New to Warband: What is the difference between Vanilla and Native?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Everyone,

Everyone miht be wondering how simple this question is and yes it is. I am mew to this game and has been hearing a lot about vanilla. Im not into mods amd all i play is native. Is vanilla just the same as native?

Thanks for your patience guys.

Vanilla is used to refer to original Mount & Blade game(the one that came before warband). While Native is the mod that is shipped with Warband or Vanila purchase.

BondBroker said:
Vanilla is used to refer to original Mount & Blade game(the one that came before warband). While Native is the mod that is shipped with Warband or Vanila purchase.

When you say it is a mod for the warband purchase, is it official? Or is it a private mod? Cause when you say mod it is a modification of the original right?

Ixzzhaeldir said:
BondBroker said:

When you say it is a mod for the warband purchase, is it official? Or is it a private mod? Cause when you say mod it is a modification of the original right?
Lol. I meant the module that comes with warband purchase, ie, non-modded official version of Warband.
Just think of warband as a DVD Player and modules as the various discs that you insert in DVD player. Without these modules , Warband is nothing. Native is the basic module that comes with Warband purchase and that u can play. Every other module uses Native as its base to develop new features.

Back
Top Bottom