Nations Cup 2011: Question & Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,161048.0.html

Lord Willy said:
Why I can only see 3 servers ?  If Teams Dont post Any servers or dont post that they dont have one alavailable . They Will play(forced to play) their matches on neutral servers

I'm relieved that matches with the USA/Canada won't be played on their servers after all, since they failed to give up home-servers before the tournament started. Glad to see the problem resolved itself.

And you better not tell me you will make ANOTHER exception for them.. they aren't little children, this failure is their own responsibility and their own fault.

What's the policy with referees?
Are they allowed to partake in games? If so, why? We have more than enough neutral referees.

Requesting an unlock of the official NC servers I saw today. We wanna practice on them. Also, would an admin pass be too much to ask for?

I do not feel compfortable with existing discription of "glitching" in rules and the link which describes only some of them.

I am sure most of veteran captains/referee (and players) know prohibited glitches but still suggest to add description of Archer from previous NC2010 to make it more clear fro everyone.
"Glitching and trickjumping isn't allowed, doing so makes your team lose the rounds where either is used.
My definitions of glitches and trickjumps:

Glitch=Reaching bugged spots that make you invincible or make you reach places that everyone would consider unaccessible at first sight.
Example: The rock on the Ruins map, near the fallen tree. You can get inside it, making you invulnerable to ranged and melee attacks.

Trickjumping=Reaching places by doing one hard jump or a chain of jumps, also doesn't look like a place that the mapmaker intended the players to reach at first sight.
Example: Getting on the roofs on the Village map, jumping from the stairs on a cloth-line and than jumping on the roof. "
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117206.0.html

Zheka said:
I do not feel compfortable with existing discription of "glitching" in rules and the link which describes only some of them.

I am sure most of veteran captains/referee (and players) know prohibited glitches but still suggest to add description of Archer from previous NC2010 to make it more clear fro everyone.
"Glitching and trickjumping isn't allowed, doing so makes your team lose the rounds where either is used.
My definitions of glitches and trickjumps:

Glitch=Reaching bugged spots that make you invincible or make you reach places that everyone would consider unaccessible at first sight.
Example: The rock on the Ruins map, near the fallen tree. You can get inside it, making you invulnerable to ranged and melee attacks.

Trickjumping=Reaching places by doing one hard jump or a chain of jumps, also doesn't look like a place that the mapmaker intended the players to reach at first sight.
Example: Getting on the roofs on the Village map, jumping from the stairs on a cloth-line and than jumping on the roof. "
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117206.0.html

I second this. Could be a lot of confusion otherwise. For example; the clothlines over the bazaar area in Village, or jumping form the cart up to the roof of the lower spawn in Nord Town. There are a lot of different opinions about those two, and there are ofcourse more like them.

For the current rules, both cart and cloth jumping are forbidden, but yeah I second every attempt to make clearer what is glitch and what isn't.

As I wrote in the referees thread, looking through wall/objects should also added as a forbidden glitch

I'll try to put something together for the glitches but the problem is that it's a lot of work to find everything, instead of just using a tiny bit of common sense. I also don't recall many issues in the past with glitches so, for those reasons it's not top of the priority list.

I do not see information regarding Respawn time in the server settings.

We played with 3 sec and it was quite inconvinient.

I suggest to set 8 sec. as it was in ENPL if I recollect right.

3 sec! ? Arthasan oO? Yes 8 is default since I play Warband . never played with less , so Yeah i tought it was clear and forgot about it . Ima add it to the rule thread , thanks for notyfing it.

Please make some sub-forums where you put old matches and maybe one for current match-threads too, cause how it is now the board is just a big chaotic mess.

Brego said:
Please make some sub-forums where you put old matches and maybe one for current match-threads too, cause how it is now the board is just a big chaotic mess.
I already asked for it 1 week ago . Be patience please.

I'm getting a bit frustated about the way matches are scheduled: Only one or two matches are released per 'round' and then given just few days worth of time before deadline. Just this weekend Team Finland would have had all the time to play all six matches of our Group 2 during the weekend but no, no match whatsoever. The deadlines are far too short, teams are giving mismatching suggestions and this system just doesn't seem to work. I say raise the limit from 5 days to 7 days atleast and/or publish more matches and not keep them hidden.

This system is way too strict and it damages the integity and prestige of the tournament. Lots of teams seem to have troubles getting their dates click and the 5-day deadline is not working at all. We waited the whole weekend to have match but to your disappointment none of the possible two teams could answer to our challenge and I'm sure there are lots of teams that are inactive now, waiting in the sidelines for a match but can't get it cause the matches are being released one/two by one/two. It seems foolish to keep matches hidden.

Agreed. Publishing all the matches and their deadlines beforehand is a good idea, since 1-2 of 5 days (the day announcement made and the day after) is wasted while trying to get in contact with the opponent team.

Fair enough. I'll publish all of the fixtures tonight. This means you will be able to play matches ahead of schedule, if both teams agree to it.

However, the deadlines for matches will remain the same and threads will be made in accordance with those deadlines only.

Hm  it can be done . but First we need a sub board  place, to move all the thread of  the old matches and to move the one that have to be played , otherwise it would be a pure mess. And btw the deadline days are 6 and not 5 . And its not way to strict in my opinion . In enpl teams had to find a date on 5 days , rasing 12 + players.

Lord Willy said:
In enpl teams had to find a date on 5 days , rasing 12 + players.

ENPL teams are much more organised as they had experience of working together and clear leadership what NC teams doesn't have. Some teams might not even be able to organise proper trainings in NC.

Even in ENPL some clans had trouble with the timelimit so it cannot be really excepted that we could do the same here.

Brego said:
Done , Thanks to Janus.

So, is everyone going to get a 20-0 to make up for a match against the denmark team that dropped?

Back
Top Bottom