Nations Cup 2011: Question & Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Willy

If you want to ask or suggest anything related the to the NC , do it here  :smile:

Maps/factions will be randomly generated, from the list of included maps and factions. Picked by the event admins. The same map will not come up twice, in a match however there are no restrictions on faction occurrence (i.e. the same faction could come up against itself).
no.
This could work fine in a 5vs5 tournament with class limitation, not in a competitive one where you can be outspammed by a full archery/cavalry team in open maps or similiar **** without having a chance to retaliate with same troops.
I want to play teams on equal terms, ie with the possibility to choose faction and map. Yeah i know that this will lead to see quite the same 3 factions always, but random was the major flaw of the previous tournament, we had a quite global accepted ruleset made for the NPL, let's use them.
Oh just in case someone wants to suggest that, faction swap doesn't solve anything when you have to pray to start off with the better factions before than your opponent to gain upper hand...

Also round draws should be not counted and replayed, otherwise we'll se more camping than the usual lots of camp matches

Kalpokor said:
It will be World NC or only Europe NC ?
Any nation can join the tournament but due to the overwhelming majority of teams being European, in order to avoid tyranny of the minority, only Eu servers will be used, unless both teams agree otherwise
BlackTide said:
How are captains decided and is one nation only allowed to field one team?
Everyone can Apply as captain of its own nation , If a team has multiple applicants, they can make a decision amongst themselves, as to who becomes the captain or let the event admins decide.

In my opinion we should play 12vs12 (Minimum). In ENPL it's passed exam. Couple of days ago, we (Poland) have our own championships. We played that in team size 6vs6, and it's really sux ;/ I think 8vs8 gonna be sux the same as 6vs6.

Maps/factions will be randomly generated, from the list of included maps and factions. Picked by the event admins.

Maps... hmmm why not, but Factions? No! Teams should choose their factions by themselves.

Astinus said:
Oh just in case someone wants to suggest that, faction swap doesn't solve anything when you have to pray to start off with the better factions before than your opponent to gain upper hand...

Well I disagree that you really gain the upper hand but either way, I think the only real faction match up problems came with khergits. They're not in, this year, so I think it's alright.

Astinus said:
Also round draws should be not counted and replayed, otherwise we'll se more camping than the usual lots of camp matches

We discussed this and decided that rather than encouraging camping, this will do the opposite. When every round counts, teams will be much more determined to win. If a team camps, then the other team can always wait for the flags.

captain lust said:
Astinus said:

Well I disagree that you really gain the upper hand but either way, I think the only real faction match up problems came with khergits. They're not in, this year, so I think it's alright.

Astinus said:

We discussed this and decided that rather than encouraging camping, this will do the opposite. When every round counts, teams will be much more determined to win. If a team camps, then the other team can always wait for the flags.
worst scenario out there. Both team are almost equally skilled, first map, due to random factions and swap ended 5-5, then it comes village with rhodocks in defense and sarranids as attackers. Draws are counted. Sarranids team will try to force more draw than their opposite, leading to terrible boring rounds, due their inferiority to crossbows roofers. If Sarranids refuse this lame way to play or don't realize it, they will be probably crushed by rhodocks, leading to a 10-5. Now the swapped rhodocks just need to draw a round and they won. Funny or balanced? Not at all.

Still even with draws not taken into account, the first team playing as rhodock will still have the opportunity to score a 10-5 and then playing the other rounds forcing draws until their opponents get frustrated enough to do some mistakes and lose a round.

Both are well known scenarios, so please let's team choose their factions, so there won't be a real side with upper hand by random generated factions. I know that it's not so nice to see the same factions overplayed for the whole tournament, but the only other option for having balance is to add class limitation like the 5vs5 tournament

Kalpokor said:
In this case teams from America, Asia, Australia don't have a chance to win. Maybe separate this for each continent ?
Hm, Yes its up to them to join or not, and doing a separate thing for each continent dosent make sense , because i think there are just 2 or 3  non european  states that actually have enough players to form a team .

dzioOb said:
In my opinion we should play 12vs12 (Minimum). In ENPL it's passed exam. Couple of days ago, we (Poland) have our own championships. We played that in team size 6vs6, and it's really sux ;/ I think 8vs8 gonna be sux the same as 6vs6.

Because if we make 12 vs 12 this would means that each  Nation team should have at least 16-18 players  and that means that many  nations would not be able to partecipate . on The NC 2010 it was settled to 8 vs 8 and it was still great fun and nobody complained about it as far as i remember so 8 vs 8 is the best optiom

lol
8vs8 - very noob, very bad decision.
Game with such an amount of players - is  not interesting.
12vs12 (min) or 15vs15 - better and for fun

Before to answer - look my signature :smile:

and

where is khergits????

lol lol lol

finest faction, strongest faction in game - where???

Zheka said:
Questions to rules:

Please specify this:
"•Combat Speed: Normal"

Does it mean Combat Speed: Medium?
Fixed , thanks for notifying that  :wink: And yes the official  combat speed is medium.

Maps -
6 - Snowy Village

Could it be removed due to the same issue as in NPL League?

Also, move back khergits! It's lame to play NC without em with random faction generator.

I've heard that the dutch speaking Belgians, and the Dutch ones (those who live in holland) aren't allowed in the same team.
Well,  my question was, why not?

I understand, it are two different nations, but we speak the same language, have the same non-english forum, and actually want to work together as one.
And I do believe we worked together in the first Nation's Cup.

So I'd like to propose us, Belgians and peeps from Holland, are allowed to work together?
Pretty Please?

Le_Roux ^^

PS: We're still looking for a leader atm, when we have one he'll surely post on the official thread!

captain lust said:
Black_Corsair said:
I think there will be several russian teams.

Not gonna happen. One team per Nation.
Yeah, another silly restriction.

Russia 141,927,297 people
Germany 81,802,000
Turkey 73,722,988
France 65,821,885
United Kingdom 61,792,000
Italy 60,545,940
Spain 46,152,925
Ukraine 45,795,911
Poland 38,092,000
and other [from Wiki]

I know it is overall population  :grin: but in appropriate scale show that it can be a lot people who want take part in NC. In addition you set minimum 8 vs 8 battle. It small amount. Also there exist sports when nations can set up a few teams, for example on cross-country relay.

So I also vote for more than one team.

It's a very bad idea, that way the most populated country has got more chances than a small one ( or one with small number of players). Such restriction is exactly to put all country on the same level ( Even though some, like Russia, got a bigger pool of players, which gives already an advantage ).

P.s. Doing that would basically give free win to Russia ( P.p.s I have never ever seen any nation competition with different number of teams ).

Who's hosting this one? Is it Lust?
Also, on the 8v8/12v12 debate, how about 10v10?

Kalpokor said:
Yeah, another silly restriction.

Russia 141,927,297 people
Germany 81,802,000
Turkey 73,722,988
France 65,821,885
United Kingdom 61,792,000
Italy 60,545,940
Spain 46,152,925
Ukraine 45,795,911
Poland 38,092,000
and other [from Wiki]

I know it is overall population  :grin: but in appropriate scale show that it can be a lot people who want take part in NC. In addition you set minimum 8 vs 8 battle. It small amount. Also there exist sports when nations can set up a few teams, for example on cross-country relay.

So I also vote for more than one team.

Well if you take it like that, China should have 20 teams. So i say we should do it like in soccer. One country = one team. Also, i think 8 v 8 is a good ammount, as some smaller countries might not have 15 good players, but still have some that really want to participate. (like me lol)

Back
Top Bottom