New Village Scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

yeo

Knight
Since i ve found out there are a lot of 18 century village buildings used in Native Swadian cities, I was editing village scenes.
i spent 3 hours editing Tshibtin village and heres what I made:
Tshibtin BEFORE:
mb2te.png

mb1e.png
NEW Tshibtin
This is a New Tshibtin from air
mb2z.png

From another corner
mb3.png

When entering village
mb4d.png

mb5.png

Village elder(i will dress him better)
mb7o.png

Church and Cemetery
mb10.png

Stable
mb9w.png

Food table
mb1w.png

Houses and Crates
mb6m.png
Note: All of these Images are Pictured od DX7 and without graphical enchantments
SOME OF DX9 and Graphical Enchantment 2.5 (without HDR) photos
mb13a.png

mb12x.png
So, say if u like it, and maybe I continue work on it.

Sweet jesus, that's some good scene editing mate.
One problem though, this took you 3 hours. There's certainly over 50 villages. That's 150 Hours, which is more than 6 days.

actualy, there are 90 villages, 30 castles, 18 town, all togeather about 350 scenes. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Berthout said:
Looks really nice!
Indeed, they do look very good.

Once suggestion: is it possible to spawn more villagers/people in the scenes? I never have the feeling that the village/town is filled with people. There isn't a crowd. It would make towns more vivid. But so far, well done!

JDeNef13

Great work =D. I already wanted to use these timbered houses. Unfortunately, you cant use this for towns and the church sure not.

Also, this don't need 355 hours or whatever =D, if you create a team for modeling & texture.
It's a pleasure if i than can help.
I'm already working on a 18-century house:

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280531032-240.png
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280531032-241.png
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280531032-322.png
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280531032-323.png

(This is half-work)

It's a nice model, but the poly count looks rather high, how his is it?

And then again, 3 hours times 350  scenes are 1050 hours. Modding 4 hours per day equals 262,5 days.
Three people on that is 87,5 days together. That's abour 3 months.
You willing to gather 2 more people to work 8 hours per day for the past three months? Be my quest.

High? I think not.

And again, if we can recruit some people. (about 10/100?) We don't need 262.5 days.
And maybe we can copy the villages and change some buildings.

There is only one horrible thing. The towns, which needs many models.
Paris-Port-au-ble.jpg

Recruit a hundred people?
In my opinion is modding alot about prioritying and quite frankly ain't villages and towns my highest priority. But if you are willing to do it. Would I be happy to include it.

I agree that villages aren't all to important. Towns however define a lot of the atmosphere in the mod.

Again, I rather heave 1 or 2 good 18th century scenes used by multiple towns then the native ones.
So no need to spend hundreds of hours. A few scenes would be already quite amazing.

Right, right and right.

I think, we should do this:
Just create 2 towns and 2 villages with the native objects (yeo has already one, if i create another one we have this piece almost ready)

Then, some scripting and the addon is ready. In the next weeks, we can add more scene_props. (forts are highly advised. Just a few walls and towers) And every time we update the addon with new scene props, new items, new features, new.... =D.

P.S.: I really don't like everyone is too concerned to help me with scene_props :sad:.

I wished for the atmosphere to be on the battlefield, cause that's where my mod is focusing.

We can but it's harder since it's a autogenerator making every battlefield different. But it's not about the scene as much as the sounds and particle effects.

Yay  :mrgreen:. I got my object in game =D!
I did instead of the mesh name, adding the brf file name in the script. And i had to add a extra '/' at the end of the line in module_info file.

There is only one problem. The collision mesh isn't the same as the visual mesh, which implies i can walk through some pieces. Hopefully anyone has an answer for this. And oh yeah, how can i create climbable stairs xD?

See this =D: My gallows on the stage.

-------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

omg... if you turn the object with the ingame editor, only the visible mesh will be turned... not the collision mesh oO. Is there any solution for this? =S

I don't seem to understand your problem?Don't you know how to make a collisionmesh? Don't you know how to implant it in-game? Or how to compile it into a .brf?

and how to  make stuff climbable should you make the collisionmesh like 45degrees. The steaper the slower climb.

Back
Top Bottom