NEW MOD: Magic World for 1.011 Updated january 23th

Users who are viewing this thread

Fei Dao said:
Also: Bug - Cat's grace is a permanent agility boost, it's supposed to only be temporary.

Yeah, just a bug, a mistake.

In module_scripts.py, the global variables are $Cats_grace...
e.g:
                 (assign, "$Cats_grace_time", 200),
                 (assign, "$Cats_grace_Activated", 1),

In module_mission_templates.py, the global variables are $Cat's_grace...
e.g:
                              (gt,"$Cat's_grace_time",0),
                              (val_sub,"$Cat's_grace_time",1),

In module_triggers.py, the global variables are $Cat's_grace...
e.g:
                 (eq,"$Cat's_grace_Activated",1),
                 (assign,"$Cat's_grace_Activated",0),
                 (assign,"$Cat's_grace_time",0),

So...

In addition, AI mages have mana, too. Just you never know how much are left.

sidewinder99 said:
Why is dos fireball and wave fire att the same time when using fireball  :?: :?: :?:
Did you try using some of the Mage Lord's tweaks that change things in scripts.txt?  If so I'm guessing you broke something in that file relating to the spells.  I had that problem with changing the name of my kingdom using Hardrada's tweak, my character was renamed Learned Fire Shroud! and I became king of Learned Tsunami!  :lol:

GH176 said:
adalonus:
How did you change the mana regen? :?: :?: :?:

In the module_scripts.py file, about line 20810, you start seeing information about spells and such. I just changed what the bonus to mana recovery was. So I changed Magic Apprentice's bonus from 1 to 3. I also did the same with the wands and such to get me good enough mana regen to cast spells quite often.

("mana_add",
  [      (assign,":mana_add",1),
      (get_player_agent_no,":player_no"),
      (agent_get_wielded_item,"$player_items",":player_no"),
      (try_begin),
          (eq,"$player_items","itm_black_stick"),
          (val_add,":mana_add",3),
      (else_try),
          (eq,"$player_items","itm_red_stick"),
          (val_add,":mana_add",6),
      (else_try),
          (eq,"$player_items","itm_dark_magicwand"),
          (val_add,":mana_add",9),
      (else_try),
          (eq,"$player_items","itm_red_magicwand"),
          (val_add,":mana_add",15),
      (else_try),
          (eq,"$player_items","itm_dark_shadow_sceptre"),
          (val_add,":mana_add",20),
      (else_try),
          (eq,"$player_items","itm_red_kindle_sceptre"),
          (val_add,":mana_add",40),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 3),
          (le, "$Magic_Level", 6),
          (val_add,":mana_add",3),
      (else_try),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 6),
          (le, "$Magic_Level", 9),
          (val_add,":mana_add",6),
      (else_try),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 9),
          (le, "$Magic_Level", 12),
          (val_add,":mana_add",9),
      (else_try),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 12),
          (le, "$Magic_Level", 15),
          (val_add,":mana_add",12),
      (else_try),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 15),
          (le, "$Magic_Level", 1:cool:,
          (val_add,":mana_add",15),
      (else_try),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 1:cool:,
          (le, "$Magic_Level", 21),
          (val_add,":mana_add",18),
      (else_try),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 21),
          (le, "$Magic_Level", 24),
          (val_add,":mana_add",21),
      (else_try),
          (gt, "$Magic_Level", 24),
          (lt, "$Magic_Level", 30),
          (val_add,":mana_add",25),
      (else_try),
          (ge, "$Magic_Level", 30),
          (val_add,":mana_add",30),
      (try_end),
          (val_add,"$mana",":mana_add"),
          (val_min,"$mana","$maximun_mana"),]),

The values I changed are in red. No particular reason on the values, just wanted something better and I figured X3 was good for the first few, then it would be less. I'm a high level mage with a good wand, and my mana regen is a little too good. I destroy 1/2 an army before they can even get close. and then when they get close, I destroy them even more its a little too good.

vadermath said:
So 暗暗十分, will you perhaps be making another magic mod or something?

i would prefer if he expanded the game though, make it so that the reason people play is not just because of the magic

Well, actually that's the whole point of his mod: magic :mrgreen: So it would be logical for him to expand that. What would be cool is some new magician factions, where all there troops could use magic.

vadermath said:
Well, actually that's the whole point of his mod: magic :mrgreen: So it would be logical for him to expand that. What would be cool is some new magician factions, where all there troops could use magic.
:shock: Both me and my computer oppose that - it would me a nightmare to us to face them in any situation.

Wow, I really enjoy this mod's magic system.  Great work!!! :grin: Adds a whole new dimension to combat and makes it very enjoyable.  Mastering your Mage skills would take a lot of effort on one's part but the payoff is there I think.  The rest of the mod seems a bit sparse atm (20 hours in) and not that much different from Vanilla (I do see roving bands of Undead though) but for now the Magic system is a blast! (no pun intended). :lol:

Still no joy on how to get Bull's Strength, huh?  I've seen enough dialog to confirm that there are only 5 wizards
in Sargoth, Zendar, Praven, Jelkala, and Narra
Also, the texture is missing from the Mysterious Meadl  :wink: such that it doesn't show up in your inventory.  If you open inventory while carrying the MM, the game locks up until you ctrl-alt-del out to the desktop and dismiss the popup gripe box saying it doesn't have the texture.  Then you can alt-tab back into the game and manipulate the invisible medal around your inventory.  Still, by far the best thing to do is immediately take it to
Narra
and be rid of it, since you're in the neighborhood anyway.

Ok, here's a problem I seem to be the only one having.

DL and installation - ok
Startup - ok
Meeting the M.Teacher and getting fireball - ok
Go into combat, cycle to fireball, left click and equip. Now the fireball spell is equipped - ok

But how in the name of all mothers to I CAST the damned spell!? I've tried everything but alas.

Any suggestions?

Only way I've found is to free them from other parties or capture and convert them.  Which is a pain as I seem to have broken recruiting from prisoners by applying some of the tweaks. :sad:  Still, a force of mages is almost too powerful to be fun unless you can run at 400 or more battlesize so something can live to reach your lines.

By far the most best addition to the game ive seen so far, its not a full mod, but the elements it brings to the game make the game so much more fun, while other mods just reskin retexture, borrow etc etc etc.

Hell of a good job man, I really hope your planning on using this in some larger project, its got potential for sure.

Back
Top Bottom