Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone have any tips for putting these into the mod system? Looks like its just text files available with the downloads and i'm not a modsys expert.

Con22 said:
Anyone have any tips for putting these into the mod system? Looks like its just text files available with the downloads and i'm not a modsys expert.
honestly, read the thread. but I'll tell you.

first off. back-up any files you replace or modify so that if you screw up you don't ruin your installation. I personally simply copy the file or folder and change the name. you could for instance add copy to it. I'm not sure if this is the best way but it seems to work.

now I am as much of a noob as you are but as far as I know the first part of the lines are used to identify the scene and therefore unique. you can copy the first part and use ctrl-F to find it in the original file. an example would be "scn_town_9_center town_9_center" for khudan. since these parts are unique you can simply find the lines that need replacing. simply replace the four line block by the one given to you in the mod. rinse and repeat until you are done. it is kind of boring and slow but afaik it is the best way to do it.

Con22 said:
The only two things you need for the module system are the outer_terrain type and the terrain code, which is the long hex string starting with 0x0000.

The more I use them the more addicted to them I become. Looks so much better ingame than in screenshots. I might even have to start looking into doing something like this myself, quite inspirational, though I am very much aware of the amount of work this entails.

chazzerberg said:
How long till some more towns are going to be released? Awesom work by the way! :razz:
I think this is a busy time for students (not sure where Bowman lives tho) so probably not a whole lot until the end of May would be my guess. However, I did make a couple of khergit towns which you can download here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/5945/? and I hope nobody minds me plugging my own work in someone else's thread. I sort of meant them as "placeholders" for this mod anyhow, before The Bowman gets around to the khergit towns himself since his trend suggests to me that Rhodok will come after Swadia so... Could be a long wait for khergs. Anyway. Hopefully he won't mind me hijacking his thread. :razz:

Of course it's not a problem. Being inspired to do something great is never wrong.
As for my progress, I'd say it's effectively frozen for now, because there's quite a lot left to do for my college. Since I live in the Republic of Moldova, one could expect a high degree of Soviet influences in the educational system, and a flexible college program is certainly not to be expected. That said, I only really enjoy what I like to do in the weekends. And since nobody is planning a revolutionary change here, we'll just wait until the end of May. :razz:

The Bowman said:
Thanks.

For now, the siege scenes only use ladders. I might decide on something more creative later on.

Your work is outstanding, man, especially when it works on original .txt file system which I familiar to. I'm not try battle scene yet, but Nord town's wooden gatehouse reduced to debris by catapult bombardment could be a good replacement for a ladder. Or you can try a tattered open gate, a left-behind battering ram, and some prop corpses impaled with arrows. Normally the weakest spot of a wall is its gate, especially those of the Nord. All you need to do to pave attackers' way into the town is replace the gatehouse with its debris and plan a catapult somewhere in front of it.

That's a very good idea, I might think about implementing something like that when re-doing the Nord towns. That might happen even before starting on the rest of the Swadian towns.

The Bowman said:
That's a very good idea, I might think about implementing something like that when re-doing the Nord towns. That might happen even before starting on the rest of the Swadian towns.
The gates for the nord towns are already destructible. If you put the defend point behind the door and just AI mesh through it the AI will reliably break down the doors, though even the defenders contribute to the destruction. That's how I set up the siege in Tulga actually. It works quite well, the only caveat is that every time AI hit the door the health bar shows up on the players screen, even if they're nowhere near it.

Another thing I found with these towns is that with the attacker spawn so far back there isn't much need to balance the attack and defense at the walls. Adding a load of extra ladders is fine even if you have to just have some archers defending the top. Even if the attackers somehow gain the walls on the first wave, they then have to not lose their progress. Especially with the way your maps are set up, it's very very very fun having to hold under a passage house or other strategic location as you wait for your reinforcements to trudge all the way up and over the walls before your men are pushed back. As for making attackers use extra ladders, if you count out your AI mesh faces and use cleverly placed AI barriers to "split" troops onto different paths it can work pretty well, even if the ladders are "far" (compared to double ladders in Native) apart. I guess the downside here is that with lower battle sizes the enemy will retreat to the streets, even though the player already fought them there.  :lol:

Here is what Suno currently looks like, if anyone wondered.
abhT9.jpg

2B69z.jpg

GBVxR.jpg

ytfcr.jpg

XORL2.jpg

N8rcb.jpg

yGCzF.jpg

6CAsC.jpg

ErfiC.jpg

x6i2h.jpg

rBqQB.jpg

9g71i.jpg

6Az9s.jpg

hl3AK.jpg

FUxiq.jpg

LLm6Z.jpg

XkeWg.jpg

KIGJo.jpg
The town itself is done, but it may require some little adjustments and details which I cannot place in the PW editor as is (I use it for making scenes, since it work better with AI meshes). The outside area already has the landscape and basic roads.

Hey Bowman, I loved your work so much that I used them in my mod 'Realistic Mod'. I only found out about your work when somebody on my mod db page told me you were doing the same thing as I was doing. Which was 1 scene for every town. You sped up the development for my mod so I thank you.

I also had to edit some of your scenes because polished landscapes really messed them up a bit, but none the less it looks even better with them on. They look even better with the new skybox's advanced OSP on also.

Once my mod is released you will be added to the credits list. Keep up your awesome work!

Link to my mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/realistic-mod-remastered

(Edit) Added to credit list. (17/12/20)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom