New scenes (update 30/12/2011: Saxon Village p. 32)

Users who are viewing this thread

Great scenes as always. I was wondering if we could get some more scenes for bounty hunters... Something like an interior of a house or maybe some dungeon scenes, where we would have to venture into it to get our man, maybe even take on a small group in some dingy interior settings? Just some ideas.

Trully awesome work Adorno. One question however :smile: Why Din Tagell (Tintagel) is only an inland fort when it should be a great coastal promontary fortress? Is it not possible to have scenes with the sea?

Din Tagell is actually inspired by South Cadbury, but Idibil chose to make it Din Tagell.
Not sure why. You can make sea as border terrain, like in Hlew Ceaster.

I can announce there will be new scenes in version 1.31  :smile:

Adorno said:
Din Tagell is actually inspired by South Cadbury, but Idibil chose to make it Din Tagell.
Not sure why. You can make sea as border terrain, like in Hlew Ceaster.

I can announce there will be new scenes in version 1.31  :smile:

It is provisional, until we will have Din Tagell scene  :grin:

Excellent :smile:
There is some nice drawings of those fortress in the osprey "Hillforts of the Age of Arthur" and "Pictish fortress". If you don't have them already, PM me and I'll see what I can do :smile:

Morcant said:
Excellent :smile:
There is some nice drawings of those fortress in the osprey "Hillforts of the Age of Arthur" and "Pictish fortress". If you don't have them already, PM me and I'll see what I can do :smile:

I had send material to Adorno, but I dont remember if I send Din Tagell, if you have it, Morcant, it is welcome  :grin:
you do not have problem to criticize and comment on all the historical accuracy theme (there are some threads that you like), and post all the images you create suitable  :wink:

New town scene

Searoburh

"The fortress by a gentle river"

Know today as Old Sarum; an Iron Age hill fort, but inhabited since Neolithic times.
The Romans saw the strategical importance of the place and had a military station there.
The Saxons may also well have inhabited the place.
Much later the Normans came and constructed a motte and bailey castle, of which the remains can still be seen today.

But in the year 636 we must imagine something closer to the original hill fort from the Iron Age:

Town center (had to make the hill large so the player can't see everything)

Castle

Arena out in the woods

Besieging Searoburh

Stone circle outside where besiegers spawn

Overview

One ladder and a hole in the wall

New castle scene. The existing Din Tagell castle will be replaced by this historically more accurate one.

Din Tagell

Tintagel Castle as it is know today is a peninsular fort on the northern coast of Cornwall, protected by steep cliffs.
Only a narrow land bridge leads to the island. For hundreds of years it has been famous for its King Arthur legend.
For more than 800 years a magical tale has been told that Tintagel was the birthplace of the noble King Arthur.

He was protected from evil by Merlin the magician who lived below the castle in a cave.

Screenshots

Overview with Merlin's cave in the centre

The Peninsula

Besieging Din Tagell

3 ladders in total. 2 at the main gate and one at the tower to the left.

Ok that explains it, i noticed two very different looking screenshots on the first page for Din tagel. Very cool Adorno, but what will happen to old Din tagel? I spent many a happy hour defending that old fort

Surely there's some other fortress it could replace? After all we don't have a very exact idea of what all these places looked like do we?

Sweet! I have always wanted to take Caer Rheon, and now its just additional incentive, plus multiple entrys= slightly easier!

Back
Top Bottom