[NC2016] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

This reminds me of this exact scene

images
let commander play!

Bauglir said:
_Osiris_ said:
I don't think they will punish all NA so chill :grin: They didn't punish all Kurwa in the wnl 5 when they played Arni and didn't give rematches or change the results after so why would they do it for blue javs  :lol: (but they did in ecs so flip a coin ^^)

According to admins KURWA vs Legend match in ECS was replayed because Legend used a player who wasn't allowed to play, not because of Sota's pink javelins. So I guess this whole replay stuff is not needed. But this makes me wonder, why isn't Turkey vs Austria & Switzerland replayed then? Disturbed wasn't allowed to play for Austria & Switzerland

Also we shouldnt forget this; admins did force KURWA to play on whatever day Legend wants, eventually we could not find players for that match because of this.

I think this is kind of funny that Austria is calling the NA team cheaters when one player (Arys) used a modded texture. However, Austria on the other hand played with a player in a match that was not allowed to be there. That is something the whole team would know, to me that is a much worse offense than someone using blue javs. In that circumstance the whole team is technically cheating because all it takes is for one player to say "hey maybe we shouldn't play this guy since he isn't even from our country".

Guaccmoleboy said:
I agree with Trebron here over the unfair ping advantage. In fact, I believe in all the home away matches I've seen or have been in (which really isn't all that much to be fair) is that NA has always had the ping advantage, with a few choice players getting 80-90 ping. This is evident in both the Austria and Finland match screens, where some  NA had around 80 ping and I believe Finland's lowest was 120, and Austria's was around there too. To be honest, the only home-away system where countries would have a equal or more advantage in ping would be team UK and France against NA, where most get around 100 ping (except gibby who gets 70). 
actually that isnt true, in our last 3v3 peter got 120 ping though im unsure whether it was his connection or the actual server locations

The major problem attributing to pings is the server locations in New York currently. To give you some background, I believe that I'm the most east coast player in NA (PEI, CA) and that my normal ping on New York servers is around 20. However, since the servers are now hosted in Buffalo, I get around 50 ping instead. Of course, there are some connection/routing issues present since 50 ping is a tad ridiculous but I should get much lower. Moving the NY servers to a more easterly location would probably be the best solution for this and lower most player's pings by around 10.

Of course the other solution would be to abolish the home away system altogether and just play on a UK server, yet the ****storm for that would be huge ;D
This is only really the case this year, and maybe last year (not sure, didn't play). Team USA used to always get pretty good ping (so many east coast players), but Canada usually pulled the short straw.

My post got buried, but:
Juvenile said:
This isn't nearly the first time that pings have been very uneven between NA and EU teams for NC matches.

Going way back, but in NC2012, Canada had a match against France on servers decided by admins. We got absolutely dumpstered 16-4, and even though I knew Canada didn't have a very strong team (aside from maybe 2013), something about the match bothered me, so I later calculated the average players' pings and made an appeal to the admins for better server balance between teams.

I can't find the screenshots themselves anymore, but I still have the stats recorded in a Word document:

Canada EU server: 138.25
Canada NA server: 58.44

France NA server: 117.31
France EU server: 41.25

France had a pretty clear advantage, and with Canada's low population and massive geographical size, we had pings on EU servers ranging from 77 to 190+. After my appeal to the admins (I think it was actually just Alexander that year) they were more careful in choosing servers our next matches and our next two matches were much closer. My point here is that even if we had replayed the match on a more favourable server, I doubt the result would have changed by much. I mean, we got totally bodied even on our own server, and later in the same tournament Ukraine also smashed us 15-5 with almost exactly balanced servers.

This is also part of what is just a flawed but necessary system for NA/EU matches. For the NA/AU match, we just happened to have mostly east coast players around for that match; if we had mostly central/west coast players around, it would have been a different story. Not to mention the 60-120 ping for west coast players on our own east coast servers.

TL;DR
Replaying the match due to ping imbalance alone is stupid, especially if the servers were decided upon by both the teams and admins involved.

I won't touch the whole graphic modifications thing, though. Clearly against the rules, and I'm sure the admins have put a lot of thought into whatever they end up deciding.

And again, as quite a few people have already mentioned, these complaints and discussions about the ping imbalance between NA and Austria/Switzerland are basically meaningless because, from what I understand, the admins and both teams involved were all in agreement about the server choices. It's not like anyone from NA tricked the admins or the other team into using the NL server.

Bad judgment? Yeah, better servers could have been chosen to balance out the pings. Worth a rematch? No.

Scar said:
Yes, but Sota made unallowed texture changes. Turkey didn't.

In other thread you just said the rematch only took place because Legend had a player who wasn't allowed to play. Is there something I can't understand?

Why isn't Finland asking for rematch. Only Austria cares for rematch maybe because salty or something else. If we to rematch Austria and Finland plus our upcoming match vs Turk the tournament would have to be delayed because some guy used a colored jav seems something even a real esports wouldn't do. Just give out the punishment and let it be that, no need to upset 20 players.

Suggestion:

Tell us what's going to happen before we actually have to play the deciding match of our group stage.

Sjaeles said:
Suggestion:

Tell us what's going to happen before we actually have to play the deciding match of our group stage.

If the admins fail to give the verdict in time, I think you should play as if nothing happened. Arys too since he's not banned, not yet at least.

Note that I'm not part of the tournament admin team, even if they happen to have the moderator flag like me.

It's nice to see if your captain is banned or not before a very important match

Then they end up telling us we were playing with a banned player, and we forfeit that match because of it. This entire situation is a joke, we could have at least been told by now that he's banned for at least the Turkey match. But there hasn't been any information at all.

Sjaeles said:
Then they end up telling us we were playing with a banned player, and we forfeit that match because of it. This entire situation is a joke, we could have at least been told by now that he's banned for at least the Turkey match. But there hasn't been any information at all.

If someone is too busy to make a decision that requires about 7 seconds of thought then they probably shouldn't volunteer to admin a tournament and let someone who can make decisions do it.

The decision has been made. I'm not an admin nor do I have any moderator status to post if I wanted to.

Just letting you know all we're waiting for is for one of them to post the result of the vote.

Back
Top Bottom