Nobody miss books?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh yea, they should cost a few million to keep that lategame money flowing :mrgreen:
Lol, I think it is just a matter of balance. But yeah, they could be expensive.

I do miss books! It wasn't an important feature, but books improved the variety of items, adding new kind of items where to spend your money.
Sure they did, most important role of books was that you could increase you skills over the top possible. It was the feeling that you increase your skill limits, that was very rewarding. In Bannerlord it could be the case too, when additional attribute point increases limits on 3 skills at once. I still hope they will add it back.

Yes I miss them but I miss skills that help you and improve gameplay even more and this are required for warband books!
Imagine if they put skyrim books "you clicked a thing you get 1 SP in thing, wow don't you feel powerful and in control, ARE YOU IMMERSED YET IT'S ELDER SCROLLS GET IMMERSED NOW!" *in the backround* "oh look there's that guy who read that book and got that skill point, I used to read books then I......"
I want to be able to gain a level and open the skill menu and pop up surgery SO BAD! The more I play I absolutely hate the skill up system for passive stuff and wish it had Warband's system or a hybrid!

Yes I miss them but I miss skills that help you and improve gameplay even more and this are required for warband books!
Imagine if they put skyrim books "you clicked a thing you get 1 SP in thing, wow don't you feel powerful and in control, ARE YOU IMMERSED YET IT'S ELDER SCROLLS GET IMMERSED NOW!" *in the backround* "oh look there's that guy who read that book and got that skill point, I used to read books then I......"
I want to be able to gain a level and open the skill menu and pop up surgery SO BAD! The more I play I absolutely hate the skill up system for passive stuff and wish it had Warband's system or a hybrid!
yes. Warband's skill system was perfect. Passively improving combat skills, yet a lot of additional skills to level up and pop up weak points. I miss it too.

yes. Warband's skill system was perfect. Passively improving combat skills, yet a lot of additional skills to level up and pop up weak points. I miss it too.
I think they could do a hybrid system where you get skill and perks for weapons and other active stuff like it is now, but you character gets actual EXP from killing alla warband and you get attributes or special skill points as you level to raise support skills!
Perks are just perks, they're okay but not make or break, but we need real support abilities too and passive things just don't work with the skill up system.

Liked books and they would make a good late game cash sink and let you develop otherwise hard capped skills (I found the waiting mechanism annoying like I do for smithing though).
I miss the way party skills between MC and companions work most out of warband though.

Perks are just perks, they're okay but not make or break, but we need real support abilities too and passive things just don't work with the skill up system.
I do really like the perk system (at least for the few that work), good way of adding some interesting elements and give you a reason for focusing a character a particular way. TBH I am happy with the skill system, just not the levelling one and the hard cap.

Rather than kills, which is fine for increasing combat skills, I'd almost be inclined to have character level linked to something like renown, it would need a little tweaking in terms of what you get it for, but it would be a good way of gauging a character's growth and not favour payer characters that focus on being death dealing machines as opposed to people who want to be strategic commanders rather than front line grunts, or traders, smiths etc.
Renown would need tweaking for this to work, but by bumping the value of quests and maybe tweaking the renown for battles based on size as well as odds (to stop looter farming for XP) I think it would be a nice way of levelling.

I liked them, something to keep in mind while you played. Something to look out for or even seek.

Something not tied directly to combat to was rewarding.

(I found the waiting mechanism annoying like I do for smithing though).
I miss the way party skills between MC and companions work most out of warband though.
If I remember correctly, most progress at reading books was made during siege preparations, it was not necesarry to crete a camp. So you are not forced to sit in town, we spend plenty of time in siege preparations in Bannerlord anyway.

I'll repeat: how are they an interesting concept? Buy book click book get skill?
They were the only mechanism in the game to increase stats outside of a levelling system that quite rightly slowed to a crawl eventually, they made an interesting thing to look out for as well as providing a wandering sales person in taverns who you could trade anything with. Not revolutionary, but an nice enough additional feature and they would give you a reason to explore different towns as there was only 2 book sellers and they did move around. If priced high enough they would make for a good use of all of the money you can end up with.

Books would be great. A free focus point in the related skill seems like a reasonable reward for reading one .

I bet they're going to add them in eventually. Its more of a fluff feature, so probably not a high priority.

Back
Top Bottom