new Alternative animation (work LINK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Even

Regular
(sorry from my English)

I suggest you to estimate the animation altered by me:smile:.
At the same time look a videoclip. It too can estimate)
(Animation is presented in the form of a videoclip)

I wish to offer developers, to replace an existing variant, with mine. But first I shall complete it. (now my animations contain some oversights because, I did it for myself)

Here the reference: http://lukoshko.org/6598037
or this: http://rapidshare.com/files/117060745/m_b_addvensedanimation_even.mpg

Express the opinion.

hm, I sure as hell don't know what to click on to download...rapidshare would be better.

If the google translator is accurate you need visit advertisers before you can download the file, click сюда towards the end of the text. I'm not game enough to try it.

Host it at www.megaupload.com or www.rapidshare.com. The site you hosted it on doesn't allow foreign downloads because of heavy traffic.

Strange, at me all work. Can be because I in Belarussion live.
Here, placed on http://rapidshare.com/files/117060745/m_b_addvensedanimation_even.mpg

ok, here, my thoughts:
- the drawing animation is well done, but really too flashy. It kind of works for swords, but the way he swung a lance like that was ridiculous :grin: I hope they make all kinds of different drawing animations - sword from a sheath etc..
- the overhead attack looks a bit uncomfortable (you don't lean that much back in a real fight, it's a wasted energy), but it looks better than the native one.

I couldn't see the rest (the stabbing animation?) well, probably because of the heavy editing of the video. It'd be best to show the animations in a loop in the editor you made them in (Max I guess...) without any distraction...

Merlkir said:
ok, here, my thoughts:
- the drawing animation is well done, but really too flashy. It kind of works for swords, but the way he swung a lance like that was ridiculous :grin: I hope they make all kinds of different drawing animations - sword from a sheath etc..

I agree on this one. It was way to flashy, escpesially if you've got like a Sword of War or something. I also doubt that the average looter could do something like that. The lance looked a bit funny too...

Still, something needs to be done about the standard animation. If I have a Bastard Sword, it's actually in my belt and that's were I'm supposed to get it. I do not have all weapons on my back.

However, the stabbing animation was waaay better then the naitive (seriously, who stabbs in the naitive way in a intense close combat???). It made the spear/lance attacks look really cool and much more realistic. The overhead  attack looks pretty weird, but... still better than the naitive.

well, Taleworlds have a new animator and as we've seen in the video with Armagan and Ipek interview, they are using motion capture to make new animations. Just wait and see, says I. :smile:

I write, what a animation not complete. Strikes from overhead  me do not satisfy, too. I want to redact them.
But, in some moments, impossible to divide animation. it no comfortable. =(
Next time, I give demos in normal form =), not in videoclip.

The pole un-sheating animation made me laugh.  :lol:
The sword spin looks allright, but could the animation be made so that the weapon was unsheated from the sheath on the belt.

I really loved the animations. It made the game more dynamic I think. Of course the spear un-sheating animation was a little out there. But if you fixed it I would love to download it and to install in my native.

You are a very talented animator, I didn't like the un-sheathing animations but the striking with the military pick looked incredible! The spear thrusts and the sword slashing were my favourites, you could really "feel" the power of the strikes.

The un-sheating looks too... hollywood. I would get tired of it after a few hours. Beautiful work though.

The stab is great for spears on foot and all weapons when mounted.

Native stab for swords has some sense for 1-handed and on foot: it uses the weight of the body instead of only the strength of your arm.

The horizontal(up-down) attact was wrong, the weapon should remain as straight as possible. The unsheading animation looked cool, but only for swords, plus the weapon should be drawn from the right place and the animation should only be available for characters with a high level.

Nice stuff! What software are you using? This is for 0.903 I assume due to BRF edit being broken for animations in this version (unless you've done something clever)

It's truly a shame we can't add animations atm, only replace..

I used a BRF Edit 0.8.5 for 0.903 M&B, for export in SMD-format, and this to 3dsMax6. It all, what i am used =( . Actually, yes, export from ass.
But, if developers was dividing animation from lance and sword, will be very good. And if to one event was >1 animations, will be a very very perfect. Hollywood moments don't aggravate.
All problems in locked animations for 2-3 weapons... and I no completed something.

Merlkir said:
well, Taleworlds have a new animator and as we've seen in the video with Armagan and Ipek interview, they are using motion capture to make new animations. Just wait and see, says I. :smile:

You speak, animations will be corrected? Hm...ok... waiting... and modern my )

...sorry from my English

Back
Top Bottom