New Role Play Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been tempted to start one in the past, though I am a bit unsure of what would be the ideal setting.

Still, something must be done to keep the Tavern busy.

Well I had an idea for an RP which I was about to launch on another forum but I didn't. So here's the thing:
Its about international criminals (bankrobbers?).
The world will be the Earth as we know it. Timesetting: 2011!

Everyone could be either a criminal with his own speciality. They could all met up later and form a team. (Or already be part of the team if they're in the RP from the start.)

Or you could be an agent from an international agency (CIA or Interpol or so)
Then your objective is to hunt down the team. The fun thing about that is that you'll have authorities in various police departments. Sometimes to do the right thing means you'll have to break the law though :wink:

Another option would be playing as a mercenary, hired by rich bank owners who want their money back + revenge on the team.

Multiple characters should be allowed, but  preferably not on both sides of the law.

Hi-tech equipment is also allowed, but keep it realistic and not too hard to understand.
So what do you guys think about it? I know that it's not really worked out very well, but it's the RP-ideas thread :razz:

Edit: Sorry about the messed up typing, but the PS3 keybord is kinda difficult.

Sounds interesting, could be fun if refined further.

I would start a new RP, but most of the RPs I make tend to die off just as they get interesting, so I'm gonna probably wait on that unless someone has a suggestion.

Don't forget, applications for Warhammer are always accepted. And the RP is still alive and well. Progressing slowly albiet, but progressing none the less.

I kind of wanted to start something where the players are in charge of a kingdom(s, depending on how many were interested). There would be the king/Emporer etc;, all those fancy offices like Warlord or Lord Chancellor, and threats both foreign and domestic. Only problem would be figuring out how to work it. And staying dedicated enough to actually see this thing through, but that's more of a personal issue than the other.

What about a war roleplay where instead of being on the frontlines, doing all that Rambo ****, players are support staff. Guys like staff officers, engineers and logistical support. Be kind of ineresting to see.

LoTR ewww I love the series but I hate rping in series I love, makes me feel as if I am not being creative enough, I've been lurking alot btw.

well, a really good LOTR roleplay would be the EARLY DAYS of the THIRD AGE

that is, 3 or 4 generations after the victory of the Great Alliance over Sauron, 3 or 4 generations after the One Ring disappears.

Why is it good?

because the lore for the general setting exists, there is a framework to operate within.
because the details are 'lost in time' and there is room for creativity.
because we can infer from the Lore, that non-human races still had strong powers and a strong presence which they lost as the 3rd Age progressed. (this means elves, dwarves, talking beasts and suchlike can offer valid RP characters)

how about replay an historical battle?

basically, you're stuck with what the historical dispositions were at 0600 (or dawn, whatever comes first) on the first day.  You then give your orders as the army/corps commander. 
only 2 or 3 people can post per battle but it would resolve quite quickly...  And others could then 'fight' the next battle

Roleplaying LOTR scares me, a lot.  Though the fact that you could be talking beasts somewhat adds to the quality of the RP, I still don't think it should be done.  Why doesn't someone come up with a good Native Mount&Blade RP.  I'd like to see more than just Battle for Tihr.

Anyways, I don't really feel the need of a new RP. I already took part in Inductees and Zombies RP.
Though I believe that both of these RP's have a low chance of surviving longer than 6 months. No offense, but the RP'ers are rather inactive.

Back
Top Bottom