[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 1 day and all we're asking is that you make an honest effort to make a team, an alliance should be a last resort only and it won't necessarily be with Belgium.

Pepper said:
You could just embrace alliances if the tourney is going to be multi team based. Just pair up countries with less people with larger ones.

I don't really get this 'NC is holy' kind of vibe. It's not been the same for years and while the 'best of the best tourney' was relevant when we had a large pop, I don't think it's productive to do it now, as who really cares when the scene is small?

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd just say allow Scandinavia, BeNe, UK and some other alliances and we might see several teams from those locations rather than unhappy teams stuck together with tape. We honestly should look at options that include rather than exclude at this point of warband.

just my kudos, looking forward to it regardless  :party:

Pretty much this.

Razer' said:
Can someone add robin into the mixer?
Its about time, that we have the same idiots assembled like 2 years ago :lol:

168720ad7f2866674a663934a7f52b5d.png

708e5831c4fbabce3736648240dc429b.png

Scar said:
Fietta said:
People always used to get excited trying to join their nations team and routing for them during the tournament.
How can we understand that? Last year you made a strong case for a Welsh team being formed, even though half of them turned out to be English. Still, the community gave you the opportunity, and now I hear that you are trying to form a team with Shingen, who is English. What nation do you identify with? Wales or the United Kingdom? Or are you in the process of requesting an alliance between Wales and the United Kingdom?

Don't worry Scar. If I see the smallest bit of green or some ****ed up mythical dragon on our banner I'm out.

NGL the UK team was England + OGL, don't know why Wales was a problem when they could just make an England team in 2017 like the NC for Napoleonic wars, they just wanted OGL so they made an excuse.

Fietta said:
NGL the UK team was England + OGL, don't know why Wales was a problem when they could just make an England team in 2017 like the NC for Napoleonic wars, they just wanted OGL so they made an excuse.
In NW since around 2014 we've allowed Wales, Ireland and Scotland to make teams if they have a suitable/willing leader and a genuine lineup.

Thing is if a nation doesn't have enough players why would they deserve to represent or even win a tournament for the name of their nation? If BeNe wins the tournament what are we going to say? Belgium is good but Netherlands did most of the work? or Belgium carried Netherlands? Either way it doesn't reach to its National tournament goals.
It's funny to see Netherlands or Belgium having less than 8 players who can play one hour of match in each week for some months.

There should be other alternatives such as encouraging some people from these countries to the game and helping them out...

If it doesn't work then just because you're playing this game it doesn't mean you can represent your country, it should be the country's conditions that will make it possible for the tournament.

I mean for example if dominician republic don't have electiricity and you're playing the game from England , you can't really say "I want to create a team or want to join other country's team." Cause its ethically wrong

I know how many hours you do spend on the game and how much you would like to play in such tournament but there's nothing you can do if your country don't have around even ten players to compete.

Otherwise Nations Cup would have no difference than any single tournament.

Yeah and those who tries to make Nations Cup an ordinary tournament should finally realize that the existence of normal tournaments would be more fit instead of underrating the classical Nations Cup  intellection.

Now that with the new system any player in Warband will be able to call himself a Nations Cup player of 2018 without anyone understanding this "New" system.

If someone wants to play in  NC he  must have some hardworks, habits and the character combination.

No country will reject a man who's beast in tactics or good at butchering enemy team.

Tardet said:
Pepper said:
You could just embrace alliances if the tourney is going to be multi team based. Just pair up countries with less people with larger ones.

I don't really get this 'NC is holy' kind of vibe. It's not been the same for years and while the 'best of the best tourney' was relevant when we had a large pop, I don't think it's productive to do it now, as who really cares when the scene is small?

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd just say allow Scandinavia, BeNe, UK and some other alliances and we might see several teams from those locations rather than unhappy teams stuck together with tape. We honestly should look at options that include rather than exclude at this point of warband.

just my kudos, looking forward to it regardless  :party:

Pretty much this.

Razer' said:
Can someone add robin into the mixer?
Its about time, that we have the same idiots assembled like 2 years ago :lol:

168720ad7f2866674a663934a7f52b5d.png

708e5831c4fbabce3736648240dc429b.png
Not talking bout the hosters, but the ppl keeping this discussion alive

If I were an admin, I would completely ignore any changes Robin made during the NC17. His administration was arbitrary and oblivious to reason. We can now complicate things further by penalising Fietta for abusing Robin's gullibility and forcing him to play with "Welsh" players. Instead, I'd say we call the Robin episode a bad dream, applaud Fietta for weaseling a Wales team into the NC and only acknowledge UK teams from now on.

On the topic of BeNe, we make an effort constantly and every year, but the influx of new players is very, very low. Asking us to put in an effort means we ask the same people the questions with the same answers. It gets tiresome and is essentially pointless beyond satisfying the anti-BeNe boner of the German and UK people.

not like I want to insult anyone but everyone who wants to ban alliances is an idiot.
do you want to host a tourny with 5-10 teams or what?

UK, Germany, Spain, France, Russia, Turkey, Poland and Ukraine.

Watly said:
If I were an admin, I would completely ignore any changes Robin made during the NC17. His administration was arbitrary and oblivious to reason. We can now complicate things further by penalising Fietta for abusing Robin's gullibility and forcing him to play with "Welsh" players. Instead, I'd say we call the Robin episode a bad dream, applaud Fietta for weaseling a Wales team into the NC and only acknowledge UK teams from now on.

On the topic of BeNe, we make an effort constantly and every year, but the influx of new players is very, very low. Asking us to put in an effort means we ask the same people the questions with the same answers. It gets tiresome and is essentially pointless beyond satisfying the anti-BeNe boner of the German and UK people.

I didn't tell Robin anything, he talked with my members about them being Welsh and proving it not me. Knowing if the players in my team were Welsh or not wasn't my problem. Besides, I literally played in the Nations 5 a side in Ducks UK team. Don't make it a problem here because you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom