Negative honor

Users who are viewing this thread

Tizz

Veteran
how does it affect gameplay?
i am doing some pretty evil things like helping to start wars, insulting lords, duel for my lady and have some pretty bad honor.
havent noticed anything thus far, except new people i meet have - relations but every now and then someone with high contraversy that i havent met has + relations????
any ideas guys?

Sounds like it has the opposite effect that having honor does.  The effect of having good relations with honorable lords and bad with non-spiffy people.  You are have good relations with non-honorable lords and bad relations with honorable lords.  Other than this, I didn't even know you could get negative honor.

Trevty1995 said:
I've done it before.  It seems like it's harder to recruit from fiefs too.
surely this can be countered by doing good deeds for the village.
the reason im going bad ass is because dis-honrable lords are easier to recuit i have found
but i dont wanna find myself in the middle of the epic battle and unable to recruit troops.
oh yea and the king completely hates me!! something like -17, can i be charged for treason?

I really never intend to be dishonorable because I always rp "freeing Caldaria from the opression". Only honorable lords get towns. Dis-honorable ones don't get even a castle, just a village. Yes honorable lords seem harder to recruit But I think they're worth :wink:

Negative honour makes the dishonourable lords friendlier to you but the honourable ones dislike you more.  I wasn't aware of the recruiting thing but it kinda makes sense.

So far I have only played an honourable character so no real issues with it there.

Trevty1995 said:

Honor has no impact on the number of troops available to recruit.  The only things that affect troop recruiting are your relationship with the village and your relationship with the village's faction.

Trevty1995 said:
kefka95 said:
Trevty1995 said:

Honor has no impact on the number of troops available to recruit.  The only things that affect troop recruiting are your relationship with the village and your relationship with the village's faction.

Must have just been a hard time to find troops.

Being that you have been doing dishonorable things. You sure you don't have small negative relations with the places or factions you are trying to recruit from? Because he's correct as long as you're above 0 relation with the faction and the village you should be able to recruit from it.

are there any positive spin offs from being dishonerable?
it seems it is a tuff way to go, most games have pro and cons of being evil.
perhaps doing whatever you please may be a positive spin off?
also is it true kings distribute fiefs regarding honer? so i will never get a castle? damn!

Tizz said:
are there any positive spin offs from being dishonerable?
it seems it is a tuff way to go, most games have pro and cons of being evil.
perhaps doing whatever you please may be a positive spin off?
also is it true kings distribute fiefs regarding honer? so i will never get a castle? damn!

You got a LOT of loot and denars from raiding villages being evil. Also caravans.

Trevty1995 said:
I'm sure of it.  They were friendly villages that I had previously been getting troops from.  And no, I hadn't just gotten troops from the villages, it had been about a week or two.

Are you playing native? Because honor is never touched in the game's native recruitment scripts.

im not soo sure i am still recruiting troops but the number has reduced drastically, i have a town with 37 rep and usually get AT LEAST 21 troops. now with -12 honor i am only getting like maybe 6 at best, maybe there is something to it.

Tizz said:
im not soo sure i am still recruiting troops but the number has reduced drastically, i have a town with 37 rep and usually get AT LEAST 21 troops. now with -12 honor i am only getting like maybe 6 at best, maybe there is something to it.

Unless there's some kind of MB spirit haunting the game files and creating an effect that isn't represented in the code, then no, there isn't. However, giving something other than anecdotal evidence related to a random number generator may change my mind.

A real effect can be found in arguments:

Code:
	 (try_begin),
		(eq, ":argument", argument_claim),					
		(store_sub, ":argument_strength", ":right_to_rule", 30),				
	 (else_try),
		(eq, ":argument", argument_ruler),		
		(store_sub, ":argument_strength", "$player_honor", 20),
	 (else_try),
		(eq, ":argument", argument_lords),		
	 (else_try),

and for certain interactions between the player's kingdom and a NPC kingdom.

Code:
	(try_begin),
		(eq, ":target_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
		(assign, ":modified_honor_and_relation", "$player_honor"), #this can be affected by the emissary's skill

(val_add, ":target_strength", 2), #for player party
	(else_try),
		(assign, ":modified_honor_and_relation", 0), #this can be affected by the emissary's skill
	(try_end),

Above only stores the info, but it is used repeatedly in that script.

In both convincing lords and diplomacy, having high honor is good while low honor is bad. The Calradian nobility seem to hold chivalric ideals and of course, a promise that is kept is a promise with value.

Asylumer said:
Tizz said:

Unless there's some kind of MB spirit haunting the game files and creating an effect that isn't represented in the code, then no, there isn't. However, giving something other than anecdotal evidence related to a random number generator may change my mind.

A real effect can be found in arguments:

Code:
	 (try_begin),
		(eq, ":argument", argument_claim),					
		(store_sub, ":argument_strength", ":right_to_rule", 30),				
	 (else_try),
		(eq, ":argument", argument_ruler),		
	 (else_try),
		(eq, ":argument", argument_lords),		
	 (else_try),

and for certain interactions between the player's kingdom and a NPC kingdom.

Code:
	(try_begin),
		(eq, ":target_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
		(assign, ":modified_honor_and_relation", "$player_honor"), #this can be affected by the emissary's skill

(val_add, ":target_strength", 2), #for player party
	(else_try),
		(assign, ":modified_honor_and_relation", 0), #this can be affected by the emissary's skill
	(try_end),

Above only stores the info, but it is used repeatedly in that script.

In both convincing lords and diplomacy, having high honor is good while low honor is bad. The Calradian nobility seem to hold chivalric ideals and of course, a promise that is kept is a promise with value.

MAYBE there is something to it
obviously not.

You got a LOT of loot and denars from raiding villages being evil. Also caravans.

Raiding caravans doesn't effect your honor. I raid every enemy caravan I see and it's yet to give me any honor hits. Unless you meant evil, but not in regards to game accountability. Which I'm not sure if I'd really agree with, it is enemy supply lines after all, but that's neither here nor there. Maybe if you raided a caravan of a nation you weren't at war with it might give you a hit. Attacking groups of farmers might do the trick, but I've never actually tried it.

yea nah im gonna get my honor back its actually rather hard.
the king gives me dialogue like "About time you showed up, better late than never" and "i heard you fought Lord X and let him go, Guess its not up to me to tell you what to do with your prisoners"  :shock:
what a wanker!!

Asylumer said:
Unless there's some kind of MB spirit haunting the game files and creating an effect that isn't represented in the code

There have been multiple times where I could swear this was happening to me :mrgreen:.  Beware the ghosts of M&B!

Back
Top Bottom