[NC2016] Nations Cup 2016 - Announcement and Sign Ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Dawnut said:
Id like a battle of brains and intelects Azan vs M vs Fietta who is the smartest
hype

Well we'd know who'd win this one... Hee... Hee...

OurGloriousLeader said:
Fietta has inverse brain.

Inverse is the one and true warband religion.

Prince Apollo said:
Fietta for captain of Welsh NC team

1387131466-welsh-patriots-remember-assassination-of-last-true-prince-of-wales_3505752.jpg

If there was enough Welshies, hands down I'd do it!

Bauglir said:
Looks like an attempt to avoid Azans mod. Nice of you to jump on board so quickly Lust.
I think deacon approached me about this before the azan's thread was even posted. In any case, it was certainly before I had read azan's thread and it goes without saying that azan's mod bears no relevance to the decision.

Deacon requested that I act as lead admin, so there would be someone in an impartial position and I insisted that all the other existing admins agree before it went any further.

I think even AZAN would consider it too soon (especially considering the time of year) for sufficient testing to be done and agreements to be made on the mod anyway. That is if people even decide to go for it.

Thanks for all the support! Looking forward to another sick NC - last year produced insanely good matches.

Captain Lust said:
Deacon requested that I act as lead aedmin, so there would be someone in an impartial position and I insisted that all the other existing aedmins agree before it went any further.
Fixed. When saying you insisted all other existing aedmins agree, you mean excluding Blacktide?

Captain Lust said:
Deacon requested that I act as lead admin, so there would be someone in an impartial position and I insisted that all the other existing admins agree before it went any further.
This kinda implies that Deacon came up with the admin list. Why don't we call this "Nations Cup 2015 organised by Deacon and Co." and perhaps have the previous admin team, which everyone agrees was so successful, try to replicate their success?

At least then this admin team you have right here can save face by not having to look like they are substituting the last admin team and damning them with faint praise. If you're going to complement them, them having to come around and say they were sidelined does not give a good look, nor does it seem to be in the favour of the community as a whole.

I know BlackTide talked to me about my interest in helping with 2016 NC - I didn't give him any answer (frankly, don't have a lot of interest OR time) but I know he was very excited to be an admin again and help out. 

NA was finally treated fairly in NC last year, and a lot of that had to do with the effort Blacktide put in to make it so. Although I don't particularly like Blacktits at a personal level, I can still vouch for him as an ideal admin for NC.

If BlackTide is interested in getting involved with the running of this year's NC, then he should contact me. Most of my interactions with him this year have been pretty negative, to be honest but I'm happy to speak to him, if he wants to! :smile:

Having Blacktide in the admin team and having him and his team run the tournament seem like very different things. In any case, it seems to me like the problem exists because you didn't talk to him. He says he approached the current admin team or at least a member of it and was told they could talk the next day, only to find that a thread was started without him.

Whether you like him or not, that is a very distasteful action against someone who worked for the benefit of this community and did a good job by pretty much everyone's account. "Don't fix what's not broken" is one thing, "don't disrespect the people who did a good job just because you want to take over" is another.

If the admin team were chosen with a vote of confidence, my vote would be "no". People who work for the community and manage to be successful deserve to be treated better. I don't think acting like there was no wrongdoing is the best course of action, the previous admin team deserved consideration and now deserve at least an apology for the way they were treated.

Why couldn't the admin team be sorted out by previous admins. It seems like other admins didn't have an opinion on who should be admin. It looked like (not sure) Deacon just asked random good admins instead of having any sort of discussion. I don't believe anyone came to BlackTide, I honestly can see that it wasn't right to do so, he deserves it. I do believe that BlackTide should become one of the main admins hands down. This admin team looks like it was thrown together at last minute (not saying any of the admins are bad, because they're not), maybe we should have a democracy.... Hee... Hee... The public should decide of which admins are best, not pre-existing admins themselves. There's so much drama, just give the damn boy something he deserves. But then again, what do I know? Kappa.

Lord Brutus said:
Aren't blinders that large painful when you put them on?
Yeah, having the guy who formulated the rules more or less every other tournament has been based on as an admin can only lead to disaster. That's just disgraceful.
Goker said:
People who work for the community and manage to be successful deserve to be treated better. I don't think acting like there was no wrongdoing is the best course of action, the previous admin team deserved consideration and now deserve at least an apology for the way they were treated.
But the current admin-team only consists of such people too.
Blacktide disqualified himself by introducing the horrible first rule (at least the weird capitalization is gone now). :lol:
valent69 said:
NA was finally treated fairly in NC last year, and a lot of that had to do with the effort Blacktide put in to make it so. Although I don't particularly like Blacktits at a personal level, I can still vouch for him as an ideal admin for NC.
I'd be genuinely interested how NA was treated better in last year's NC since it certainly wasn't the ruleset which was more or less the same it was the years before - whatever BT did should be done this year again.

Back
Top Bottom