Nerf christian clergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Posted a thread 20 seconds after this one not knowing so I'm copy pasting what I said into here:

"So my two grains of salt.

I've put hundreds of hours into VC, started over dozens of times to figure out a way to rise up as a raider without being stuck on an island without friends and I have to say I think there should be some changes made to raiding.

1. Drop the reputation drop with factions. Seriously. It makes sense for Christian lords to hate me for killing their weak Christian priests but how the f*** does it also affect my relationship with the faction as a whole? It's honestly ridiculously frustrating to have kingdoms on the other side of the map get angry because you raided a monastery seperated from them by an entier ocean. Keep the penalty towards neighboring settlements, keep the penalty towards lords but for heaven's sake get rid of the relationship loss for factions. If the king hates me thats bad enough and it'll bite you in the ass well enough once you establish a kingdom.

2. Is it possible to have looting lower the time needed to raid villages? Given teh density of the map, how small raiding parties are for most of teh early/mid game because of ship size and how many bandits there are its incredibly difficult to pull of a village raid without getting jumped by lords or/and bandits. It would add a great amount of value to the looting skill because there isn't really that much rn and it would provide a viable alternative to raiding monasteries, which are much quicker to raid for some reason. I should be able to raid a village and get lost before the lord two towns away can get here.  It's a double edged sword too because you won't have as much time to defend you're own villages who are getting raided (later in teh game when you get land) so all in all I feel like this is the easiest and most balanced way to fix part of the problems with the mechanic.

3. The ability to recruit the various outlaw units at their hideouts (similar to villages), particularly the viking units when reputation is low enough. Given the small size of raiding parties and the fact that you probably won't have many friends, being able to recruit troops that don't get killed by angry peasants opens up village raiding earlier in the game without having to suffer large amounts of casualties. Early game players will most likely have a party of 27 which only allows for 7 casualties before they can't raid anymore. Tough units are necessary and without it, the grind is all too real.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game as is but I feel like these changes could make raiding the badass route it should be. I'm not asking you to make it easy, just asking to make it fair.

PS. wrote this exhausted so please excuse the faulty spelling and poorly phrased sentences."

Looking at the fact that there are now two pagan Hofs that can be raided...has anyone tried raiding those and seeing what he Pagan nations then have to say about that? And especially which ones? Northvegr and Denmark are probably pissed if it has the same penalty has raiding too many monasteries, and Northhymbre and Laithlind as well I would guess. What about Friese that is technically christian, but controlled by pagan danes?
Would be worth a try, even tough its probably not of big interest for most players.

Faenwulf said:
Looking at the fact that there are now two pagan Hofs that can be raided...has anyone tried raiding those and seeing what he Pagan nations then have to say about that? And especially which ones? Northvegr and Denmark are probably pissed if it has the same penalty has raiding too many monasteries, and Northhymbre and Laithlind as well I would guess. What about Friese that is technically christian, but controlled by pagan danes?
Would be worth a try, even tough its probably not of big interest for most players.
Works the same way as with Christians. Screw Pagans enough and they will smear your name, eventually leading to a war with Pagan factions. And Friese counts as a Pagan faction.

Raiding those Hofs is also a gamey way of going to war against those factions without loosing face with your vassals for declaring war without having a reason.

EDIT: A note for the devs. If you change that, I´ll kill you.

Osviux said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
We will include small changes in the next patches...but the core will be the same.

Could that relation drop have limits then?
Sumtingwong said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
We will include small changes in the next patches...but the core will be the same.
How about some actual info on what you plan to do. You shouldn't be crippled like that in any way shape or form. "Viking CONquest" Not "Viking has to pay money to overzealous loan sharks for taking down a corrupt area."

Speaking of corrupt areas am I the only one who raided the monastery where you first start in story mode? >_> greedy crafty ****s...deserved it.

You should be able to see that changes in the current beta patch.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
Posted a thread 20 seconds after this one not knowing so I'm copy pasting what I said into here:

I've put hundreds of hours into VC, started over dozens of times to figure out a way to rise up as a raider without being stuck on an island without friends and I have to say I think there should be some changes made to raiding.

1. Drop the reputation drop with factions. Seriously. It makes sense for Christian lords to hate me for killing their weak Christian priests but how the f*** does it also affect my relationship with the faction as a whole? It's honestly ridiculously frustrating to have kingdoms on the other side of the map get angry because you raided a monastery seperated from them by an entier ocean. Keep the penalty towards neighboring settlements, keep the penalty towards lords but for heaven's sake get rid of the relationship loss for factions. If the king hates me thats bad enough and it'll bite you in the ass well enough once you establish a kingdom.

2. Is it possible to have looting lower the time needed to raid villages? Given teh density of the map, how small raiding parties are for most of teh early/mid game because of ship size and how many bandits there are its incredibly difficult to pull of a village raid without getting jumped by lords or/and bandits. It would add a great amount of value to the looting skill because there isn't really that much rn and it would provide a viable alternative to raiding monasteries, which are much quicker to raid for some reason. I should be able to raid a village and get lost before the lord two towns away can get here.  It's a double edged sword too because you won't have as much time to defend you're own villages who are getting raided (later in teh game when you get land) so all in all I feel like this is the easiest and most balanced way to fix part of the problems with the mechanic.

3. The ability to recruit the various outlaw units at their hideouts (similar to villages), particularly the viking units when reputation is low enough. Given the small size of raiding parties and the fact that you probably won't have many friends, being able to recruit troops that don't get killed by angry peasants opens up village raiding earlier in the game without having to suffer large amounts of casualties. Early game players will most likely have a party of 27 which only allows for 7 casualties before they can't raid anymore. Tough units are necessary and without it, the grind is all too real.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game as is but I feel like these changes could make raiding the badass route it should be. I'm not asking you to make it easy, just asking to make it fair.

PS. wrote this exhausted so please excuse the faulty spelling and poorly phrased sentences."

Please, don't duplicate messages (spam).

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Osviux said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:

Could that relation drop have limits then?
Sumtingwong said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
How about some actual info on what you plan to do. You shouldn't be crippled like that in any way shape or form. "Viking CONquest" Not "Viking has to pay money to overzealous loan sharks for taking down a corrupt area."

Speaking of corrupt areas am I the only one who raided the monastery where you first start in story mode? >_> greedy crafty ****s...deserved it.

You should be able to see that changes in the current beta patch.

DrunkenFrenchman said:

Please, don't duplicate messages (spam).

Sorry meant to delete the first post. I'll get on that stat.

Any chance for You guys to make religious parties spawn from cities with temples(to convert nearby, like monasteries) or make the lords help You with the religious process(building stuff in their fiefs)?

Back
Top Bottom