[NC2015] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Arthasan said:
Btw, I can't imagine playing without my modified crosshair :roll: Didn't even know there are players with the standard one, it's so awful :grin:

Arthasan said:
That's why you're so bad in Full Invasion, OGL.

Do you mean that having modified (better) crosshair makes your aiming better?

Practically yes, because I feel a lot more comfortable with it. So this crosshair is indirectly making my aiming better :razz:

What he means, is that his edited crosshair is more comfortable to him in particular. I for one feel really comfortable with the standard crosshair. It's merely a matter of taste and gives no hard benefit whatsoever.

I have a suggestion. How about lifting Grifon's ban for the first two matches OR allowing him spectate the team?

Team Russia was fine with everything, since spectating a team was allowed until recently when I've had a talk with Blacktide to make sure we're not breaking any rules when he said that spectating a team is not forbidden by the rules: http://i.imgur.com/cvreGmi.png

As you can see the conversation happened on 24th of january and now see what was added the day after:
Spectating the match by joining a team after the spawning period is not allowed at any given point. Is a player found spectating by joining a team, documented by footage for example, he will be suspended for one match. 

I see it as a low blow to team Russia. Grifon is our captain and we've been training all this time with him in command. We are completely fine with him being suspended from playing on first two matches, but by leaving him no possible option to command, admins are just crippling our team for no good reason.

Tbh, being newer or older doesn't really matter, it's a rule and that's it. I'm not aware of Russia's situation completely but maybe you should have "chosen" a different person to command your team, instead of someone who you knew he'd be suspended? I'm sure that there are several Russian players who could take the lead in those matches in which Grifon is not allowed to play. It's kinda hypocritical that now the issue is brought up as a problem of the admins, while it actually is a problem that the Russian team should have handled (or should handle) on their own.

Sir Galahad the Pure said:
Tbh, being newer or older doesn't really matter, it's a rule and that's it. I'm not aware of Russia's situation completely but maybe you should have "chosen" a different person to command your team, instead of someone who you knew he'd be suspended? I'm sure that there are several Russian players who could take the lead in those matches in which Grifon is not allowed to play. It's kinda hypocritical that now the issue is brought up if it was a problem of the admins, while it actually is a problem that the Russian team should have dealt (or should deal) with on their own.
You are not aware. Full stop there nextime :wink:

Shemaforash said:
Not really, that and ghosting is the reason why teams refused spectators in the past.
I believe that less then 5% of matches are played without specs due to any reasons.

Zaharist said:
Sir Galahad the Pure said:
Tbh, being newer or older doesn't really matter, it's a rule and that's it. I'm not aware of Russia's situation completely but maybe you should have "chosen" a different person to command your team, instead of someone who you knew he'd be suspended? I'm sure that there are several Russian players who could take the lead in those matches in which Grifon is not allowed to play. It's kinda hypocritical that now the issue is brought up if it was a problem of the admins, while it actually is a problem that the Russian team should have dealt (or should deal) with on their own.
You are not aware. Full stop there nextime :wink:
Nice to see an admin deal with this like that :smile:
I'll repeat myself so maybe this time you keep reading what I wrote. Not being fully aware of the situation does not mean you have the right to discredit what I wrote next.

maybe you should have "chosen" a different person to command your team, instead of someone who you knew he'd be suspended? I'm sure that there are several Russian players who could take the lead in those matches in which Grifon is not allowed to play
Does not  your "situation which I'm not aware of " let other players take command? In case the answer is yes (even though I'd doubt about it), it's still a problem of the Russian team, not of the admins.

Got to say I sympathise with Tork here. Blacktide gave clarification after the first week of fixtures was posted. Changing the rules after that is pretty harsh considering the team had clearly been preparing for the situation which they understood to be the case, based (fairly) on the rules at the time.

If the attitude is "well go to hell since you cheated before anyway," then why bother even letting players from last year compete? They deserve fair treatment within the rules like any other team.

I think a fair compromise could be to allow Grifon to spectate for Week 2 but say that normal rules apply in the third week. That will give them plenty of time to prepare, since they don't actually have a match in the first week anyway.

Definition problem - what does suspended mean? Just not allowed to play, or not allowed to interact with his team at all? And what if the other team forces the Russian spectators to leave? I guess the admins should clarify what punishment they really had in mind when they announced R1ch and Grifon are banned for the first two matches.

The decision is that both R1ch and Grifon will have be banned from play for 2 matches from their respective teams.

Clearly states "banned from play" so I don't think that's relevant. The relevant points for me are BlackTide's mis-clarification and its timing, as well as the timing of the rule change.

EDIT: Also, you'd think a native speaker could have at least nailed the goddam English for the announcement.

Zaharist said:
ryozu said:
More like it's been part of competitive Warband for years, and therefore was taken for granted without being written in the rules.
You must be kidding.
Uh, no. This is the 4th Nations Cup I'm in and I never even realized that you were, according to the rules, allowed to join a team to spectate. I took it for granted that it was forbidden.

ryozu said:
Zaharist said:
ryozu said:
More like it's been part of competitive Warband for years, and therefore was taken for granted without being written in the rules.
You must be kidding.
Uh, no. This is the 4th Nations Cup I'm in and I never even realized that you were, according to the rules, allowed to join a team to spectate. I took it for granted that it was forbidden.
For God's sake, how can you even say that? What's the point in even having rules if you expect participants to subscribe to made-up unwritten rules anyway?

Surely you must see how that's an unfeasible and unfair way to arbitrate anything.

Back
Top Bottom