my troops don't want to retreat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Huzaria

Veteran
Hi, i have a little problem with my troops..they obey quite to everything i tell them: but when i ask them to retreat (f1--->f5) they charge! Do you know how to solve the problem?

Hit backspace, and click on the mini-map issue them a move order back towards your reinforcement spawn and reform.

Huzaria said:
Hi, i have a little problem with my troops..they obey quite to everything i tell them: but when i ask them to retreat (f1--->f5) they charge! Do you know how to solve the problem?
Are you sure it is not reinforciement you are having problem with, you must issue retreat order every time new group appears.

Shingen said:
You have to make certain they are near the edge of the map before you order retreat, or they usually run through the enemy and get slaughtered.

they usually run through the enemy and get slaughtered.This is what happened to me! ok, thank guys for your answers

I think the retreat behavior is just to go to the nearest edge of the map. So if your guys are halfway across the map, they are likely to run through the enemy. And no, retreat applies to all reinforcement waves so you do no need to keep using the command.

Go to the camp menu and mod options and make sure troops can retreat option is correct. I forgot the correct wording but its one of the options in the mod options menu.

Donkerman said:
Go to the camp menu and mod options and make sure troops can retreat option is correct. I forgot the correct wording but its one of the options in the mod options menu.
I think it's "runaway" option. Though it rarely works anyway.

Back
Top Bottom