[NC2012] - Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

A team that leaves before a match is over should be penalised, the reasons for that are:

1) It is bad sportsmanship! In any real life sport a team that leaves ahead of the official finish, gets an automatic loss on the spot, and a reduction of points if in a league. Beside that, the team would face an disciplinary comity.

2) This is total disrespect towards the other team, not allowing them to play all the rounds and maybe get a better score, even if the result is still a loss. For example - My team might be winning 11 - 0, but we would never even think about quiting before the official end of the match. Perhaps a difference in mentality.

3) It sets a very bad example to the younger members of this community, it also sets a very bad moral basis for future organised competitions for Warband and it's sequel.

captain lust said:
Personally, I don't see the big deal.

I am very disappointed to see Lust support this course of action.
You often say in your arguments that you are trying to improve the competitive community, making it better with the introduction of new (IMO destructive) rules. You make no sense. Is this the mentality that should be standard for the M&B:Warband community?!

Gulatr said:
1) It is bad sportsmanship! In any real life sport a team that leaves ahead of the official finish, gets an automatic loss on the spot, and a reduction of points if in a league. Beside that, the team would face an disciplinary comity.
But it is the end of the match. That's the point. The last rounds that are played don't count for anything and the rules don't demand that they are played.

Gulatr said:
2) This is total disrespect towards the other team, not allowing them to play all the rounds and maybe get a better score, even if the result is still a loss. For example - My team might be winning 11 - 0, but we would never even think about quiting before the official end of the match. Perhaps a difference in mentality.
Actually, when a team leaves, the remaining rounds are all given to the other team. I know they aren't really earning that better score but technically it's giving them the best score they could get. Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference.

Gulatr said:
3) It sets a very bad example to the younger members of this community, it also sets a very bad moral basis for future organised competitions for Warband and it's sequel.
:lol:

captain lust said:
Broomstick said:
Well, tbh, I had expected the German team to play all 20 rounds.. And them leaving at the end didn't feel so sporty, especially since I now feel that the last round could still have influenced the match score and that we got that round was a bit unfair. But then again, giving them the round/counting it as a draw because the other team left seems very unfair to me.
Think about what you're saying. Sense makes it no.

Uhh, I am just saying that the last round could have influenced the score to go to 12-8 to Germany, not that it made a huge difference because round difference doesn't make a difference.

I still prefer teams to play all the 20 rounds.

Say if, in the Brazil match, they want to play until the end (not that I'm suggisting UK - Brazil won't be a 20 round thriller) then I think it would be unsporting of us to decline, since this is probably one of the few chances they get to play in competitive matches and it's actually quite interesting having them in the competition. However, in most cases, I couldn't give two ****s either way. It makes no difference and this ridiculous notion of finishing the match like a sportsman ought to be shed. The rules are the rules and they place no value on rounds won, so neither should we.

I find it incredibly rude when a team just quits, if you arrange a match you should be prepared to play the full match length, regardless of the score.

Once you have enough rounds to win you should (if you don't want to continue) ask your opponents if they want to play on, and respect their decision if they say yes.

crazyboy11 said:
I find it incredibly rude when a team just quits, if you arrange a match you should be prepared to play the full match length, regardless of the score.

Once you have enough rounds to win you should (if you don't want to continue) ask your opponents if they want to play on, and respect their decision if they say yes.

+1

That's pretty much it

This argument is actually the most important one, strange that you think laughing at it is the right thing to do.

captain lust said:
...However, in most cases, I couldn't give two ****s either way. It makes no difference and this ridiculous notion of finishing the match like a sportsman ought to be shed. The rules are the rules and they place no value on rounds won, so neither should we.

This says much about your character Lust.

Sportsmenship is not something that is written down in some rulebook, it is the bond of honor that opponents share, which is outside of any ruleset!

You fail to realise that most players play this game because they actually enjoy the game itself, and are not just looking for getting a score and leaving! This is why most players in the community want to play the entire match for 20 rounds, this is why people want to have matches with as many players as possible and not tiny skirmishes of 8 vs 8 for 12 rounds and class restrictions!

Gulatr said:
(...) this is why people want to have matches with as many players as possible and not tiny skirmishes of 8 vs 8 for 12 rounds and class restrictions!

The majority of the people playing in the NC didn't want to have big 20v20 battles though. (I prefer 8v8 by far than 20v20)

Teams which leave before the match is over will not be suffering any extraordinary penalties (besides losing missed rounds). No need to continue the discussion.

Gulatr said:

Sportsmenship is not something that is written down in some rulebook, it is the bond of honor that opponents share, which is outside of any ruleset!

lus,t is dsishonble w0rio,, not fitly to swinng,,, blades of waar in commbats

Alex_C said:
Teams which leave before the match is over will not be suffering any extraordinary penalties (besides losing missed rounds). No need to continue the discussion.

Gulatr said:

lus,t is dsishonble w0rio,, not fitly to swinng,,, blades of waar in commbats

Lust, I just got another box of kittens...when are we gonna burn them? PM me with times ASAP.

Gulatr said:

Well I'll ignore your patronising comment about my character and its overwhelming irony, in order to give a measured response.

I completely support being respectful to your opponents both in and out of matches. I don't think anyone would accuse me of being unsporting, however in this case, I just don't see the issue. Playing pointless rounds isn't an issue of sportsmanship.

I agree with crazyboy that a team just disappearing is kind of rude. If a team is to leave early they should say their GGs first and maybe even write a message but I disagree with the suggestion that teams should be under any obligation to play pointless rounds. Official or otherwise.

That is why round difference should have been taken into account.

On a basis of groups made of 4 teams, you can expect ****loads of teams having the equal number of points, and ****loads of play-offs. This happened 4 times in last football World Cup group stage.

Alex, you really need to clarify the server situation regarding matchs against Brasil.
There's nothing on the rules about it and this might become an issue very soon.

senatauro said:
Hello to all,I and my team come from Brazil,we are a little late,but can we host a server to our rounds(home matchs)?
We can only host the server when asked because our host is a friend of ours and can't host all the time :\
And please,if you can respond as quickly as possible because this weekend we have a match with the Poland

Sorry for my bad English,i use the google translator xD

Maynd said:
Alex, you really need to clarify the server situation regarding matchs against Brasil.
There's nothing on the rules about it and this might become an issue very soon.

senatauro said:
Hello to all,I and my team come from Brazil,we are a little late,but can we host a server to our rounds(home matchs)?
We can only host the server when asked because our host is a friend of ours and can't host all the time :\
And please,if you can respond as quickly as possible because this weekend we have a match with the Poland

Sorry for my bad English,i use the google translator xD
If we do this for North America how can we refuse brazil if the pings aren't evenish. Server sounds dodgy.

The server situation is very difficult to resolve, although the rules state that:

Alex_C said:
Servers outside of the EU may be permitted, for matches involving North America. For these teams, an event admin will be on hand to decide which servers are used, on a case by case basis. A potential match between a North American team and a Turkish or Russian team will likely have to take place on a server in France or at best the United Kingdom. It's doubly important in this case that teams make sure they have checked out the server they plan to use beforehand.

This should really be changed to include all non-European teams, but the premise is that an Event Admin will be required to make a server decision on a case by case basis. Further to this, the decision will most likely be for a server where pings match the closest. Playing Home-Away is unlikely where large distances are involved.

Back
Top Bottom