Nerf Vlandia TDM

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlandia is really fun to play with. Top entertaining. But not to play against. Combined with the Voting system and the popularity of Vlandia, they can also vote for what faction they want to play against. It's getting super boring. Players exploit this to get as many kills as possible, as easy as possible.

I suggest nerfing 2h sword. And make sergeants more expensive. And lower the armor. Give Vlandia same treatment as all other factions, and nerf them to hell..

I think it's the peasant + loot perk that makes vladia the strongest faction. Basically you can take peasant a couple of times and make enough gold to take sergent for the rest of the game.

I'm also annoyed with the popularity of Vlandia. It seems like 80% of TDM games have them and I would relly like to see more diversity in the matchups.
I think the previous two ovservations are quite accurate. While in most factions most players have to spend most of their time with the cheapest class, vlandian peasants have the money making capacity to get the better classes most of the time.
And with the beginner friendly crossbows, the highest armor in the game (who is also the only heavy 2handed besides maybe Khan Guard and Khuzait Lancer and even has good shield in addition, unlike any other 2handed infantry) and the trademark cav it seems like Vlandia got the best of everything. Definitely the best option for the best players who don't need to worry about money.

There also seems so be some bug going on. I recently played as a peasant with loot perk, died two times without doing anything and instead of the expected 120 gold I had 180. After the recent fix with rabble 50% damage reduction I wouldn't wonder if there was something wrong coding wise.

Last edited:
I think it's the peasant + loot perk that makes vladia the strongest faction. Basically you can take peasant a couple of times and make enough gold to take sergent for the rest of the game.
By that logic, Khuzait would be top tier, since their looters have a shield in their base kit, and I think the Eastern Sickle is the best one-handed cut weapon a peasant can have in Bannerlord

Honestly though, I think the Sergeant could use some slight number changes here and there, and I just want the Sharpshooter to be more vulnerable in melee to make up for being the strongest ranged unit.

As for the Vlandian Knight, there is one buff that I personally wanna see. The shield perk is honestly kinda useless since the Cavalry Sword is so painfully slow that you're an even worse melee unit than the Imperial Recruit if you ever lose your horse. I think it'd be worth it to replace the stronger shield perk with the following:

Mounted Infantry
Downgrades your lance to a Vlandian Long Spear. Shorter and can't be couched
Your horse has 3 less points of armor (stacks with Flanker)
Upgrades your Cavalry Kite Shield to the Voulgier's Kite Shield. Slightly more durable, much greater coverage
Upgrades your Vlandian Cavalry Sword to a Vlandian Axe. Much faster, deals bonus damage to shields.

Developers will not see this thread but + anyway
Vlandia should be Cavalry-crossbows based faction, infantry should be nerfed (peasants and sergants) while knights should be boosted (one of worst heavy cav in game right now imo)

Back
Top Bottom