Native compatible mods list, v1.011 (Graphics, Sounds and Gameplay) 30/1/10

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope I'm posting/asking in the right area...I'm interested in quite a few mods, and with my ping a lil too high to effectively play the AvP demo and/or MW2, I figured I'd try n get all the mods I want for M&B....Now, right now the only ones I'm wondering about are graphical....Are there any that would affect others, or that are better than others? Cause I'm looking at a lot of em, and I was wondering if I was allowed to post the names of the ones I was interested in and see which ones are better, or unneeded (either because they dont work or because another mod does it/does it better...)

Of course, wouldn't be a problem at all.

It all really depends on what you're looking for aesthetically, some peoples tastes will differ a lot to others, as well as what your computer can handle, but ask away and I'll see what I can do to help.

Flying Missile Pack, World Map HD, Dalls Mount & Blade HD, Polished Landscapes, Gauntlet textures, Punk Hairstyles and Steampunk dresses, Wei Xiadi's Armour Project, Panoramic Mod, Punkts HiRex textures, Polished buildings, Optimized version of shaders for SM 3.0, Old map sheets (world map variant), Minimalist HUD, The LOD Mod, Font Customizer, Flora Enhancement mod, Face textures, Colorful textures, Calradia Map Refinement, Calradia Map Makeover, Bumpy Textures, Better Horses mod, Banner pack, Banners on Horses, Animations Compilation Mod, Havocs sky textures, & Standard Weapons Upgrade Project.

Now, I know a few of them obviously should or will or might not work with each other...but others I'm not sure if they'd work together somewhat, work together completely, or ya know...what. Just curious if there are any that dont work anymore, are unneeded because another one I have listed does what it does, or perhaps a patch to the game made the function useless, unneeded, or it was officially added to the vanilla game...

Choose only one of these:
Dalls Mount & Blade HD -Not all that good.
Polished Landscapes -The most visually impressive graphics mod. Pick this or if your computer is weaker/you don't like the style, Graphical Enhancement 2.5
Punkts HiRex textures -Not bad, but limited and out of date.
Colorful textures -If you want something a little more fantasy-ish, these are good.
Graphical Enhancement 2.5 -Solid, well done and looks great with less of a hit to your computer than Polished Landscapes.

And whatever combination of these fits:
Flying Missile Pack -No issues
World Map HD, -Either this or old map sheets. This would be my personal choice.
Gauntlet textures -No issues
Punk Hairstyles and Steampunk dresses -No issues, will require a little work to get in game.
Wei Xiadi's Armour Project -No issues, will require a little work to get in game.
Panoramic Mod -Incompatible with large texture replacers, not recomended.
Polished buildings -No issues.
Optimized version of shaders for SM 3.0 -Pretty sure it doesn't actually do anything.
Old map sheets (world map variant) -Either this or World Map HD
Minimalist HUD -No issues.
The LOD Mod -No issues.
Font Customizer -No issues.
Flora Enhancement mod -Made redundant by Polished land scapes, don't bother using both.
Face textures -No issues.
Calradia Map Refinement -No issues. Use only one of the two.
Calradia Map Makeover -No issues. Use only one of the two.
Bumpy Textures -Not worth it, they don't look that great.
Better Horses mod -No issues.
Banner pack -No issues.
Banners on Horses -No issues.
Animations Compilation Mod -No issues. Some people (myself included) don't enjoy it, as the different animations can make fighting difficult.
Havocs sky textures -Made defunct by Polished Land Scapes or GE 2.5
Standard Weapons Upgrade Project -No issues.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I'll be trying with polished first, as I believe it did make it look a bit more beeeyooootiful (xD) than GE2.5, but just so I can understand....Flora CAN be used if its with GE2.5, yesh?

Yep, they'd work fine together. Polished landscapes on the other hand allready does everything flora enhancement does, so they don't work together.

Question. Polished replaces 2 files that another mod already replaced (the mb. whatevers...)
What exactly do I do? :/
Also...For things that dont specify to add or modify anything in the module or item txt...do they still need it? x.x
EDIT: Only reason I ask is cause I dont really understand that...people talk bout the txt n ini files screwing up with stuff that doesnt even specify it needs it in the readme, thread, or download page :/...

Not knowing the name of the other mod or the files being replaced I can't really say, but whatever it is I'm sure it'd be fine, whichever you install last will overide the changes made by the first.

Unless a mod specifically states to add something to the module.ini or any of the text files then it doesn't need it. Scan module textures (in the module ini) only needs to be changed once and itemkinds is only relevent if you're adding new items to the game.

Nothing at all, they're pretty great.

But GE 2.5 and Polished Landscapes both have their own sky textures, so if you're using them you don't need yours. Nothing stopping you from overwriting the GE or PL ones if you want them though. :wink:

Yeah sorry Havoc ^^;. Im not in mood for a vanilla graphics game lol.
------------
Well, one is polished landscapes, but since I dont have the zips with me n i didnt COPY the files, but rather copy pasta'd them....
I could list all my stuff thats installed, as one of them should be it...coulda swore they had a readme but meh....
----------
Banner pack, calradia map refinement, horse banners, face textures, flying missiles, gauntlets, horse textures, LOD mod, Armour Project (wei's), world map HD, standard weapon upgrade.
I believe its one of those...but I cant be sure :/...If its not, Its one of the ones I forgot to move or only half installed...

So will it affect the 1st mod if I install the polished's files over the 1st one's?

They have their own sky textures? I didn't know that. The funny thing is that I made mine after getting Polished LS and as such are made to look good with Polished LS as you can see from the screenshots on my thread.

*edit* Eon the Wolf did you check out the screens and videos on my thread?

I THINK SO...Not entirely sure :/...Right now trying to get a lot of mods sorted out xD. I have like 15-20 graphical alone, and thats not including all the gameplay ones I wish to try out....x.x
EDIT: Should've called this Mount & Mod ( or Mod & Blade...or Mod & Wait...or Wait & Mod...lol I can go all day :razz:)
EDIT: Yes I have, looking again....so they work with PL? And are they BETTER than PL's? If so, then hell yeah Ill dl it
EDIT: upon thinking...I BELIEVE LOD Mod is the other one that screwed with the MB's, because I remember one file going from 267 kb to 16, and it was a ver 1.4...so yeah, LOD mod had it as well...if need be I can just remove that...or reinstall it...

Okay I have a question about PL. From what I've come to understand....It's a module. And modules have their own files. Now my question is thus; Do I have to reinstall all the mods that are in the Native folder into the PL folder...or what? Cause this is starting to get a lil confusing :/

PL is a mod by itself but if you know what you are doing you can incorporate it into any mod you want, all you have to do is transfer meshes, textures, and edit a few text files.  :grin:

If you haven't got any save games from Native that you want to keep you can also just install everything to there and play from that if you find it simpler.
Sir Silver said:
Zaro removed the link for Graphical Enhancement 2.5 in his topic, so if you want to update the list the new links are directly on mbrepository :

- Graphical Enhancement Textures v2.5
- Graphical Enhancement Resources v2.5
Cheers, for some reason I thought I'd already fixed the link.

Back
Top Bottom