New Models & Textures for upcoming patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Check NW players base. With proper, server, clans and steam support with real cool feature ( i'm talking with a mini-multiplayer skyrim here)  for siege weapon and a long persistence. This can work.

Aldric said:
A official DLC with steam support would bring a lot more players on the servers.

Splintert said:
No, it'll bring a lot less players because they'd have to buy it.
+1

Aldric said:
Check NW players base. With proper, server, clans and steam support with real cool feature ( i'm talking with a mini-multiplayer skyrim here)  for siege weapon and a long persistence. This can work.
Metalhead259 said:
Somehow I doubt Vornne would ever make people pay money to buy this modification.
I've played PW since the beginning, and even I wouldn't buy it as a DLC, its not THAT good.

Thats my personal opinion however, but I do agree with Splinterts comments that it would just repel players.

The Bowman said:
Even if I wanted to, I don't even have those money. Eastern Europe would just not exist in the player base.

Steam adjust the price depending on where you are.
That why smart players buy russia key on some games.

Aldric said:
The Bowman said:
Even if I wanted to, I don't even have those money. Eastern Europe would just not exist in the player base.

Steam adjust the price depending on where you are.

Not by much however and it barely makes a difference, they usually just convert the cost to your regional equivalent, even then the conversion is not perfect and your normally find yourself paying more then you should in some parts of the world.

If you cant afford the cost of a Mount & Blade DLC, you need to stop reading this and turn your pc off as you shoudlnt be able to afford to run the electricity to use it :grin:.  It is great that people spend their times making mods out of the goodness of their hearts and of course they have a drive to give to others but enjoy the challenge by expressing their expertise and creativity.  Having said this, I would love creators like Vorne to be able to legitimately make a profit for their hard effort and legitamise their work.  As others have said you only have to look at the conversion from Mount & Musket to Napoleonic wars.  In Australia the population went from 30-40 in a server for events to filling 200 slot servers for events.  The community population in Australia due to the release of NW has gone 10 fold from what it was.  I imagine this has occured world wide given teh quantity of the servers I see listed.  When a DLC is made it expands Mount & Blade and given that many gamer magazines and youtube channel gaming hosters like "Angry Joe" pick up on the games and expose it to thousands of consumers.  Mount & Blade titles are very affordable and the DLCs are even more so.  For this to go DLC means a lot more work would have to go into it but I believe it is worth it for the developer "Vornne" and anyone who would join his team.  The effort needed to produce it would would surely be worth its while for the developers and the thousands of new players to Mount & Blade that would BUY and play it.

PW cycles through its players once a month. There's no way to maintain that level of new players if it had to be purchased. People would not be happy if they bought a $10 DLC and all it had was a reorganization of Native props/items/features into a long deathmatch game mode. Add that to the generally **** quality of servers/admins/players and you've got a dead DLC idea.

This mod is not finished, and I always look forward to seeing the updates and enjoying the game, as with the updates comes new players and old players returning to active servers and communities.  This mod is a master piece and with good server administration works amazingly.  The finished product of this mod could definately be a DLC and should be in my opinion.  WIth using Vornnes mod as a template and bringing him into leading a professional team Tale Worlds could create a master piece that surpasses everything it has already done.  Why can't this be done?  It can and in my opinion should!.

If it was for me to create something awesome, I'd share it for free, because I know what's it like not to have money for a simple game. Of course, it's easy to say that you can throw 10$ when you always have money at your disposal, thus for you it's literally nothing. There was a saying too, "the poor gives you more than the rich".

BaronBaanus said:
If you cant afford the cost of a Mount & Blade DLC, you need to stop reading this and turn your pc off as you shoudlnt be able to afford to run the electricity to use it :grin:.  It is great that people spend their times making mods out of the goodness of their hearts and of course they have a drive to give to others but enjoy the challenge by expressing their expertise and creativity.  Having said this, I would love creators like Vorne to be able to legitimately make a profit for their hard effort and legitamise their work.  As others have said you only have to look at the conversion from Mount & Musket to Napoleonic wars.  In Australia the population went from 30-40 in a server for events to filling 200 slot servers for events.  The community population in Australia due to the release of NW has gone 10 fold from what it was.  I imagine this has occured world wide given teh quantity of the servers I see listed.  When a DLC is made it expands Mount & Blade and given that many gamer magazines and youtube channel gaming hosters like "Angry Joe" pick up on the games and expose it to thousands of consumers.  Mount & Blade titles are very affordable and the DLCs are even more so.  For this to go DLC means a lot more work would have to go into it but I believe it is worth it for the developer "Vorne" and anyone who would join his team.  The effort needed to produce it would would surely be worth its while for the developers and the thousands of new players to Mount & Blade that would BUY and play it.

You wrote this text because you want to pay? Seriously? This mod is awesome and a bunch of us want to contribute someway, but this is "free (we've paid for warband)" and must continue to be free.

In your opinion you really believe you (and we) should pay for what is already distributed for free? I'm getting a headache.

I think what he means is that turning PW into a DLC would mean money and efford went into it, resulting in the mod generally being of better quality,
so far that it becomes worthy of being in it's "own game".

The Bowman said:
If it was for me to create something awesome, I'd share it for free, because I know what's it like not to have money for a simple game. Of course, it's easy to say that you can throw 10$ when you always have money at your disposal, thus for you it's literally nothing. There was a saying too, "the poor gives you more than the rich".

Artists and creators whether they want it or not, deserve to make money from the effort and time they put into their creations.  I agree that for a mod the general notion behind making it is to give people something, but for a game to get up to the level of DLC there should be some financial support or benefit to the developer due to the shear man power and time it takes to produce something like this.  Some mod makers put their general life on hold in order to put effort into their creation.  Why should they be at a loss so that people can play for free whilst the creator gets nothing other than feeling satisfied they helped out others enjoy something they put time effort and tears into.

Serann said:
I think what he means is that turning PW into a DLC would mean money and efford went into it, resulting in the mod generally being of better quality,
so far that it becomes worthy of being in it's "own game".

Exactly.  The mod is not finished and it continues to be worked on.  What you have said Serann is exactly what I am meaning, it would no longer be a mod but something to a higher quality resulting in a significantly larger player base due ot the higher quality and refinement of the product.  To do this more man hours would have to go in to the point people multiple people up to a large team would be treating this like their full time employment.  So to do this they would have to recieve some monetary benefit and reward in order to want to do it in the first place or need to.  It wouldnt be a mod it would be a game.  I apologise if I caused any confusion and I am speaking of only what I would like to see as I love this mod and want it to rise to greater heights and as I have enjoyed this so much I would love Vornne, Laszlo and anyone else who has contributed to this over its time to recieve some rewards and of course anyone who works on it in the future.  It would just be fantastic to see this up to the level of a stand alone or at the least a DLC for Warband.  People could still play the mod, but to have that refined improved high quality option, that would be nice as well.

Back
Top Bottom