No quests from Lords, and everlasting peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

paulus83

Recruit
Hello y'all

I'm having some troubles with the gameplay on my current game. Im 250 days in, @ at lvl 25 with 1000 renown (and 20 RTR). I've got a decent economy with shops in about 50% of the major towns, and 75.000 in cash. I get most of my cash from bashing bandits and selling their stuff. I've still only got 1 fief, and I'm unmarried. My army is quite formidable (about 150, with a lot of Dragons (Knights and Drakes) a bunch of Ravenstern Rangers, Hero Adventurers and other high tier infantry and cavalry!)

I joined the kingdom of Ravenstern a while ago, but since I've joined them, they've hardly ever been at war. They had a very short war with the Fierdsvain, and later a even shorter war with Sarleon. Nowadays the lords just travels from feast to feast and doesnt seem at all interested in kicking some pathetic Fierdsvain ass. Is this normal? Will some factions never seek war?

Another problem I also have with my game, is that I never seem to get any quests from the lords. I've crossed the world 3 times, and I only get 1 quest. And I talk to all the lords, and ask in every tavern. How am I suppose to get relations with lords, when they wont let me help them!

So is there some kind of bug on my game, or are these things WAI? I want to rebel against my king, just because he prefers peace and I'm bored to tears. The problem is that I only have favorable relations with 2 Lords, so I'm thinking its going to be VERY hard to start my new kingdom!

Does anyone have any suggestions to what i Should do?

*Edit: I see now that the topic below me address much the same topic, so mods, feel free to delete this topic. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As i stated before all factions can make complete random dominance. When Ravenstern is sitting on their asses for hundreds of days gathering deflectet lords, gathering for feasts and stuff, can make the biggest map push warband in the late game, cos every single lord will follow the marshall when they decide to move :>

Yes, if read my post about "Stagnation", you'll see the same complaint, ****.. I liked the Ravenstern, they're cool, too bad they are all about Feast and peace...

Darkgenius said:
Yes, if read my post about "Stagnation", you'll see the same complaint, ****.. I liked the Ravenstern, they're cool, too bad they are all about Feast and peace...

Actually, after 6 months of peace, we're finally at war! With the kingdom of Sarleon! And it is a mighty war! I joined my lords in their campaign on Valonbray (that town has been owned by every faction except the Empire!) After a glorious battle, I took my troops straight to a weakly defended castle (I think it was Highcastle) and took it with few casualties. In fact, I ended up with more troops because of the huge number of D'shar warriors and Bladesmen in their prison! After the Siege of Valonbray, all the Ravenstern lords went back home to get drunk and **** their hairyass girls, so the Kingdom of Sarleon reclaimed Valonbray within a week or so. But I still had Highcastle (it was not officially given to me by the king yet, but I had enough renown and relations so I was sure to eventually get it), but now there was 7 or 8 lords heading my way. Luckily I was helped by a certain Count Arnoldus and his 200+ host of men.

The funny thing was that Highcastle did get besieged and attacked, but as some of the Sarleon lords was occupied with my friend the Count,  the first wave of attackers was only about 400 men, against my 150. And with the new feature in PoP (defenders get their chest), I just stood there and picked out enemy after enemy with my siege crossbow! Soon enough, another party with 2 or 3 lords followed, and this time I did not have more than 80 somewhat conscious defenders! Luckily I still had my Crossbow, and a BFA (Big ******** Axe!) so we still managed to repel the attackers. And one of the lords we kicked the **** out of had so many Ravenstern prisoners, I filled my party (and my castle) with new men. Shortly after this, the king granted me the castle, AND the new marshal started a campaign to take the town of...Valonbray :smile:

So needless to say, this game is EPIC! And when you get your first castle, is when the game really starts :smile:

paulus83 said:
Darkgenius said:

Actually, after 6 months of peace, we're finally at war! With the kingdom of Sarleon! And it is a mighty war! I joined my lords in their campaign on Valonbray (that town has been owned by every faction except the Empire!) After a glorious battle, I took my troops straight to a weakly defended castle (I think it was Highcastle) and took it with few casualties. In fact, I ended up with more troops because of the huge number of D'shar warriors and Bladesmen in their prison! After the Siege of Valonbray, all the Ravenstern lords went back home to get drunk and **** their hairyass girls, so the Kingdom of Sarleon reclaimed Valonbray within a week or so. But I still had Highcastle (it was not officially given to me by the king yet, but I had enough renown and relations so I was sure to eventually get it), but now there was 7 or 8 lords heading my way. Luckily I was helped by a certain Count Arnoldus and his 200+ host of men.

The funny thing was that Highcastle did get besieged and attacked, but as some of the Sarleon lords was occupied with my friend the Count,  the first wave of attackers was only about 400 men, against my 150. And with the new feature in PoP (defenders get their chest), I just stood there and picked out enemy after enemy with my siege crossbow! Soon enough, another party with 2 or 3 lords followed, and this time I did not have more than 80 somewhat conscious defenders! Luckily I still had my Crossbow, and a BFA (Big ******** Axe!) so we still managed to repel the attackers. And one of the lords we kicked the **** out of had so many Ravenstern prisoners, I filled my party (and my castle) with new men. Shortly after this, the king granted me the castle, AND the new marshal started a campaign to take the town of...Valonbray :smile:

So needless to say, this game is EPIC! And when you get your first castle, is when the game really starts :smile:

EPIC! really the game only starts for real once you're set. Castles, towns. I have Dagon Castle and Tebandra, check your map later, it is quite the setup. I'm planning wars against the Fierdsvain, to take Windholm and reinforce it with my Knights of the Dragon, and I'll create my custom order at the Town. But the Kingdom is just Feasts, but I'll keep getting the "Provocation" quests, even if that makes my relations go down! do you have suggestions on how should I proceed?

I still dont have enough money to start a CKO, so kudos to you. How do get so much money anyway?

Before the Kingdom of Ravenstern actually started their war, i saved my game and tried out a couple of things. I do not recommend the provoke another kingdom quest, as this makes you lose honor, right to rule and you will also lose relations with every lord, except the assholes.

So basically you have 2 choices, tell your king to release him from your oath and go rogue\join another more aggressive faction (beware, you will lose your fiefs)

or

Wait until the lords of Ravenstern finally gets of their arses and attack someone!

Or you molest caravans and attack the lords of a different faction which  hate you anywise. Aggression will pile up, you see some fun action and finally, war may be achieved.

If not, you end up with a kingdom full of bad relations. But who cares.

Apart from that, independency is the only way to go. So get your ass into your suit of plate and start serious conquering business instead of whinig around.

Or start a new game with a satisfying political starting scenario.

Yeh my method in the madness is just to attack a factions caravan siege a castle and take it over. and then your sorted. free castle and instant war :smile:

I'm quite opportunist actually. I do not enjoy pissing off people, I like to manipulate them, the entire realm of the Ravenstern follows me if I ask them, even the monarch. But the lords are all about Feasting, rather than fighting, and when we're finally at war, they prefer Raiding, than attacking enemy armies and sieging, the Marshal is count stephan he lives in a castle in Poinsbruk, that's 20000 miles away from the fighting, and he always gathers the army in Rane, to fight against Fierdsvein, surely.. Me, and the nearby Lords are the only ones keeping the borders under control. I've been provoking, and provoking and PROVOKING, but the enemy King always fails to respond.. why is that?

I've had that once, nearly 140 days of peace under Ravenstern.  (I was a merc cause it paid well and I got paid to not do anything)  Finally they just out of the blue declared war.

habeo123 said:
Look at these rednose and potbelly people. These dudes liked their wine far more than battle. They probably even have the gout.
...And they appear to have headlice!

As for breaking the peace, if you don't want to raid mass caravans and take over castles and piss off everybody around you, I'd suggest going to each of your faction cities, into the tavern, and asking the tavernkeep if "anybody has a job for a man/woman like yourself". They'll tell you about a whole bunch of people who'll want help, but when they say something along the lines of "(x) needs help but I'd watch yourself with him if I were you" then it usually means that lord is looking to start a war. Find him, start up his quest and do it.

Okay, I guess you'll still be raiding a caravan anyways, but hey, still better than the chaotic way imo.

Back
Top Bottom