. If you download OpenBRF, you can replace the models with those from other mods. Just keep the name.

I really don't understand that. You went all the trouble laying the foundations of the mod (construction, new map etc), only to remain in mediocrity. Only one type of cannon, outdated tournament system, half of dozen of firearms only.

No, I think I prefer playing something better, bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom