OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Men-at-Arms Armour Pack - UPDATE RELEASED 2016-09-19

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh man, I love these helmets so much! I was thinking of downloading the mod 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans and putting all your armors from the new Men-at-Arms pack in it (for personal use), and these helmets are definitely going to be issued to the soldiers in that mod. Are you going to do any other colors for the padded neckpieces? Idk how good the red & yellow would look on the French, who I will primarily give blue uniforms. I love the opened Sallets too, I have always looked for an open Sallet model for Mount & Blade, but the only ones I found, were the badly textured ones for "Knights the Last Battle", can't wait for you to release this.

Bonus points for using the brown brigandine in the picture!  :wink:

Awesome pieces:
bXDTpGw.jpg

Painted sallet:
OScTYyK.jpg
WimvsAn.jpg
4DZlNNZ.jpg
I87ocDI.jpg
X3Mf2FY.jpg
8JoGNnw.jpg
rOiCVRp.jpg

Unpainted sallet:
seD3mQA.jpg
TABA80z.jpg
7VOwAFy.jpg
jPI57ql.jpg
RJMRRQK.jpg

Archer's sallet:
GxR4Jl4.jpg
8ec8RzZ.jpg
bnq44cq.jpg
HV8kKeI.jpg
1AEmGz0.jpg
7n8dm8F.jpg

Eyeslot kettlehelm:
oy7TiQg.jpg
CPKjTI6.jpg
UoOkoyD.jpg
ESXBBBC.jpg
yQM5XRD.jpg
FPQIG1b.jpg
3zCkVLb.jpg
82QoCce.jpg

Edit: Added new screenshots

Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about lol.

The jack chains have rings, I just forgot to put them on this model.  So many derails...

You lookin badass there by the way.  Is that your regular kit?

Narf of Picklestink said:

The jack chains have rings, I just forgot to put them on this model.  So many derails...

Is that really Zimke? Yea that is a nice kit.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Narf!

As for what to do next, it would be cool if you added a new breastplate (instead of brigandine) variant to the Men-at-arms sets, kinda like the fellow in the screenshot above. A bascinet (also like in the screenshot above), and a helmet with rondels. These are just some suggestions I thought I would throw out there.

Awesome! Thanks Narf!

Your models have been used across the internet in many mods by now. You were doing this before I was even playing mods, let alone making them. I'm team leader of the Medieval Kingdoms mod (which Slytacular is apart of case you couldn't tell) for Total War Attila. Your stuff was very valuable, even if we are trying to increase our variety now. I have a screen from the mod showing some of your models(I think, it's kinda blended)

20160813224919_1.jpg

And suffice to say we will be using the newest stuff you've uploaded too. And credits are given of course.

Well, version 2.* is released.  See first post for link. 

Let me know if you see something that needs fixing.

Now, what to do next...
It would be great if You can focus Your talent on later 16-17 centuries :grin:,
- "Anima" style armor
- 3 quarters armor
- different reiters and cuirassiers helmets (open and closed)
- masterwork cold-arms with complex hilts
- Eastern European armors like later 16-th century Croatian-Hungarian hussar armors/helmets ets.
There are some models for Mount that already introduced but also there is a lack of quality and lack of artists who can work on them.
Many images for inspiration can be found in Pinterest.
Of course You are a busy man, but if still there is a hunger of making stuff for Mount in You - this time period will be rather challenging for any artist.

You modeled new items really nicely by the way, still an inspiration as always! :smile:

Thanks, it was most of my kit until last year, had to sell it to pay for visa expenses so I could go to Belfast and work on my game. Haven't sold cuirass thou, so I will slowly rebuild the kit to full knightly gear.
Did not had opportunity to take pics in it, here's my buddies playing with cuirass in my absence:
http://take.ms/JPciY
http://take.ms/1Av16
http://take.ms/TW9rJ

Cozur said:
Does it chafe under the arms, or do you use extra padding?

When armor is properly built for person using it, it doesn't chafe anywhere, it's like second skin. Only leg armor can chafe on the knees, but a simple woolen cloth wrap solves the issue (that is also a historical solution)
As for gambeson, it was same level of padding all around, strong and thick hand woven hemp fabric on the outer layer, wool for filling and linen on the inside layer. it was thin since I was planning to use it under the plate and not as armor on itself.

Gothic Knight said:
Is that really Zimke? Yea that is a nice kit.

Yup me :smile: Armor is white corrazzina, as seen here: http://take.ms/ZGH9h

Assuming you are not using the module system, this is what you need to do:

If you have not already done so, I suggest you duplicate the folder "Native" (default path C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Native), and rename it to whatever you would like your new mod to be called.  In that way you will always have the default files to recover from mistakes, and still play Vanilla if you really hate this stuff.

1. Copy the contents of the Resource and Textures folders from this OSP to the corresponding folders in your mod directory.

2. Open module.ini in your mod folder, use ctrl+f to find the line "load_resource = materials_face_gen".  Below that line, add these two lines:
load_mod_resource = men_at_arms
load_mod_resource = men_at_arms_lods

Save and close the file.

3. Open item_kinds1.txt in your mod folder.  On the second line, directly under "itemsfile version 3", increase the number by 45.  If you have no other mods installed, this number will be 603, and should therefore be increased to 648. 

4. With this file still open, open the file included in this OSP named item_kinds_entries.txt.  Press ctrl+a to select the entire contents of the file, then press ctrl+c to copy them.  Go back to item_kinds1.txt, scroll to the very bottom of the file, place your cursor just above the line that begins with "itm_items_end...", and press ctrl_v to paste the lines for the new items.

Save and close the file.

5. Play game.

Well, version 2.* is released.  See first post for link. 

Let me know if you see something that needs fixing.

Now, what to do next...

Looks amazing. If you're looking for suggestions, I've always wanted to see versions of the coifs/hoods that can be used without a helmet.

Back
Top Bottom