'Need help with brigands' - Quest is broken

Users who are viewing this thread

The quest needs to be fixed.
Currently, I'm only at "kill 4 groups of bandits" as a requirement - usually that's fine, except when it spawns this mission in territory of a kingdom not currently at war, as there are no bandits anywhere.
I had the quest spawn because a hideout was nearby, instead of a "remove hideout" quest. I removed the hideout and got rid of 3/4 bandits.
I then spent the rest of the timer searching nearby (and too far) for bandits. I did kill another mountain bandit squad, but they weren't mission marked because they were outside of the territory.

Either:
A) The bandits should be locked to the area, and there should ALWAYS be a minimum number of bandits available that other NPCs can't kill
or
B) There should be a way for the game to detect that there are no more bandits in the area anymore and assume you've dealt with it and just pay out for what you did kill.

It's really dumb that I spend at least 20 days searching around an area to see if there's bandits for none to spawn, and then I get a negative penalty from the quest giver.

The quest needs to be fixed.
Currently, I'm only at "kill 4 groups of bandits" as a requirement - usually that's fine, except when it spawns this mission in territory of a kingdom not currently at war, as there are no bandits anywhere.
I had the quest spawn because a hideout was nearby, instead of a "remove hideout" quest. I removed the hideout and got rid of 3/4 bandits.
I then spent the rest of the timer searching nearby (and too far) for bandits. I did kill another mountain bandit squad, but they weren't mission marked because they were outside of the territory.

Either:
A) The bandits should be locked to the area, and there should ALWAYS be a minimum number of bandits available that other NPCs can't kill
or
B) There should be a way for the game to detect that there are no more bandits in the area anymore and assume you've dealt with it and just pay out for what you did kill.

It's really dumb that I spend at least 20 days searching around an area to see if there's bandits for none to spawn, and then I get a negative penalty from the quest giver.
Just leave the area and return later. Then you will find plenty of new groups.

Yeah I agree this quest is broken, also you leave and come back and then you have no time to compete the quest. If anything extend the time to complete the quest.

I did... I went two kingdoms over for a trade mission and then came back - still no bandits anywhere. There weren't any wars in the kingdom so no looters spawning.
Up to 3 you can take if there is a hideout near. 4 and above let a companion handle it.
I have gotten quest failed on 3 also. Mainly because the ai takes them before me.
I do think the quest works. But the ai parties takes them before one can see it.

I avoid this quest because my powerful, large army is just too slow to catch these "Flies" ! If you can corner them against a mountain or sea, that's ok, but if not, best just let one of your companions to do the dirty work. 20 Knights move alot faster than an army.

Back
Top Bottom