Naval Battle event on the 9th December, 18GMT (Hosted by Landsknechte)

Would you like to have Naval Battle events on Fridays?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

9547a77fc6c2705ed2604015b2a76aa0.png

Since we Landsknechte have a server now, we would host Naval Battle events (on Fridays) if the community would like to participate in such again, since those haven't been organized since a long time.

The question to the community is: Would you like to have them?

The event would be open to the public.

Okay, we gonna make an event on friday. The time will be 18pm GMT.

It's a good idea but when you want organise something like that for 100 people or more you need to take into considerstion some issues:
1. Naval Battles are possible to play, but they are bugged. There are often people who throw away of the ship at the beggining of the round (they respawn in the water next to the ship) or sometimes in the second round you can see, that you can only choose land Battles units. Generally speaking Bugs like that don't crop up in the first round after reset, but usually happen in the second round, so many resets should be necessary.
2. When you choose the type of a battle you can choose 2 big ships or 4 very small if I remember well. When the team consist of 5 clans or more 2 clans will be on 1 ship. It can be difficult to communicate or command such a ship. What is more, you don't know where you respawn so it can be possible that one clan is on 4 ships.
3. I don't know whether your server is strong enough to perform 100 people naval battle. It can crush.
4. There are only 2 factions with naval units so there's not much variety.

Nevertheless I would like to play it and I hope you will manage to organise it. :wink:

Kubus002 said:
It's a good idea but when you want organise something like that for 100 people or more you need to take into considerstion some issues:
1. Naval Battles are possible to play, but they are bugged. There are often people who throw away of the ship at the beggining of the round (they respawn in the water next to the ship) or sometimes in the second round you can see, that you can only choose land Battles units. Generally speaking Bugs like that don't crop up in the first round after reset, but usually happen in the second round, so many resets should be necessary.

Nevertheless I would like to play it and I hope you will manage to organise it. :wink:

About the bug that people spawn in the water, there is something in work right now to "fix" this problem with a sort of alternative.  :wink:

It might also "fix" the problem that clan members don't spawn on the same ships.

Kubus002 said:
2. When you choose the type of a battle you can choose 2 big ships or 4 very small if I remember well. When the team consist of 5 clans or more 2 clans will be on 1 ship. It can be difficult to communicate or command such a ship. What is more, you don't know where you respawn so it can be possible that one clan is on 4 ships.

Nope.
The Deluge have 5 ships:

Galleon (very big) -
xL8tKiu.jpg
Full Rigged Pinnace (big/medium) -
1470287_799964173393139_428508299137210040_n.jpg
Pinnace (small) -
Qu87YUW.png
Pinnace (small) -
tHDmXUB.jpg
Slup (very small) -
ItQdqiD.jpg

End remember, warband have edid mode, for new maps.

Yes, we do want naval battles! If you wish I will send you all the maps with fixed spawns that were recently made.
Also I would not worry about the server strenght since there's no chance we can play naval battles with 60+ people. I mean there may be enought interested players in community, but remember that the more players are on the server, the more buggy this mode becomes and I presume it will just not be playable with higher numbers 

Btw. have you maybe worked out any tips how to avoid crash of whole game when one wants to enter the admin panel  :?:

ChL clan will participate in this event too. There will be more, less 10-15 of us. I will add Ragnar to friends on steam this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom