Necromancers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Konradude

Were there Necromancer's in real medieval times??????????? I think not...so why is there a Necromancer lair?

There is actually a Khergit Kingdom, Necromancers, Undead, Undead Archers and so on in the config files, but not implemented.

I hope this doesn't happen. I'd like to stay with the semi-real storyline.
Of course there have to be rumours of dragons and fairys and such, as there were in the middle ages, but not in the actual game.

Well if it's optional why not? But I'd rather see the mideaval route myself.

Not that it would destroy the game for me. I already think this is tons more fun than Morrowind(which I found boring but good looking). In fact I could see myself playing this game for an awful long time, something which isn't common.

This could be the best RPG since Darklands imho.

BM

Konradude said:
Were there Necromancer's in real medieval times??????????? I think not...so why is there a Necromancer lair?

It is seriously getting annoying. This game is not a simulation of the medieval times! It has similar themes, like armour, but nowhere does it say that the game is set in medieval times!

Kiwisdofly said:
Konradude said:

It is seriously getting annoying. This game is not a simulation of the medieval times! It has similar themes, like armour, but nowhere does it say that the game is set in medieval times!

Why? It obviously draws most of the ideas from that era. Unless you know any other? This imho is also why it has become so popular so fast. It's a new Darklands.

BM

I LOVED DARKLANDS!!!!! That game utterly rocked....wish I could find a copy of it somewhere.

Penult said:
I LOVED DARKLANDS!!!!! That game utterly rocked....wish I could find a copy of it somewhere.

Try Ebay or some of a place like underdogs(unless you really want the package for the superb manual).

BM

?????????????????????????WHAT IS WITH THE KWESTION MARKS???????????????

The devs can do whatever they feel like doing.

if you go into the world map and press ctrl T with the cheatmode on, youll see lots of hidden towns on the map, like a mountain bandit fort, the necromancer lair, a few new citys, spawn points for certain units, etc. you can even go into them, but all you can do is leave.

Hey, hey, hey. I'm glad to see that the fanbase isn't influencing this game into a LARP simulation!

Orange said:
?????????????????????????WHAT IS WITH THE KWESTION MARKS???????????????

The devs can do whatever they feel like doing.

Did I say anywhere in my post the Devs could not do what they want????

Mu question marks, where an expression to my surprise at the Necromancer thing, since i didnt know there was a cheat mode and i had no chance of seeing what corksacker69 describes in his post.

whoa whoa whoa! All websites complienting this game are saying it is a medieval game that is totally realistic! Kinda makes the game sound like its not sure where to go if it brings in that.

Then bring them back I say! Along with spells and little magic bottles that when drunk, restore your health. I think we should call them "Healing bottles that when drunk restore your health". There definately needs to be a Dragon in there somewhere too.

Yup.

I think sticking to the some-what-realistic-but-not-quite idea is the way to go. I mean, you can always make some kind of Fantasy spin-off later if this turns out to be the hit it looks like it's going to be. Though Bethesda Softworks will probably have all of that covered with Oblivion.

DarkUnderlord said:
Then bring them back I say! Along with spells and little magic bottles that when drunk, restore your health. I think we should call them "Healing bottles that when drunk restore your health". There definately needs to be a Dragon in there somewhere too.
Look, maybe you shouldn't play video games. I'm sure you want to be here ground zero with all your great suggestions for the very first historical snorepg. Though come on man, I don't understand how everyone got so anti-fantasy. Well, I do think that you're all LARPers, though that's just a guess.

DarkUnderlord said:
Yup.

I think sticking to the some-what-realistic-but-not-quite idea is the way to go. I mean, you can always make some kind of Fantasy spin-off later if this turns out to be the hit it looks like it's going to be. Though Bethesda Softworks will probably have all of that covered with Oblivion.
OOOO such disdain!

Yeah! Healing potions! That's something new! :wink:

And hey, how about orcs, coz orcs are kool! And we can't have a game without elves, I want to play elven warlord. And those podgy dwarfs, can't live without 'em! And and and, there's this funny little race, ha ha, they're like small humans. We could call them bobbits.

And a huge flaming guy with sword and whip!

I want to cast magic missiles! Plz impl3ment magic missulz! (Add a dozen exclamation marks here.)

Phew. That felt good.

Yes, the game is not a one-to-one copy of the medieval times. And yes, Calradia is a fantasy realm. But it still does not have to repeat every single cliché that can be found in other games. You want orcs? Go play Warcraft! If you want to relive LotR, there are plenty of games that look like the movie. IMO, popular fantasy does not have to taint every single game. This game has potential to be something different and refreshing.

Whitmire said:
This game has potential to be something different and refreshing.
Jesus Christ.

You're all insane.

Let me extrapolate. The game is different. It's a game based in an actual medieval world that very well could fit in the fantasy eliminates romanticized literature. (Dragons, Witches, Wizardry that doesn't consist of fireball spells) Though you all have been so wounded by the abundance of fantasy in our current RPGs that you all spaz out and tap dance on your keyboards a million reasons you think this should be an honest historical representation full of boarder skirmishes, kings who send you to the front line to die, and land disputes settled with an arranged marriage.

That's why you're all insane.

Though you all have been so wounded by the abundance of fantasy in our current RPGs that you all spaz out and tap dance on your keyboards a million reasons you think this should be an honest historical representation full of boarder skirmishes, kings who send you to the front line to die, and land disputes settled with an arranged marriage.

I salute you. You just proved that you understand my (our?) view. I'm up to this *point* full of fantasy from RPGs past and present. That's why I want to serve kings who send me to the front line to die for land disputes settled with an arranged marriage. I've never done that before, but I have saved the world from evil mages and diabolical demi-gods a million and one times.

Back
Top Bottom