NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Howdy there gents, fellow testers and fans,

Really enjoying my game as Spain. I'm 100 Days in now and have finally gotten my own fief which I am sure will be taken from me shortly when the United States retaliates. :O There's more music, more dynamics, and less bugs! but I think we can expect even more as we improve upon this version.

Anyway, I had a question for anyone who understands this period of American history.

There's a native troop I've got in my company now that I wanted some more info about: Cherokee Lion Man. How'd this name come about, lions not exactly native to the Americas after all. A brief history would be nice. :smile:

I'm more of a Napoleonic academic so am a bit out of depth on this time period and culture.

Cheers, Meg

Kurgan#1 said:
That would be great if you could Ney, just PM me or post a link somewhere, I'm sure the others who are having problems would appreciate it too. :smile:

Cheers,
Scott (Kurgan#1)
Will do as soon as Gab gets back on and sends me the files :wink:

Cheers Ney.

Meg I think it may refer to Mountain Lions (Cougars).  I'm sure it would just be a translation from Native American Lingo.  :smile:

Kurgan#1 said:
Cheers Ney.

Meg I think it may refer to Mountain Lions (Cougars).  I'm sure it would just be a translation from Native American Lingo.  :smile:
Ah! Of course. Here we call them Florida Panthers, mountains being scarce in Florida. :razz:

Cheers, Meg

Edit: What does the item "ring of keys" do? I'm stumped and feel like I've spent a pretty penny of hard fought cash for nothing.

Meg I wondered that as well, could they open the blocked doors during sieges.  Just a thought, I think we need Gabby to elaborate. :smile:

And now as I keep reading all the commments, it sounds better and better.
Hopefully Gab will reupload the files or give them to me to upload...

Kurgan#1 said:
Meg I wondered that as well, could they open the blocked doors during sieges.  Just a thought, I think we need Gabby to elaborate. :smile:
I saved up enough cash to buy the ring of keys. I've got them in one of the four weapons slots so I'll always have them with me. Let's see what those babies can do!

Cheers, Meg

Ok ok ok....sorry and excuse me ...to evbody!  :neutral:
Very very busy on 1860s ....and not able to follow any of this at the moment.
Auris gmbh gave me a great help and support but unfortunately he got super busy in real life and just invited me to upload the new version with partial updates I made, cuz he cannot add anymore atm.
I will try to re-upload my very last version in a faster site.
But pls be patiente....cuz we are only two ppl working on 1776
....and I am a ONE person team with 1860s, as I keep repeating.

Gabby

I don't know if i'm allowed to post some personal suggestions for the future update, but here i go :smile:

It would be great if you could walk when reloading like in 1755 old frontier and add some militia regiments.

If it could be possible to arrange some small tournaments when you are camping with your companions.

If you could get permission to use the freelancer mod and add it it would be SOO great  :lol:

Chylexx said:
I don't know if i'm allowed to post some personal suggestions for the future update, but here i go :smile:

It would be great if you could walk when reloading like in 1755 old frontier and add some militia regiments.

If it could be possible to arrange some small tournaments when you are camping with your companions.

If you could get permission to use the freelancer mod and add it it would be SOO great  :lol:
Yesss, you are allowed, cuz it says: "comments and help"
unfortunately guys, atm I need just help, cuz I have to handle things all by myself and I cannot promise ANY more addition...

Sorry but just fixing 1776 with things that already are there, is my priority... :cry:

Gab

Okay that's okay :smile: Gab you can send me the link to 1860 so i can test it too, i kinda regret that i wrote i only want to test 1776  :???: Just send if you there's not enough testers for 1860 :smile:

Vicnaire said:
in reality the militia that use guerilla warfare lost less then the people that got into line. u can tell ur men to only use blunt weapons and they wont shoot

and then unleash your deadly volley into the enemy :smile:
jackx said:
Yes, but historically, you could win an engagement despite being outnumbered to begin with and losing the greater number of soldiers, something that won't work in WB. As such, if close-order troops are to be superior to militia in terms of combat outcome, they have to outfight them because for the most part, they can't scare them away, certainly not if they're taking a beating in the process.

One tweak that could help is setting the timer for morale to take effect very low - by default it's either 30 or 45 seconds, and depending on the map size, this means that an enemy can be taking a murderous close-range volley without any ill effects for their army morale because it's still early enough for the game to simply ignore it.
(Not so noticeable in 1776 currently for the lack of murderous volleys at anything but point-blank range but very noticeble in WFaS for instance - you can get bandits to rout in droves by dropping 15-20% in one volley, yet if they spawn almost on top of you, your Serduks/Lifeguards can obliterate 50%+ in one volley with the rest all coming on undaunted).

Back
Top Bottom