New scenes (update 30/12/2011: Saxon Village p. 32)

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
Adorno said:
New castle scene
For those of you who don't know I've made 3 castles for Imperium Romanum.
And one of those will be reused in Brytenwalda, just as they were IRL  :smile:
WANDERFUL, really!! ....and the look of them is so real. Well done, Adorno!
Hope Vympel thanked you well enough! :wink:
Gab
 

Thorgil

Squire
Best answers
0
cool.
would be great if there was some more roman "stuff" in the game, like some armours or so.
anyway, nice idea.
thanx Adorno.
 

jackx

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Looking good, if maybe a bit too well-preserved... I'm not saying it shouldn't be formidable, or well-maintained, but it could be patched-up a bit more to show that it's been in continuous use, and not just recently been dusted off after being stored like a museum piece for a century or two :wink:


What do you mean by Roman armour, Thorgil? From my limited knowledge, late west roman equipment didn't look much different from many of the pieces available in BW, and had a heavy Germanic influence and few distinctively "Roman" aspects...
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
0
jackx said:
Looking good, if maybe a bit too well-preserved... I'm not saying it shouldn't be formidable, or well-maintained, but it could be patched-up a bit more to show that it's been in continuous use, and not just recently been dusted off after being stored like a museum piece for a century or two :wink:
You're absolutely right. There are just so few ruined scene props that it's difficult to make it look real.
 

cpkuntz

Veteran
Best answers
0
Using Caladria in Darkness would make it look more "ruined".  Beautiful work as always, Adorno!  This makes me want to try Imperium Romanum!  Great scene.  Which town(s) will this be?
 

jackx

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Only at a glance, because the gloomy atmoshpere would bring an increased sense of loss and decay, without adding any actual wear or damage beyond surface cosmetics.  And in a place that is worn down through use, not left deserted to decay, that'd not be an entirely appropriate type of "damage" anyways... damage wouldn't show so much in crumbling ruins and neglect, but in the makeshift repairs in their place.

It is as Adorno said, anything substantial would have to come through new scene elements that'd have to be specifically created for that purpose.

With the materials at hand, this is a splendid job, and I look forward to exploring it once it's found its way into a release.
 

Uhtred Ragnarson

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
cpkuntz said:
Using Caladria in Darkness would make it look more "ruined".  Beautiful work as always, Adorno!  This makes me want to try Imperium Romanum!  Great scene.  Which town(s) will this be?
where can CiD be found? Is it installed over brytenwalda itself or just over Warband?
 

cpkuntz

Veteran
Best answers
0
Taleworlds forum for CiD:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=157802.0

Download link:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/83044906/Calradia__in_Darkness.7z

or

http://freakshare.com/files/s6ykb4w1/Calradia_-in_Darkness.7z.html

Install it over Brytenwalda.  The graphic mod pack uses CiD textures along with flora, and horizons from Polished Landscapes.  Skies in the graphic pack come from a mix of sources (I think Native in the latest version?).  The skies in CiD are very dark and some people don't like them.  I like how CiD makes stone walls, wood, and grass look.  I don't like the skies very much, and it changes some of the game items a darker colour (like bread and apples).
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
0
A Saxon village



Screenshots










 
Best answers
0
Nice work like usual  :smile: Logs,chopped wood and benches are very nice details too. Just one little thing, you made it so detailed and forgot to put the big thing, gate door. It happens to me a sometimes when making detailed armors, focus on all the little things and forget to put the belts or something along those lines.
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
0
Zimke Zlovoljni said:
... gate door.
Yes, you mean the 'arch' over the entrance to the manor?  :smile:
I actually changed the palisade after those screenshots because it's a very complex model, 3-4 times the amount of vertices than native palisade model.
 
Best answers
0
Adorno said:
Zimke Zlovoljni said:
... gate door.
Yes, you mean the 'arch' over the entrance to the manor?  :smile:
I actually changed the palisade after those screenshots because it's a very complex model, 3-4 times the amount of vertices than native palisade model.
Mhm, that could be much, always try to unify vertices on models, sometime you can chop  off some nice vertices number. Oh yes, just remembered, Rathos has released his palisade model used in Vikingr, very nice palisades, well, Rathos made them after all :smile:
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
0
Sobakozoid said:
I'm sorry, but roofs looks bad.  :oops:
Too sharp and clean.
Yes, I'm not happy with them at all. Thatched roofs are not easy to make.
But actually the more flat and even a thatched roof is the better. It means it's well made  :smile:
When it begins to collapse (both in thickness and sliding down) - and moss starts growing on it - it becomes leaky.

This is a new, well made thatched roof, very even and thick.


This is an older one, and telling from the grey'ish colour it has seen better days. It has also begun sliding a little but not much.




Zimke Zlovoljni said:
... Oh yes, just remembered, Rathos has released his palisade model used in Vikingr, very nice palisades, well, Rathos made them after all :smile:
Everything Rathos does is nice. I'll check it out  :smile:
 

Rathmor

Regular
M&B
Best answers
0
I really need to remake and retexture the females body. It spoils the majesty of the scene :smile:
 

dutch81

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
0
Sobakozoid said:
I'm sorry, but roofs looks bad.  :oops:
Too sharp and clean.
Couldn't disagree more ... I think it all looks great.  Very good work Adorno I am a big fan of your work on this mod.