My Colors and Screen gets Blocky and Messed up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Subitai

Knight at Arms
Ok, bad description but I couldn't think of any other way to describe this picture.

mb3.jpg

Native 1.134
Videocard.  Nvidia 9800GT
Windows XP

Everything thing has been great for a long time and never had any problem with this game or with the updates.  Then last nite all of the sudden it started doing THIS OUT OF NOWHERE!! 

I tried updating my Video Driver... that went smoothly but No dice. 

Do you guys think I just have a corrupted game and need to re-install?

I've backed up my saves but now i'm worried cause I keep reading other peoples nightmares about loosing thier games.  That would really suck.

"O"

Multitask to your desktop then open the game back up and see if that fixes it. Does it do it always or just after playing for a while? Mine does something similar to that, but its cause of the driver on my video card. I would multitask then come back and it generally was fixed.

OK I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just fixed the problem!!!!  I pretty sure anyone cause my test play worked great.

Recently while playin' an all nighter...(up here in New England) we had some foul weather and knocked out the power a coupla times.  Well for some reason, the crashes without proper shutdown (hint to problem) affected my  Nvidia Control panel files.  Anyway the real culprit for my screen looking like that was the Graphic Proceesor Unit... Ala my Geforce card cooling fan was set default to ZERO!!!!!  So basically it was overheating.

I couldn't get or MAKE the fan go any faster???  So I re-installed the drivers and WALA!!  The cooling is back.  And so is my game. 

I really hope my Pain and experience will help out someone else.

Only other thing is...just before I figured it out, I was almost in panic mode so I bought/ ordered and new Video card. 

Oh well, at least it's a good one.

"O"

Ok, so just for the record...

I"m going to maintain that "Overheating" of the Video Card was the primary culprit in my case for my game reacting the way it did. 

Pighead, i'd be willing to bet that it's also the same problem for you.    Ie a video card problem.

I'm supposedly going to receive my new Video card on the 28th.  I will post the results after install and tests.

Good luck

"O"

Thanks subitai. I don't think it's a matter of video card. Maybe the Window system file corrupted somewhere. I'm using XP.
I'll look for the texture file.
Hope that we can solve this problem soon.
PS: Merry Xmas! :grin:

Dude, I feel for you... That sux!!!

It sux not being able to play when I want...

I guess it's destiny, I've actually kept myself out of the doghouse and got allot of Preparations done before Christmas.

Haha, otherwise i'd probably be gettin' yelled at right now for playing warband.

be back soon,  all the best

"O"  :smile:

Ouch...Better, try to contact the seller and see if it wasn't faulty and don't forget to set the settings to default, also look on BIOS and see if anything isn't messed up there.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Ouch...Better, try to contact the seller and see if it wasn't faulty and don't forget to set the settings to default, also look on BIOS and see if anything isn't messed up there.
Could u please make it clearly? I mean, the setting and the BIOS?

Ok, the final solution  WAS in fact a failing Video Card.

Funny how things in electronics seem to fade in and out ....come and go, when they are in the process of saying bye bye.

Installing a kick ass new card not only solved the MAIN problem, I it also solved the DELAY/LAG effect when big armies clash. 

I bought this card: geforce gtx 460 1gb ddr5    Warband rocks now and the performance is awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked-PCI-Express-Graphics-01G-P3-1373-AR/dp/B003VWZEBY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1293943182&sr=8-2

Sometimes money CAN buy you happiness. 

Go figure!
"O"

So u solved the problem? Congrat!
Maybe I have to buy a new card 4 my happiness.
Thanks Subitai. Be happy!

Back
Top Bottom