Napoleonic Wars: Source files and Singleplayer concept

Users who are viewing this thread

lord_olafson

Vincenzo said:
Hey guys!

Just a little headsup, the source files are released for the Napoleonic Wars expansion.

Remember that you are not allowed to backport (transfer) any Napoleonic Wars expansion content (including, but not limited to, Models, Textures, Scripts, Shaders, Sounds)
to Mount & Blade, Mount & Blade: Warband or Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword unless you add a CD Key check for the Napoleonic Wars CD key in your mod installer.
The installer script provided in the package does this for you, so you do not have to worry about this if you use it.

Download the sources here:
www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_source_1006.zip

Have fun modding!

Also, a litte note from me. As you might remember, long before the release of NW we were working on a linear mission based Singleplayer campaign.
All the Singleplayer source code is inlcuded in the source code zip. That means, that you will be able to make your own mission based Singleplayer campaign, or reactivate our campaign.

Since we thought that it would be a total waste of time if we did not release our Singleplayer source code and concept, we will also release our Singleplayer concept document.
The concept is unchanged and it looked exactly like that when we decided to cancel our Singleplayer concept.

Have fun modding, and hopefully we will see a few Singleplayer mods soon!

Napoleonic Wars Singleplayer concept document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hdgL9lQft05IhbmPbhZjyrhvfADx1LayoI09naua-mY/edit

Cool concept. You guys really put a lot of time into it. Sounds awesome.  :smile:

And to all singleplayer mod developers in the future, please make the lords of each faction have specific unit compositions (i.e. mixed infantry, heavy cavalry, etc.). It really makes the game more enjoyable and realistic.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Yeah, I see no point in starting to compete with L'Aigle, unless you are aiming for the CoD style linear missions.
The singleplayer script is aimed to be as you described. I'd love to see voice actors and modders make it a reality.

Feel free to use it in your own mods/games whatever. We hope that you can use it atleast.

I'm sorry not the brightest bulb in the box. Is there actually a campaign for NW now or is this the first steps to it?

Well there is this one campaign which we started developing but did not finish.
People can reenable it, fix the outdated maps or make new ones, add new missions and all that and basically can create their own singleplayer mod, if they want to.

So there is no real official campaign for the mod? I'm not any kind of modder/developer, but would really love to play some kind of campaign for NW. Is there a way to make it so I can make it so I can play a Warband campaign with NW mod?

No sadly not :sad:

I guess you will have to wait for modders to mod the game.

Back
Top Bottom