Noble bows

Users who are viewing this thread

I can accept the 250K pricetag, as ridiculous as that is, but the whole idea of locking high tier stuff behind clan tier or whatever factor keeps it out of shops is the stupidest design decision I can imagine. You don't even know what to aspire to in the early game because it doesn't even show up. You look around the shops early on and see the same collection of crap everywhere. It just gives the impression that there's not a lot of stuff in the game. Its like owning a jewelry store and putting all the cheapest crap in the window and locking up the expensive stuff in a private backroom for only the richest customers. A store like that wont be in business long.
Couldn't agree more.

I really hope they rethink hiding stuff behind clan tier rank. Fine with top tier equipment being expensive, not fine with it being locked out of view until you grind out a tonne of renown.

I think they will just make huge selling penalty for forged items, like 99%. And nerf learning rates, of course.

You shouldn't get a penalty for selling forged items. Its a profession after all. Your supposed to make money doing it. So, If it takes longer to make money means you will have to play it longer? is that the thought we are going with?

Of course they will nerf smithing to the useless state.
Well , they need nerf smithing after they fix trading skill tree . I make simple javelin using hardwood and wrought iron and it costs 200k - that's definitely needs to be nerfed .

Hiding noble bows behind clan tiers is not good idea . Just add slightly better more expensive bows , they look same anyways.

You shouldn't get a penalty for selling forged items. Its a profession after all. Your supposed to make money doing it. So, If it takes longer to make money means you will have to play it longer? is that the thought we are going with?
Sure, you should be able to make a living out of it, but not Jeff Bezos wealthy.

Well , they need nerf smithing after they fix trading skill tree . I make simple javelin using hardwood and wrought iron and it costs 200k - that's definitely needs to be nerfed .
And it adds another absurd.

Javeline with 120 damage costs 270K
Javeline with 130 damage cost 2K.

They adds more and more absurd to the game for solving the problems that they are created.

Simple guy who wears gear that is too expensive for lord with 2 towns - check
Towns have no money to buy a single sword - check
Armor, that every pesant warrior can equip, but noble lord cant find it in whole Calradia - check.

100% its gonna get nerfed. They'll probably do something stupid like increasing the materials cost 50x so you can't even get started in it.
I'm guessing they'll make it either harder to unlock parts or slow down how fast you level up from certain items specifically javelins, 2 handed axes, 2 handed swords and some polearms, but yeah a nerf is coming. Unless TW does some serious reworks with smithing I'll either mod the crap out of that part of the game when it launches or won't touch smithing because it's just badly done right now. I mean who the **** thought random unlocks was a good idea. :facepalm:

The game is populated with millions of items that nobody ever ever ever ever ever ever ever uses....They are trying to force you to use the crappy in-between gear so that they don't feel so dumb in their game design of making 95% of their gear stuff that no player ever cared about or used.

A better solution would be to give us scrap from battles not so many actual junk items that we'll never use anyway, make way fewer junk items overall, drop more trade goods from battles, only populate the towns with culture specific high end gear in small numbers and fix the crafting system....

So much they never seem to get right with balance or gameplay. I think they are stuck on old ideas that don't work. Stubborn/unable to admit bad design elements. It happens to many games.

Another thing they could do with armors is make it realistic such that any armor/clothes doesn't just fit anybody. Each item must be fitted to the character. Thus you buy or find the item and have to turn it into a armorer or tailor that needs a few days to fit it to you. After suffering major injury your armor etc. could take a 'tattered' etc. quality and you need to turn it in for a repair process similar to the fitting process.

I always get on from Marriage asap..... 250k?It's worth it but as other have said if it doesn't show up till rank 4 or 5 it's kinda useless. Game can be over by then.
I don't know if it's locked behind anything, I basically only buy warhorses....
If devs are reading this thread, please, there's a 1000 more important things for you to work on then making dowries cost 1 million denars so we can never have good gear. Just leave it. Also no more shrubberies.

The game is populated with millions of items that nobody ever ever ever ever ever ever ever uses....They are trying to force you to use the crappy in-between gear so that they don't feel so dumb in their game design of making 95% of their gear stuff that no player ever cared about or used.

A better solution would be to give us scrap from battles not so many actual junk items that we'll never use anyway, make way fewer junk items overall, drop more trade goods from battles, only populate the towns with culture specific high end gear in small numbers and fix the crafting system....

So much they never seem to get right with balance or gameplay. I think they are stuck on old ideas that don't work. Stubborn/unable to admit bad design elements. It happens to many games.

Another thing they could do with armors is make it realistic such that any armor/clothes doesn't just fit anybody. Each item must be fitted to the character. Thus you buy or find the item and have to turn it into a armorer or tailor that needs a few days to fit it to you. After suffering major injury your armor etc. could take a 'tattered' etc. quality and you need to turn it in for a repair process similar to the fitting process.
One of the things I found to be the best idea in Viking Conquest was the idea of repairing weapons and armor. Find a nice shield but it's rusted/dented/chipped etc well just have an armor upgrade it so it's not. It was expensive to do but like I said for rarer items it made sense.

So my clan is tier 4 , almost 5 . I went in a big trading journey around map , haven't visited Aserai and Vlandia only, and haven't found any noble bow. So my best bow is steppe war bow now?

I can accept the 250K pricetag, as ridiculous as that is, but the whole idea of locking high tier stuff behind clan tier or whatever factor keeps it out of shops is the stupidest design decision I can imagine. You don't even know what to aspire to in the early game because it doesn't even show up. You look around the shops early on and see the same collection of crap everywhere. It just gives the impression that there's not a lot of stuff in the game. Its like owning a jewelry store and putting all the cheapest crap in the window and locking up the expensive stuff in a private backroom for only the richest customers. A store like that wont be in business long.

Well said +1 let's stick to fixing and improving game and not worrying about this stuff and the look of new chairs

Again, this is another issue that goes against sandbox play by adding nonsensical restrictions. If you have a million dollars to pay for high end equipment you should be able to buy it no mater what tier anything you are. It's completely ridiculous.
This.

Imagine being an entrepreneur and someone offers you absurdly high price for your product, but you won't sell because they are not the vice president.

Last edited:
In 1.4 the Aserai had them, not so much the Khuzait. My last two visits to Epicrotica they had two for some reason. I have never seen one in a Vlandian town.

The economy of the game is still bunk, so if I want a tier 5 or 6 item, I give myself it and toss away the money I feel it should have been worth (about 50k for the noble bow).

That's really the only reliable way to get good items now, besides marrying a noble and stealing their stuff. Its ridiculous that your troops have better equipment than the player for 99% of the playthrough!

That's really the only reliable way to get good items now, besides marrying a noble and stealing their stuff. Its ridiculous that your troops have better equipment than the player for 99% of the playthrough!

If you are not opposed to mods, the mod Royal Armory allows you to buy all high level armors for each faction. You still pay full price. Unless you have my mod that adjust armor prices installed too. They work great together.

:xf-smile:

Back
Top Bottom