[NC2016] Nations Cup 2016 - Announcement and Sign Ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Watly said:
Bauglir said:
Even if LeRoux made BeNeLux team, Brian and Thorr wouldnt be allowed to play in it due to the rules of the tournament.

Brian and Thorr are special in the sense that they are french people who live in Luxembourg. It's like Can and Sikici playing for team Turkey.

Rules say: Players who have participated before must play for the same nation as previously.

It's good idea Marek, but I think BeNe and Scandinavia should play together. BeNe for example have played together for 5 years, so I don't think so it's good idea to ban this team from NC 2016. All teams want to play, not only lose against better opponents, but on the other hand community wish high level tournament. Divisions would be good if a lot of teams sign up. Something like:

Poland
BeNe
Turkey
UK
Germany
Scandinavia
NA
France

Russia
Czech Republic
Ireland
Yugoslavia
Spain
Finland
Austria & Switzerland
Italy

Now we have a lof of sick matches and weaker opponents have chance to normal game too. I think it's best idea to have long, good tournament.

Sir Marek said:
In my opinion this system brings more entertaining matches, encourages more teams to sign up and more players might get involded into the competitive scene.
The only thing your system does well is pushing 2 teams that not really deserve it into quarter-finals. Then we get two extra hyped "amazing", "exciting" 12:0 matches after the group stage. Prize for winning group B is most likely getting rekt by group A team.
If there's some underrated team that wants to prove something they can still do it in the old system, ofc they'll need to play well against proper opponents.
Let's be honest - with PW mod and NW players you're not getting far no matter the system. Your idea penalizes two good teams from div A and probably even more Div B teams - from your example of group B - Finland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Italy and Belgium which would have a chance of qualifying in current system if they play good. Now only 2 of them can go to quarters.
Lack of will to play and players is not a thing you can solve with handicap.

Supporting Mareks idea aswell, as it stands I would have no interest in captaining a Norwegian team considering I only know of 2 active countrymen, in the past we`ve somehow managed to find enough for a team but the kids we find are usually obnoxious and not fun to play with... if you then add being brutally crushed by the majority of the teams because we lack players with competitive experience, it just becomes a waste of time. If we`re put in a group where we actually stand a chance of winning a couple of matches people might actually want to show up and we wouldnt have to spam them on steam before every single match and training.

I would agree with Trebron though, I dont think the top 2 teams should be moved up, they wouldnt really stand a chance. We shouldnt be awarded for it, I`d prefer it to basically be a seperate tournament. Like the little kids table at christmas...

Greedalicious said:
Supporting Mareks idea aswell, as it stands I would have no interest in captaining a Norwegian team considering I only know of 2 active countrymen, in the past we`ve somehow managed to find enough for a team but the kids we find are usually obnoxious and not fun to play with... if you then add being brutally crushed by the majority of the teams because we lack players with competitive experience, it just becomes a waste of time. If we`re put in a group where we actually stand a chance of winning a couple of matches people might actually want to show up and we wouldnt have to spam them on steam before every single match and training.

I would agree with Trebron though, I dont think the top 2 teams should be moved up, they wouldnt really stand a chance. We shouldnt be awarded for it, I`d prefer it to basically be a seperate tournament. Like the little kids table at christmas...

Its not a completly bad idea but i dont like the part of breaking the tournament in two for the weaker teams, people would only have interest in the league where the big boys play, and it would eliminate the chance of some underdog team beating a favorite, also some of the ``weaker´´ teams may consider themselves good enough to play against the big countries.

Well i actually see no point in splitting up BeNe..The Netherlands probably could form a team but there are i think 4 Belgium players in team BeNe and I doubt they could find enough other belgium players to form a good team. So its actually like excluding the Belgium players to take part in the NC. Splitting BeNe ends in a weakend Netherlands team and probably no Belgium team. And even if they fill up their teams with players from NW or other mods it'd probably end in a team disbanding before the Groupstage finished. Since BeNe has always taken part as BeNe as far as I know and this will maybe(!) be the last NC in Warband, I'd rather have some nice matches vs some good Nations or Alliances than many weakened teams. (Just my opinion :grin:)

I think the idea is interesting. When Bradley started organizing the Ireland team I don't believe anyone who joined the team thought we were going to do well. The idea was to have fun and to bring a new team to the NC (that's how I see it anyway).

Having said that, we would probably get beaten by every other team, which may cause players to lose motivation and the team to be disbanded half way through, which is not only a pity but also annoying for other teams still in the tournament.

If we did split teams into two, I don't think 2 teams from the second group should qualify. They will have probably fought hard and competitive matches against similarly skilled opponents and finishing in the top 3 there would still be an achievement. DarkLight raised the point that maybe some teams would want the chance to play bigger teams. That's fair enough, maybe teams  could decide whether or not they wanted to join the second group.

This is all hypothetical of course, not sure if it would be implemented this NC if it was even accepted. Still nice idea Marek!

Greedalicious said:
I dont think the top 2 teams should be moved up, they wouldnt really stand a chance. We shouldnt be awarded for it, I`d prefer it to basically be a seperate tournament. Like the little kids table at christmas...
Then maybe do 2nd tier NC for teams that drop after group stage in original NC.  Sth like that other tourney which took place during ECS2 so eliminated teams still had some tournament to play.
This idea wouldnt break entire NC thing into 2 parts like Marek's system does.

Trebron said:
Greedalicious said:
I dont think the top 2 teams should be moved up, they wouldnt really stand a chance. We shouldnt be awarded for it, I`d prefer it to basically be a seperate tournament. Like the little kids table at christmas...
Then maybe do 2nd tier NC for teams that drop after group stage in original NC.  Sth like that other tourney which took place during ECS2 so eliminated teams still had some tournament to play.

That is a great idea.

I don't really buy into the whole "cant split teams they would be weak argument". This is about playing for your nation. We don't have merged teams for sports because say American somoa or Moldavia suck at football. If a nation can get 10-12 people they should stand alone imo.

You can say nations cup should be about quality and not just nations but then why wouldn't we allow say Germany 2 or Turkey 2 who have an abundance of high and good quality players who don't get to play.

(as for bene I guess NL could get 10-12 but could Belgium, if not I don't see the problem, Same with scandies. if Norway and Denmark cant get enough each but Sweden can then DeNO? :razz:"

To me alliances should be a last resort for a country that couldn't compete otherwise not a way to increase skill levels.

Trebron said:
Greedalicious said:

That is whole month just for group stage (for 5 teams in one group), you think weak teams won't drop out until then?

Yugoslav Team has 20 registered players so far, only 12 of them did show up at least one on of four previous meetings, of these 12 only 7 are coming from Native.
If we will have to face Teams A in first two NC weeks (possible 0-12 defeats), I cannot guarantee that Yugoslav Team won't have to drop out after it because of lack of motivation from people, it is our reality.

_Osiris_ said:
I don't really buy into the whole "cant split teams they would be weak argument". This is about playing for your nation...
To me alliances should be a last resort for a country that couldn't compete otherwise not a way to increase skill levels.

I disagree, I see the reasoning but for me the skill level of NC is already relatively low, there's only a few top teams competing. BeNe are one of them in potential. NL and Belgium as separate teams just aren't; we diminish the quality of teams by forcing it. Dunno about others but I'm just not too fussed about the purity of nation teams.

Perhaps instead of 4 small groups we could have 2 large ones but still seeded? This would mean teams will inevitably play against more mid/low tier sides. Currently the problem is weak sides get placed against high seeds in small groups, with this they still would but there would be more weak sides as well. Its that or Trebron's idea because in the end whilst Marek's plan is appealing its essentially anti-competitive and punishes strong teams.

Due to the positive feedback of admins, I want to pitch in my 2 cents:

I think Marek is spot on. Hope it goes through.
The way I see it, the discussions so far are between a WNL division system or a FIFA UEFA system which all NC's have been so far.
Hopefully the admins can think of a Warband system which builds fairness (aka stronger teams deserve winning, but less stronger got a fighting chance) for all nations and a big hype build that people want to watch (and perhaps stream).

To add a small suggestion which could work or not: Instead of having 8 nations in quarter-final, why not a possible 9th if a team plays really well but doesn't win.
This would require warband analysis and give shots to nations that don't do well on paper.
Thinking outside the box...

As for Belgium team:
Le Roux said:
Belgium roster 2016:
[list type=decimal]
[*]LeRoux
[*]Kellerman
[*]Doener
[*]Cobra
[/list]

Possibly players to be added:
5. Caius: if he has the time
6. Kani: if we will have to talk english due to dialects and different languages.

I hope admins make a good call on the alliance too!

Your not thinking outside the box. You are saying sub-optimal ways of running tournaments. You don't base tournament format around the weakest teams getting play time. Make concessions to it if you can sure, but making drastic changes and damaging the chances of the worst of the best teams is totally anti-competitive and unfair.

Back
Top Bottom