No Multiplayer Servers or Games

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone. I've was in the mood to play a little Bannerlord multiplayer, but I've been having a bit of an issue. As you can tell from the title I can't see any games, so I'm not sure if this is unique or I just missed an announcement, patch, update, etc. that would cause such an issue. Here are the details. When I'm on the home screen I can see the choose game button but it doesn't highlight when I hover over it nor does it let me choose a game type when I click on it. It simply does nothing. When I go to the play tab I can only access custom game and custom server tabs. Clan match and quick play are greyed out and tell me I have to be the leader of a party. I'm playing solo though. And the custom server list is empty and when I search for team deathmatches in custom it isn't able to find any game. So those are the deets.

I have already reinstalled, deleted my steam files for Bannerlord, and shouldn't be a version issue because multiplayer only works on the most recent stable build, so 1.5.1 should be fine, despite that I've tried changing versions under the impression that maybe I missed a memo? So I'm at a loss. Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Hey everyone. I've was in the mood to play a little Bannerlord multiplayer, but I've been having a bit of an issue. As you can tell from the title I can't see any games, so I'm not sure if this is unique or I just missed an announcement, patch, update, etc. that would cause such an issue. Here are the details. When I'm on the home screen I can see the choose game button but it doesn't highlight when I hover over it nor does it let me choose a game type when I click on it. It simply does nothing. When I go to the play tab I can only access custom game and custom server tabs. Clan match and quick play are greyed out and tell me I have to be the leader of a party. I'm playing solo though. And the custom server list is empty and when I search for team deathmatches in custom it isn't able to find any game. So those are the deets.

I have already reinstalled, deleted my steam files for Bannerlord, and shouldn't be a version issue because multiplayer only works on the most recent stable build, so 1.5.1 should be fine, despite that I've tried changing versions under the impression that maybe I missed a memo? So I'm at a loss. Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Edit: I have fixed the issue. It was very perplexing, I got the idea in my head when attempted to find a team in the Custom Game Tab in Play that the Battleeye anti-cheat wasn't working since it told me so with an error message that it wasn't able to join games because there was no anti-cheat. Let me highlight the fact that it only told me this crucial info after attempting to search auto find a Team Deathmatch game. All other options to join a game or server where either greyed out or in the case of the server list was unpopulated. Would have been nice if the game told me this with big bright neon letters upon getting to the main screen or something. Anyways I tried running Bannerlord_BE.exe in E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client because clearly Battleeye wasn't starting when I launched the game through steam, all to no avail. I then went into the BattlEye Folder and tried the Install_BattlEye file and the BEService_x64 application in an attempt to force launch Battleye then retried Bannerlord_BE.exe, still nothing. I then verified my game files through steam and relaunched the game through steam, got a nice little popup alongside the launching explaining the reason for BattleEye anti-cheat, et voila everything was back to normal.

The TLDR if you're having the same issue

Your BattlEye anti-cheat is running when you launch the game, Verify your game cache through steam or reinstall BattlEye. One of the two worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom