NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Kurgan#1 said:
Hey Gab, just found I had the message i've been waiting for :smile:.  So looking forward to getting started.  The first problem i'm having is downloading the new version on Rapidshare, its been sitting with the spinning circle for the last 30 mins so i'm not holding out hope.  Is there any other way to get it?  My second question would be on banners and how do I attach one?

Edit. 6.40pm    24/5/12  Tried to download again and now getting a "file not available" message.

Edit. 6.53pm    24/5/12  Tried to download again and its back to the spinning circle like it can't find the file.
I'm afraid I cannot help with your download issue. Mine has taken over five hours to d/l but it's finally here. Are you saving the d/l to your PC and not trying to open it from that location?

To add a banner or siggy, go to profile and then forum profile. There is a section called "signature" . In the blank space provided to the right, add the code to get that signature and press the "change profile" button in the bottom right corner to update that siggy. Most of the folks who made the banners appear to have added the code so others can easily update their own siggy.

Cheers, Meg

Gaby my version is sitting at 1.51 at the moment, is that ok?  If not how do I role it back?  I've turned the Steam auto update off for now.

Do I have to start an account with fileshare to download the new version?

I am sorry, mate....that WB Updating Patch got me unprepared, actually....and I told you guys too late...but it s a serious issue.
Try to play it on 1.151 but will surely give you some problems.
You can actually report which.  :wink:
Soon I will describe to you how to have a working OLD version of M&B or WB as well.

And, no, you do not need an account to dwld.
It just takes time.
If you or anybody, have a better site, faster and free, pls point it out for me.
Gabby

Ok Gabby, i've had this on for 7-8 hrs now and it hasn't even started downloading.  Its still trying to get to a position where I can tell it where to download the file to.  i.e. the circle spinning at the top on the tab showing its trying to do something.  I've even tried joining the site to see if that helped, but I can't afford to pay and i'm not filling out loads of long questionaires to get free high-speed downloads.  I'm at a loss on what to do next.  :???:  I'm very sad now, I was looking forward to this.  :cry:  Hopefully you could maybe do something with Nexus or MB Repository or something, I havent uploaded anything really myself so I can't even point you in another direction.  Has anyone else having this problem?  Or is it just me, problem child as usual.  lol  I'll keep checking this page for updates.

Alright, got a little bit of time here to mess around with it.

EDIT by Gabby:Pls, edit your post here  :wink:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224321.msg5337062.html#msg5337062

Hallo dear Official Testers!!!

- SENT v.1.5 to AURIS and now to you all for final GENERAL check

1st  --Please DO NOT UPDATE to v. 1.151/1.153 your Warband , yet....or my Mod will not work  :???:
2nd --READ carefully all posts in this Topic (better if you read all 1776 last Topics) and all suggestions given in my first post, in spoilered "IMPORTANT!! Please read:" here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147421.msg3549809.html#msg3549809

3rd --Cick on CAMP when on Main Map, and FOLLOW these steps shown in my pics. So all of you will have the SAME gameplay experience (DO EXACTLY like I did in my PICS, please  :wink: )
http://img52.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb10ig.jpg

4th --EDIT your post in the Testers Topic when I will UN.lock it (saturday). I desire that you mess around on your own for few days, before you start your list there. Many things will be clearer then... :twisted:

Please do not send me PMs. I really am busy till saturday
Post here your major problems (DWLD, strange gameplay, Cheats indications, etc etc) and some other Testers or GabbysBunchers will try to help you out.

Thx to youall  :cool:
Gab

-UN-LOCKED the Testers Topic , you can edit your Post there now, after a deeeeep check/test-  :wink:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224321.msg5433707.html#msg5433707

Thx WRC, as always.  :mrgreen:
Hope you can help those fellows that have Steam and those that for some reason cannot dwld my update... :???:

Please TESTERS, post your POSITIVE and NEGATIVE comments here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224321.msg5364435.html#msg5364435

Empress did a great job, editing his post there. Please follow that scheme he did.  :wink:

Just be sure to express all your impressions, good and bad.
This is not just a BUG hunting, is a general testing on how the Mod came out after last fixes.
Thx

Gab

Sorry Nasey, but I put your comment here, cuz it is about our NEW v. 1.5 and only for Testers.
Strange issue, though...
Will see if others have the same problem.
Try to change some settings, in the meanwhile and keep a track of WHEN it usually crashes, pls.
Did Your version update to 1.152 automatically?
Wait, check that first!  :wink:

Nasey said:
Sorry if I bother you with this. I'm not sure if the mod is causing that problems, that is why I decided to write about this here:

- I sometimes got CTDs after doing something (killing man on a battlefield, completing a mission);
  I tried fighting with that problem, and when I thought that I already got rid of that... it happened again  :neutral:
- Infos usually displayed on the left side of the screen (such as fire distance, received experience, etc) are disappearing from time to time, I have to re-boot the game to fix that

I didn't have that kind of problems with the old AR version... I run your mod on Warband v1,143 and I've already done the setting you've written us to do...

MARSHAL NEY-
I'm having some... difficulties with the download :/
For some reason, half-way through the download I got an error message. It says it "can't find blah-blah-blah file", and aborts the download.

Please say exactly what the message said, in order to help you.
Write here about it.
The Testers Topic is JUST about Testing the Mod   :wink:

Gab

Perfect!  :razz:
You and Empress are doing great in Testing and description.
I was asking not only the bad/buggy things, though, but ALL your game experience, please.
How was your start and choices, your first impression of the Screens, musics sounds, scenes, gameplay, etc etc etc.
I tried to be specific about that here (pls Testers, check the final part )
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224321.msg5447610.html#msg5447610

Gab

Alright, I (believe) I fixed it after about 10 minutes of fiddling around.
Now my game is one Steam, which means it auto-updates.
What do you think I should do?
EDIT: Never mind, It says "C:/Users/-----/Local/Temp/1776_AR_v_1.5.zip. The archive is either in unknown format or is damaged."

Marshal_Ney said:
Alright, I (believe) I fixed it after about 10 minutes of fiddling around.
Now my game is one Steam, which means it auto-updates.
What do you think I should do?
EDIT: Never mind, It says "C:/Users/-----/Local/Temp/1776_AR_v_1.5.zip. The archive is either in unknown format or is damaged."
I think it is due to a bad dwld.
I will upload it to another site, I guess....

Trebor said:
please put Artillery into this version. im begging

Well, Trebby....I had my Gabrilduro Artillery System in 1755 and 1860s but it seems half of Players didn t understand that.... :oops:
Custer made a great Vid on that, and I think it works very well, expecially in sieges
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,200250.msg4814740.html#msg4814740

TO ALL TESTERS:
Once again, please: I don t want just a Bug Hunt, but more of a Personal  Description of the Good and Bad last  issues.
Too bad some Testers are still missing ....or having problems...  :neutral:
Pls try sieging Fort William Henry...
I made that Scene modifing an old scene of Great Antigonos. Now you can take the hidden way on the right and get the enemies from the back of the Fort!!
I played that with my son and had huge fun!!!!!!  :mrgreen:

PSbis.... do you guys like 1860s as well??
Some surprises will come soon from that side...it works great on 1.152!!  :twisted:

From Empress Meg:

-Rifled Musket
The reload time for this weapon is stated at 50. This reload speed is faster than most pistol reload times  in 1776 and is equal to a load time for a pair of pistols. Rifled weapons have more grip inside of the barrel, hence the accuracy, this reduced reload time. I know you know this. :razz:

I did that wrong then... :oops: ...cuz actually I knew it took LONGER to reload a rifled gun, cuz of the "grip" inside.
Plain muskets were less precise, but smooth and faster loading..
:eek:

-Long Land Pattern Musket
Range for this weapon is set to 60 whereas the Short Land Pattern Musket's range is 82. Perhaps a simple switch of range points was overlooked?
-Hunter Musket
The accuracy for this weapon is 90 and the reload time is 70, pretty amazing stats for the price unless I'm missing something.
-Shortened Carbine
Again this appears to be an amazing weapon, with range of 110, 72 accuracy and another one with range of 120 and accuracy of 68. Carbines shouldn't out-range a rifle or musket. The barrels are too short, and this one has a reduced "shortened" barrel length!
-Huge Pistol Pair
Range of 190!

EDIT BY GABBY (delete this after reading)
It is tricky actually, cuz Range is just DAMAGE. The real Range value is HIDDEN and I made it good for all guns up above. Try shooting and you ll see which is more precise
  :wink:

Gab, seeing as my download was messed up, I'd really appreciate if you re-uploaded it, possibly to a different site, and gave me the link?

I am very busy on fixing and updating 1860s Old America, atm. Sorry.
It was not in my schedule so soon, since I wanted to fix 1776 and use it as a base for 1860s New version, but I left 1860s too long in an unfinished state and I want to fix it now, even if temporarly.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,227195.0.html

I hope Auris will find the time to help me and you all on the 1776 side front....but he has his commitments in real life as well.
I did some more Scenes fix for 1776 and small things, so if a better version will be done by Auris, I can add that work I did.

Anyway....I think that ppl not getting the dwld right, did smth wrong....cuz it worked fine for most of us

Step one:
Go here  https://rapidshare.com/files/961682152/1776_AR_v._1.5.zip
Step 2:
Click on the 3rd option, the green one with the arrow moving up and down
Step 3:
choose where to store the dwld
Step 4:
at the end of the dwld, check if the SIZE of it collimates with the size declared on the dwld section.

Thx
Gab

P.S. ....IF ANYBODY can upload on a fast and safe site my 1776 v. 1.5, I d be more than glad, since I really have time problems, atm...

Ok Gabby, tried again to download the mod, but i'm not getting to the pick your download spot part.  The circle on the tab at the top just keeps spinning like its trying to get there to no avail.  I do get a warning from my Norton about this site and it tries to direct me away from it.  I'm unsure on whether to stop my Norton, seems a bit risky. Any other ideas?  p.s. I'm not a newb at downloading stuff and have downloaded hundreds, if not thousands of things without having this issue. :smile:

Edit 10.28  03/05/12  Tried again for the third time to no avail, can you maybe e-mail it to me or something?

That would be great if you could Ney, just PM me or post a link somewhere, I'm sure the others who are having problems would appreciate it too. :smile:

Cheers,
Scott (Kurgan#1)

Back
Top Bottom