[NC2019] Group Stage Week 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tardet said:
I understand your anger and why you feel you are not treated fairly but from a neutral perspective, that's the best decision we can take.
UK made that mistake aswell, yet they are the one to benefit from it. Your decision is poor the only reason I can see behind it there are people in the admin team that would rather play vs UK than Poland in the future :fruity: won't happen tho

Everytime playing vs NA in at least one or two sets I get like 110 ping, unplayable with these servers, can Spain get a rematch on all of our matches?

The admin decision is nothing to do with input from the UK team. The fact there was lag on the server in the 2nd set was unfortunate for both teams, not just one. Neither team spotted the mistake of using the wrong factions, so I don't think it's fair for either one to be singled out as responsible. We'll replay the 2nd map since the admins are enforcing that, but nobody from our side argued for that with the admins (to my knowledge).

Gibby Jr said:
The admin decision is nothing to do with input from the UK team. The fact there was lag on the server in the 2nd set was unfortunate for both teams, not just one. Neither team spotted the mistake of using the wrong factions, so I don't think it's fair for either one to be singled out as responsible. We'll replay the 2nd map since the admins are enforcing that, but nobody from our side argued for that with the admins (to my knowledge).

Yeah, had no idea it was on the table.

Why was there no referee at our match ? (RusvsPol2)
I mean, 8 admins there were only two matches on Sunday. Wtf ?
The problem would be solved faster with lags on the servers. We waited 30 minutes...

Flavberg said:
mfw these people complain about some lag but all we've been doing is play 3 argentina teams on 160 ping

sFOwUCN.jpg

:roll:

Kazupa said:
Why was there no referee at our match ? (RusvsPol2)
I mean, 8 admins there were only two matches on Sunday. Wtf ?
The problem would be solved faster with lags on the servers. We waited 30 minutes...

Because as far as I know, there has not been a single competition of this scale on warband where every match had its own referees. So far and - especially after the week 1 incident between Turkey and France - we tried to accommodate as many captains/matches as we could by going out of our way to get as many matches supervised by a referee as possible.

8da8b5758c1f88cc63380c4d8bcfa06a.png
81c9931eb96e3c8edd9f2cc8cad12d25.png

Though as you may understand it, with the incidents we faced on Sunday (BST->GMT creating a lot of confusion, no servers visible on the list, servers being extremly laggy afterwards, other crashing mid-way) a lot of matches had to be delayed, meaning we had a lot of matches which ended-up starting around the same time. On Sunday night we didn't have two matches, but seven which were supposed to happen between 19:00 and 21:00 GMT.

There are height admins but realistically speaking, only three of us are capable of refereeing matches at the moment and that's Watly, Cow and myself (and we are all leading an NC team aswell btw so we also have our own matches to take care of). Other admins either don't have the availabilities or interest in doing that and that's fine because we don't all have the same responsibilities within the admin team. We made an announcement mentioning we needed more referees, so far we didn't get a single person offering to help with that, which means the only ref we have, outside of the admin team, is Alyss. I know we might be getting more referees in a close future though I find it rather unreasonable to complain about a lack of referee this week considering the circumstances, which should I remind you, were completely out of our hands.

Why didn't do it right away? I mean, gather referee at the very beginning of the tournament? Why do it now, when it is almost drawing to a close. It is very strange.  :neutral:

Kazupa said:
Why didn't do it right away? I mean, gather referee at the very beginning of the tournament? Why do it now, when it is almost drawing to a close. It is very strange.  :neutral:

Because the referee job is something that not a lot of people are willing to do. I wasn't part of the admin team when the tournament started so I can say for sure what was done in that regards but we made the announcement that we needed more referee at the beginning of week 2, almost twenty days ago. We also have been looking for referees on our own, without much more success.

I will repeat it, the standards for most tournaments is not to have one referee per match, far from it actually. It's a comfort measure that we tried to apply for this NC, successfully during week 2 and 3, and it only became problematic last week due to the server issues.

With that being said since you seem to acknowledge that the lack of referee is indeed problematic Kazupa, should we count on your sign-up for this week and the rest of the tournament?

Tardet said:
Kazupa said:

Because the referee job is something that not a lot of people are willing to do. I wasn't part of the admin team when the tournament started so I can say for sure what was done in that regards but we made the announcement that we needed more referee at the beginning of week 2, almost twenty days ago. We also have been looking for referees on our own, without much more success.

I will repeat it, the standards for most tournaments is not to have one referee per match, far from it actually. It's a comfort measure that we tried to apply for this NC, successfully during week 2 and 3, and it only became problematic last week due to the server issues.

With that being said since you seem to acknowledge that the lack of referee is indeed problematic Kazupa, should we count on your sign-up for this week and the rest of the tournament?
Thanks but no, my english is still not perfect  :roll: (But I would really like to...)

Tardet said:
Russia & Ukraine  9 - 8  Poland 2

Logs checked, match confirmed.

- RUS_ReD_WaR is listed with the ID 2639647 but played that match with the ID 3149401.
- Player RUS_Max played with ID 4056480 and is yet to be listed.
-Volshen played with the tag UA, instead of RUS.

Alyss said:
ARG 10-5 GER2

Watly said:
Belgium & Netherlands 8 - 6  North America

- Player BeNe_Zulu played with ID 2859476 and is yet to be listed.
- Player BeNe_ismar played with ID 1378718 and is yet to be listed.

Tardet said:
Turkey 2  11 - 5  China

Tardet said:
France 9 - 5 Spain

- ESP_Charlini is listed with the ID 680786 but played that match with the ID 3998932.
- Player FRA_Torrhen has an ID of 1838050 has yet to be listed on the official roster page.

Flavberg said:
mfw these people complain about some lag but all we've been doing is play 3 argentina teams on 160 ping
I dont know about other matches but our server literally froze for 2 seconds every 30ish seconds making everyone (on players screen) walk into some random direction holding hits. Nothing related to ping at all.

Turkey 10 - 4 Germany

C7477B204271A2B6F9F7E28F67B5D9A38BB3B87C
9F1708F2CBBA0CA836FCC5C3E42B8CAF83D32027
5D64F08B6F55E8BA7AEC7D209C6C55845B7727A4
AC3B4D1730DC3E82F4C0E7E970949B971B271D28

GG to both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom