Napoleonic Wars: Source files and Singleplayer concept

Users who are viewing this thread

Quick question, new to coding and all that.

Where would I compile the code to? I'm completely new at this :3

Haresus said:
I only have one thing to say, gents:
The Eagle.

You have tough competition.

One more thing:
1-2 years wait.

I'm sure the 5 guys who will still be playing will be very grateful for the 'super quality' eagle mod, but the rest of us want something a little sooner.

Docm30 said:
Well then, you better get started about two years ago.

Seriously, people are not going to wait that long for a single player campaign.

I'm not saying it won't be great; I'm sure it will. But stating "Theres no point in making mods for NW, because in two years there will be something better" only encourages people to pin all their hopes on something that may not even happen. Lets be honest here; the longer a mod takes to be completed, the less likely it is for it to be finished.

And even if it is, can you say with absolute certainty that people will still be playing Napoleonic Wars in 1-2 years? What if an official Napoleonic Wars single player mode is released? Or Warband 2? All that patience will have been for nothing.

As I said; I'm not saying that 'The Eagle' won't be great, I'm saying that we need something in the meantime, in the name of good gaming.

JollySam said:
I'm not saying it won't be great; I'm sure it will. But stating "Theres no point in making mods for NW, because in two years there will be something better" only encourages people to pin all their hopes on something that may not even happen. Lets be honest here; the longer a mod takes to be completed, the less likely it is for it to be finished.
That's not even remotely close to what I was saying. What I'm saying is that a mod that does something similar to what I'm doing but starts two years after I did has about zero chance of being released before L'Aigle. Using the content from the DLC won't combat that, either, as I already have more content made than the DLC has.

JollySam said:
And even if it is, can you say with absolute certainty that people will still be playing Napoleonic Wars in 1-2 years?
How's that relevant to singleplayer?

JollySam said:
What if an official Napoleonic Wars single player mode is released? Or Warband 2? All that patience will have been for nothing.
Whose patience? I don't see why your patience would be wasted if you get what you want. Mine wouldn't be wasted because I wouldn't care if any of that was released before my mod.

JollySam said:
...I'm saying that we need something in the meantime, in the name of good gaming.
And I'm saying that a mod which started after mine couldn't be released before mine. Not anything beyond a simple reskin of native, at least.

I have absolutely no problem with someone starting a NW singleplayer mod, but I would seriously recommend not doing it with intent of releasing a fully functional mod before I do.

Besides, you can always play Europe 1805 or 1812-1815 if you need a fix.

Let's not argue about this, I am sure each one of us have different opinions on different things so lets just see things your own way.

:grin:

Back
Top Bottom