Musician Class!

Users who are viewing this thread

AxiosXiphos

Sergeant Knight
So there is something very important missing from the class system that Napoleonic Wars had; the Musician class.

Don't get me wrong it was largely for messing around but there is something glorious missing from the game;

As the class system is remaining (like it or not) you might as well take advantage of it to throw in this much beloved feature! This could also be used for the Banner bearers as well assuming they ever come to MP (which they should!). Give us some period appropriate music and instrument options; we know from the tavern that some of the animation work already exists as well.

+1
Playing the Guitar in Red and Blue mod and sneaking in the nationalist camp to throw a hidden grenade is one of the coolest things I experience in Warband

Nobody needs that for Skirmish as only tryhards are running around there.
But it would be super fun for Siege.
Like the Band that played while the Titanic sank
In NW wars there was a server option for it to provide combat buff auras; the officer, the music and the banners offered different buffs. Don't know if we need that back but - it's an option.

I feel like you don't understand the class system Axios, if TW cared about having fun gameplay they wouldn't have had this class system.

The class system was made for them to push their competitive scene, not for fun.

I feel like you don't understand the class system Axios, if TW cared about having fun gameplay they wouldn't have had this class system.

The class system was made for them to push their competitive scene, not for fun.
There is no competitiveness in the current class system tho. It needs a complete rework.

I have no idea why they thought that less choice would bring more fun.

So there is something very important missing from the class system that Napoleonic Wars had; the Musician class.

Don't get me wrong it was largely for messing around but there is something glorious missing from the game;

As the class system is remaining (like it or not) you might as well take advantage of it to throw in this much beloved feature! This could also be used for the Banner bearers as well assuming they ever come to MP (which they should!). Give us some period appropriate music and instrument options; we know from the tavern that some of the animation work already exists as well.

This class should definitely be added to the game.

There is no competitiveness in the current class system tho. It needs a complete rework.

I have no idea why they thought that less choice would bring more fun.
Well TW thinks the current class system is competitive. It's sad reading stuff like this from dev blog:

"With these changes, the entire focus of the gameplay is put onto player skill and teamwork, rather than whoever has the superior equipment or loadout. "

Because in warband pub servers, a lot of people couldn't give a **** about them having the best armor, but took the stuff they liked the most even if it meant being not the best

Well TW thinks the current class system is competitive. It's sad reading stuff like this from dev blog:

"With these changes, the entire focus of the gameplay is put onto player skill and teamwork, rather than whoever has the superior equipment or loadout. "

Because in warband pub servers, a lot of people couldn't give a **** about them having the best armor, but took the stuff they liked the most even if it meant being not the best
The comp scene doesn't like the class system tho. And when I say the comp scene I speak about the real competitive players who are not playing this game. Not the tryhards abusing E + Pila and claiming that they are the best on forums.

The comp scene doesn't like the class system tho. And when I say the comp scene I speak about the real competitive players who are not playing this game. Not the tryhards abusing E + Pila and claiming that they are the best on forums.
Lmao straight on point.

I could say the same about a lot of the pubs who used to run around in Warband Deatmatch, the class system is killing deathmatch

An odd statement considering if I play peasant with no shield and I fight a cavalry, or archer, or even a heavy infantry, skill has very little to do with who wins that fight most of the time. Its all about the loadout.

An odd statement considering if I play peasant with no shield and I fight a cavalry, or archer, or even a heavy infantry, skill has very little to do with who wins that fight most of the time. Its all about the loadout.
I have taken on countless of heavy infantry playing with a peasant class...

Skill will always have the upper hand

Somewhat, on tdm sure no problem, on skirmish the heavy inf would have to be complete garbage to lose that fight
Are you familiar with the concept of looting?

You can take peasant, pick up a crossbow and do a 50dmg hit to someone.

It's almost identical with one handed and two handed weapon. Considering almost all one handed and two handed skills are identical except for the shock units.

If you expect me to take peasant without looting, then the peasant class as a whole is useless.

Imagine a support class that had a faction specific instrument and buffed the speed and weaponskill of units within a certain proximity
Wow what an amazing idea! These type of genius ideas are what a class system can inherently provide! With a tryhard and no-fun equipment system, these types of Overwatch-tier improvements could not be made!

I'm new to M&B (wish I had known about it sooner to take advantage of the great looking Warband online events), and didn't know this was a thing. +1000.

Back
Top Bottom