Need help in various stuff in 1.011 (doing my own mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Could you help me in these matters, please?

1) I have made a party called wandering mercenaries. I would want to be able to hire them just like in taverns.

2) I have made messenger parties among with foragers, scouts, patrols and prisoner trains (which I just revived back from 0.80:cool:. The problem is that, for some reason, when the player attacks the messenger the relations with the faction don't get worse.

3) I have made villages for slavers and dark knights. How could I replace the "trp_village_walker_1/2"s with "trp_slave"s and "trp_dark_hunter/trp_slave_keeper"s? I also would like to know that when you are looting the village and the villagers charge you how I could replace the farmers with the troops that I mentioned earlier.

EDIT:
For that looting thing I found something while searching the scripts but I don't really know what I should do.

# script_refresh_village_defenders
  # Input: arg1 = village_no
  # Output: none
  ("refresh_village_defenders",
    [
      (store_script_param_1, ":village_no"),

(assign, ":ideal_size", 50),
      (try_begin),
        (party_get_num_companions, ":party_size", ":village_no"),
        (lt, ":party_size", ":ideal_size"),
        (party_add_template, ":village_no", "pt_village_defenders"),
      (try_end),
  ]),

How could I change that "pt_village_defenders" for just two villages?

4) Those of you who have played 0.808 will know this: I would like to make the town menus as they were in that version. In other words, you couldn't go into tavern or arena  if you haven't already gone there from the town center. I also would like to remove the merchant menus so that the player would have to go to the town center to buy and sell things.

5) How could I bring back the hiring from the tavern keeper ability?

EDIT:
I got it working by bringing back the old dialog from 0.808, making a slot_town_mercs in module_constants, doing this

("town_1_mercs","sargoth_mercs",pf_disabled, no_menu, pt_none, fac_kingdom_4,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0,0),[(trp_nord_recruit,5,0)]),
  ("town_2_mercs","tihr_mercs",pf_disabled, no_menu, pt_none, fac_kingdom_4,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0,0),[(trp_nord_recruit,5,0)]), etc...

in module_parties and this

#Initialize Town mercs
  (0.0, 0, ti_once, [], [
      (party_set_slot,"p_town_1", slot_town_mercs,        "p_town_1_mercs"),
      (party_set_slot,"p_town_2", slot_town_mercs,        "p_town_2_mercs"),
      etc...
      ]),

in module_triggers

the problem is this:

I haven't done the reinforcements for vaegirs yet so in the hiring screen there are 5 vaegir marksmen for hiring although i wrote in the module_parties "trp_vaegir_recruit,5,0".

I have done the reinforcements for swadians and there are 3 swadian knights, 32 men-at-arms, 30 crossbowmen etc. for hiring.

So, for some reason, the recruits are upgraded and reinforcements are added for hiring. How could I change that?

6) How could I put the troops mercenary horseman and cavalry in tournaments? That I would like to do only because there are already hired blade and mercenary swordsman troops.

7) I would like to add a tweak that makes the player lose all it's stuff and money to the capturer. If it's possible just to bandits. If the player was captured by faction, he would lose at most his weapons and money.

8 ) I would like to add a tweak that allows the player to sell things only to the certain sellers (armors to armor sellers, weapons to weapon sellers).

9) When I made the slaver and dark knight villages from there started to come village farmer parties which travels to the player's party and then vanish. I would like to make those parties not appear. EDIT: Or then travel to the castle that owns the village.

10) I would like to add some things from The Sword of Damocles. For example, the tweak that when player is knocked down the battle goes on and the text "you have killed (...) troops. Your bravery inspires your troops" but I'm not sure am I allowed to use them.

EDIT: 11) Some permanent death script would be nice.

If you answer some of the questions put the question number in front of the answer, please.

Sorry if I made spelling mistakes, used unfitting words or the structures of my sentences are confusing. I am not English.

For question 3. you might want to look at this tutorial by Nord Champion.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128647.0.html

I think he explains how to create new village/town walkers.
Hope this helps  :smile:

Thanks for your help but unfortunately that tutorial is for Warband and in module_scripts of 1.011 there's no these kind of lines:

fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_town_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_village_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_village_walker_2"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),  

just this and I don't really understand it:

# script_center_set_walker_to_type
  # Input: arg1 = center_no, arg2 = walker_no, arg3 = walker_type,
  # Output: none
  ("center_set_walker_to_type",
  [
      (store_script_param, ":center_no", 1),
      (store_script_param, ":walker_no", 2),
      (store_script_param, ":walker_type", 3),
      (store_add, ":type_slot", slot_center_walker_0_type, ":walker_no"),
      (party_set_slot, ":center_no", ":type_slot", ":walker_type"),
      (try_begin),
        (party_slot_eq, ":center_no", slot_party_type, spt_village),
        (store_random_in_range, ":walker_troop_id", village_walkers_begin, village_walkers_end),
      (else_try),
        (store_random_in_range, ":walker_troop_id", town_walkers_begin, town_walkers_end),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
        (eq,":walker_type",walkert_spy),
        (assign,":eek:riginal_walker",":walker_troop_id"),
        (val_add,":walker_troop_id",4), # select spy troop id

Thanks anyway!

Back
Top Bottom