[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year the format only allowed one team per nation. Until then, the community was working on the assumption that the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) was to be treated as a nation. You argued for that to be changed, and after a long discussion seperated yourself from England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland and Ireland formed an alliance to represent Ireland, England and Scotland formed an alliance to represent the United Kingdom. So effectively you were allowed to send three teams on the agreement that Welsh players were seperated from English and Scottish players as well as Irish and Northern Irish players.

This year the format allows multiple teams per nation. Based on last year, the community was now working on the assumption that the established split of last year is still in place. So Welsh players should be seperated from English and Scottish players as well as Northern Irish and Irish players. It turns out you now don't want to uphold the seperation between Welsh players and players from England and Scotland. The format doesn't force you to do that, in fact it doesn't address that at all. Nowhere in his post did Gibby say that Wales, England and Scotland should play together again.

Whatever ideological reasons you've used last year to argue in favour of the seperation, they obviously don't mean much to you as you are happily throwing them overboard now. To me it looks like you managed to send an extra team last year, and now that this seperation doesn't give you an advantage anymore, but a disadvantage because it limits your player pool, you don't want to uphold what we have established last year.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

Habimana said:
not like I want to insult anyone but everyone who wants to ban alliances is an idiot.
do you want to host a tourny with 5-10 teams or what?

UK, Germany, Spain, France, Russia, Turkey, Poland and Ukraine.

To be honest alliances is not that bad compared to having 3-4 teams from same nations.And alliance is understandable even though it's kinda weird.

Let us end the arguements and let the organizators do their job.I think that's enough

Watly said:
If I were an admin, I would completely ignore any changes Robin made during the NC17. His administration was arbitrary and oblivious to reason. We can now complicate things further by penalising Fietta for abusing Robin's gullibility and forcing him to play with "Welsh" players. Instead, I'd say we call the Robin episode a bad dream, applaud Fietta for weaseling a Wales team into the NC and only acknowledge UK teams from now on.

On the topic of BeNe, we make an effort constantly and every year, but the influx of new players is very, very low. Asking us to put in an effort means we ask the same people the questions with the same answers. It gets tiresome and is essentially pointless beyond satisfying the anti-BeNe boner of the German and UK people.

Fietta is not going to be forced to do anything. He can make a Welsh team if he wants but it will be classified as a UK team. Alternatively, he can make a team with any other UK people that he wants. We want to disregard most of the decisions made in NC 2017 because of how poor that tournament ended up being. To that end, none of the constituent countries of the United Kingdom will be recognised as separate nations in this tournament. People from Scotland can make a Scottish team if they want, but it will be classed as one of several UK teams - the same with anyone from England or Wales.

I have always been strongly against alliances in all cases except the most desperate, but with this NC I have explicitly stated that I want to maximise who can take part so that we don't exclude any of the community when it is at its smallest point. To this end, I myself will not be joining the main UK team, but I will be participating with other UK people (senate + others). I want to get these people more engaged with the scene, and I think this is a good opportunity for top players to pick up newer ones and help them out. Then, next year, maybe you'll have enough good players that you won't need an alliance. I hope that the Dutch and Belgian players share this sentiment and put the effort in to find other Warband players from their countries. You will find plenty of players from both nations here. If it is not possible for either nation to make a team, after a genuine and honest attempt to do so, then I have no doubt that the administration will be fine with approving your alliance.

Scar I feel like you're being stupid once again. I'll explain myself in full.

After seeing that in Napoleonic Wars you were able to create different nations based on the countries within the UK, I decided to go with that idea, I spent most months trying to find Welsh people (which is why the steam group states August 30th 2016) I found what I believed to be Welsh players, all of which had to talk to robin when the tournament started and any future additions also needed to be confirmed, that was out of my control. Wales is part of the UK but should be able to play in their own right alongside separate teams for England, Scotland and northern Ireland. I don't hate the UK or anything, id just have preferred to play as a separate country as we were able to and wasn't a big problem? The only part that made it a problem was when the UK didn't want to break up, so there was two teams Wales and UK (which if Welsh players wanted to join could) although the ones told to join Wales had to stay in Wales. The tournament continued fine, Reys 5 a side came around and decided that Wales will not exist as a tournament team, banned all the English players playing for the Welsh team and allowed all the Welsh players to play for the UK.

In a sense it was a failed test, the reasons for creating the Welsh team wasn't because I couldn't join the UK team or anything of the similar sort (I made the Welsh NC team 4 months prior to the NC) but instead wanted to represent Wales. Wales is still part of the UK but again, it failed because of all the drama so it was dropped.

Don't you dare even mention that I'm not trying to represent my country, I tried bloody hard creating a Welsh team and fought hard to keep it. Clearly it didn't want to be kept and I understand that. This tournament is for fun and clearly gives no representation in the skill of your nation. I find it very disrespectful that you keep trying to put me down when all I **** wanted was a Welsh team. Stop trying to treat me like a bad guy when my intentions of the Welsh team were pure but was shut down by disappointing lying teammates and administration. I didn't manipulate Robin, he can easily speak for himself.

Here's the link to when I created the group.
https://i.imgur.com/diuo2km.jpg

I'm not being hypocritical I'm just playing with what I can.

We do that every year, it's pointless. Besides, unlike turkey we don't have the luxery of picking good players, we don't even have 8 active players. Say what you want, in order for either belgium or Netherlands to participate, we're forced to sign up as BeNe.

We do have examples of players that played in BeNe when they were starting out and are now successful as players (Kane and Ciiges). However, success stories are a minority and I can name quite a few that applied for BeNe and just left after one or two matches.

We know of the thread and have been using the NW NC thread to find new players for some time already. The problem is that many of those don't want to play native, because they think it's boring/are too busy with other things and whatnot. That's what I meant with my previous post: we can keep asking them, but these guys aren't newbies most of the time and play NW for a reason.

In my eyes, the genuine and honest effort is made throughout the year and this demand to show evidence of it is a complete waste of time.

BANNER:
Imuw0FV.png
NATION: United Kingdom
CAPTAIN: Gibby - Gibby - Gibby
CO-CAPTAIN: Gazelle - Gazelle - Gazelle
ROSTER:
Gibby1182817
Hursty2398739
Zazu1788820
Sombie1233255
king_of_archers1015246
Gazelle3661993
Clubbing_Mateee3627451
Angola_Merkel1781958
Snacc3249105
Mandingo3626027
Ben-Chan2963871
Addainur2939085
Ordessa3627520
Player 14ID

Fietta said:
Don't you dare even mention that I'm not trying to represent my country, I tried bloody hard creating a Welsh team and fought hard to keep it. Clearly it didn't want to be kept and I understand that. This tournament is for fun and clearly gives no representation in the skill of your nation. I find it very disrespectful that you keep trying to put me down when all I **** wanted was a Welsh team.
I suppose that is why I am arguing for the continuation of the Welsh team, and you are arguing against it.

Fietta after he threw Wales under the bus.​

Whatever, enjoy yourselves.

Kragen said:
Can‘t NL nor BE form their own team ?
Neither. Belgium has 5/6 players max, none of which are interested of being captain. Netherlands has 7 so we could possibly form our own team, but no way would we have enough for all officials. So no, we cannot form our own seperate teams, we've tried for years.

Even in last years 5x5 NC we had trouble getting 5 to matches.

This is my personal opinion and it is in no way endorsed by the admin team but I have always seen the Nations Cup as a fun but competitive event. For that reason, I do not believe that you can make rules and generalities for all the nations as each of them have their own specificities. I strongly believe that every allegiances or nation request has to be looked upon as a case per case thing.

I am in favour of the BeNe allegiance for all the reasons which have been mentioned above (mainly by Watly) but also because I am strongly convinced that the BeNe allegiance will bring together a strong bunch of experienced and active players and therefore capable of pose a threat to most top teams. I know its an arbitral argument which can easily be countered but I personally do not see the point into forcing them to form one Belgium and one Netherland team. This would only result in my eyes into two mediocre teams, with a clear lack of motivation (edit: not to mention a lack of captainship) and strong possibilities to not even finish the tournament as they would have to rely on mostly new and not necessarily trustworthy players.

No matter what, I will stand behind the admin team's final decision, but at least have I expressed my view on the topic. I also really understand the frustration from BeNe players who have to reiterate their points every new edition of the Nations Cup. They playing together since 2010, a lot of people have already made the points of the community being really small at its current state so I'd just let them play together.

Watly said:
If I were an admin, I would completely ignore any changes Robin made during the NC17. His administration was arbitrary and oblivious to reason. We can now complicate things further by penalising Fietta for abusing Robin's gullibility and forcing him to play with "Welsh" players. Instead, I'd say we call the Robin episode a bad dream, applaud Fietta for weaseling a Wales team into the NC and only acknowledge UK teams from now on.

On the topic of BeNe, we make an effort constantly and every year, but the influx of new players is very, very low. Asking us to put in an effort means we ask the same people the questions with the same answers. It gets tiresome and is essentially pointless beyond satisfying the anti-BeNe boner of the German and UK people.

Nope. Wales have the same right as any other country to team. But clearly there are not enough Welsh players, so why keep on about it? I hope all those that lied about their nationality in previous years will remain banned from any NC.

The only question then is are countries with a low population in Warband allowed to make alliances or not.  I think if there is a clear attempt to find players and not enough players are found then why not?  I don't see what problems anyone can have with either Bene or UK alliance.

As Le Roux pointed out years ago having a bunch of unknown players sign up doesn't mean you have team. If they dont already play Warband regularly they are unlikely to turn up to practices and matches and that benefits no-one in the tournament.

The real question is why make the NC overlong? The ladder is too short to distinguish teams and far too long for an NC.

Scar said:
Last year the format only allowed one team per nation. Until then, the community was working on the assumption that the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) was to be treated as a nation.

UK is not a nation. I don't know why this is so hard for foreigners to understand.

The Welsh and the English are as distinct as the French and the German.

Aeronwen said:
The only question then is are countries with a low population in Warband allowed to make alliances or not.  I think if there is a clear attempt to find players and not enough players are found then why not?  I don't see what problems anyone can have with either Bene or UK alliance.
This.

There are more players leaving the scene than there is coming in, Nations Cup usually have somewhat inactive players come back but is it enough to form a team? Basically what I'm saying is for every year that passes by, alliances make more and more sense. BeNe might've been able to make separate teams years ago, but now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Norway most likely wont have enough to form a team, even if we team up as Scandinavia we'd struggle.

As many have said above, I think alliances will be completely necessary for the current state of warband.

Forget all this crap in the past that just makes people run in more circles than they do on IG and just go case by case. People will need to be open minded for an NC to be successful now.

Aeronwen said:
Scar said:
Last year the format only allowed one team per nation. Until then, the community was working on the assumption that the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) was to be treated as a nation.

UK is not a nation. I don't know why this is so hard for foreigners to understand.
I know, that it is exactly why I said the community worked on the assumption that the UK was to be treated as a nation, not that the community said the UK is a nation. I'm trying to say that until the Wales debate, the UK had the same status in the Nations Cup as for example Germany or France.

Aeronwen said:
The real question is why make the NC overlong? The ladder is too short to distinguish teams and far too long for an NC.

The tournament is currently planned to last 8 weeks
NC 2017 lasted 14 weeks
NC 2016 lasted 6 weeks
NC 2015 lasted 8 weeks
NC 2014 lasted 8 weeks

I would say that the planned length of this tournament is clearly a return to the duration of the older NCs

Scar said:
Aeronwen said:
Scar said:

I know, that it is exactly why I said the community worked on the assumption that the UK was to be treated as a nation, not that the community said the UK is a nation. I'm trying to say that until the Wales debate, the UK had the same status in the Nations Cup as for example Germany or France.

It is more accurate to treat UK as an alliance of different nations, because that is what it is. It has actually always been the English team+OGL

Gibby Jr said:
Aeronwen said:

The tournament is currently planned to last 8 weeks
NC 2017 lasted 14 weeks
NC 2016 lasted 6 weeks
NC 2015 lasted 8 weeks
NC 2014 lasted 8 weeks

I would say that the planned length of this tournament is clearly a return to the duration of the older NCs

Ye and it was always too long.

I dont like multiple teams and arbitrary "nations". We already had a NC this year which allowed multiple teams...
I really support taking an initiative from the admin to make a tournament, but to quote Tirtil :
Tirtil said:
What i am trying to say is "Nations Cup is not a toy you can play with it"
This is not a Nations Cup, its a Cup with nation restriction.

Also to cement the UK is a nation argument :
The only reference we can use for nations is beeing part of UN, and there its UK.
Otherwise most nations can be put apart in their respective federal parts, Germany for example is not 18 nations forming an alliance.
We need to have it clear, it doesnt make sense to do otherwise, or we can allow team Basque, Catalonia, Bavaria, Hawaii and what not. Logical consistency is the keyword here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom