Multiplayer and Singleplayer disparity

Users who are viewing this thread

Amount of people playing Bannerlord on steam right now:

150,000 people

Amount of people playing multiplayer right now:

This is literally less than 1% of the playerbase. 0.003% to be exact.

Taleworlds, here is proof no one important gives a **** about multiplayer and should be scrapped and focus on the singleplayer

Mordhau which was the only other comparable multiplayer medievil game recently had 60,204 players on launch (I'm not saying the combat isn't more satisfying or better than warband is at the moment) And has since dropped to 4k players but like really difficult combat and lots of mechanics will always low skill levels and the past three patches haven't addressed MP at all what do you expect..

Mordhau which was the only other comparable multiplayer medievil game recently had 60,204 players on launch (I'm not saying the combat isn't more satisfying or better than warband is at the moment) And has since dropped to 4k players but like really difficult combat and lots of mechanics will always low skill levels and the past three patches haven't addressed MP at all what do you expect..
Im only here to rub the smug elitist sweats on the beta board who kept bullying normal people for not having a toxic lifestyle ?

Hey now. Warband had a very active online playerbase. Ditching either completly is a bad idea in my opinion and would be a detriment for the game in the long run.

Keep in mind that its early acces. Something that a part of the playerbase might avoid. We have a global pandemic at the moment and some people might be without a job or have other reasons why they cant play. You have people in different timezones who like you might look at player numbers and decide to focus on SP instead for the time beeing.

*shrug* who knows. Buts lets have every aspect of the game be important and not completly alienate the people who might like multiplayer eh?

It's easy to nolife singleplayer while multi is frusturating and might be hard to play 12 hours a day, also, you are insulting everyone who has enough time to play a competive MP game be it bannerlord or dota 2.

While the online for warband was pretty decent, people primarily buy this game for the SP experience, the rest is just icing, so yeah, SP should be getting about 85% of the attention at this point, maybe 90%.

While the online for warband was pretty decent, people primarily buy this game for the SP experience, the rest is just icing, so yeah, SP should be getting about 85% of the attention at this point, maybe 90%.
But singleplayer is already getting 100% of the attention so far lol they literally haven't updated anything related to multiplayer since EA dropped. what even is this thread lmao

SP is only mode getting attention
There are no dedicated servers on MP
There are no clans on MP
MP has no real point as of yet

It's easy to nolife singleplayer while multi is frusturating and might be hard to play 12 hours a day, also, you are insulting everyone who has enough time to play a competive MP game be it bannerlord or dota 2.

Lots of us no-life plenty of games, I'm pretty sure he's more talking about the elitist behavior - particularly around the availability of auto-directional blocking in single player, like this is a personal offense to them and they actively argue *against* the feature *for single player only* for some stupid reason.

I never touched MP Warband, But I was pretty high ranked For Honor, and was pretty good at Chivalry back in the day. Both of which had smaller player counts after the initial launch. It's a niche genre which is not easy to pick up with out practice. It's not like you can just pick up a gun and go in CoD or BF.

I was actually really looking forward to MP Bannerlord, but haven't given it a go just yet. Part of the reason I never touched MP was because there was no one playing it.

At any rate, you bragging how 500 people are "No bodies" is just as toxic as whatever MP player told you to get good or whatever.

I have no desire to play MP but I think it's healthy for the game to have hardcore MP community and there should be support for it from developers (no, MP players who are bullying casual players here do not deserve it but it's like it is)

I would actually like to see a M&B e-sport :grin: but it might be fun to watch it

Amount of people playing Bannerlord on steam right now:

150,000 people

Amount of people playing multiplayer right now:

This is literally less than 1% of the playerbase. 0.003% to be exact.

Taleworlds, here is proof no one important gives a **** about multiplayer and should be scrapped and focus on the singleplayer
I disagree about scrapping it but the lion's share of developmental effort should be focused squarely on singleplayer until that is done.

With that said, that sounds like exactly what's happening sooooooo

Lots of us no-life plenty of games, I'm pretty sure he's more talking about the elitist behavior - particularly around the availability of auto-directional blocking in single player, like this is a personal offense to them and they actively argue *against* the feature *for single player only* for some stupid reason.
I think that's exactly why this thread exists. The MP elitists are against autodirectional blocking because muh skills. Even though they can just TURN IT OFF if they want to, but that doesn't give them satisfying E-peen flexing, so that's not good enough.

The multiplayer has spawned a community of team-building, fun loving and a slight roleplaying characters. People who I've known for over 7 years now. The NW multiplayer is still alive to this day, which is shocking. I doubt scrapping the multiplayer would be a good idea; they can only go so far with the single player.

The multiplayer has spawned a community of team-building, fun loving and a slight roleplaying characters. People who I've known for over 7 years now. The NW multiplayer is still alive to this day, which is shocking. I doubt scrapping the multiplayer would be a good idea; they can only go so far with the single player.
Yeah, MP shouldn't be completely neglected, I'd like to see a dedicated server ASAP since that's being identified as the single biggest issue right now, but again, the hook for new players is the singleplayer campaign, multiplayer benefits from an infusion of new blood if the singleplayer campaign is strong enough to retain players. The good singleplayer campaign of Warband was the only reason I ever tested the waters of multiplayer, and I doubt my story is in any way unique. So the overwhelming majority of effort right now NEEDS to be on singleplayer reaching a playable state, and MP might have to be content with a few tidbits, like a more stable login server and dedicated game server, until then.

I know, you've heard that before but I would like to see coop campain ... that is also multiplayer :grin:

They refused to listen to their community when it came to multiplayer so it's hardly a surprise that it's doing poorly. I have Mordhau if I really want a medieval combat game.

Back
Top Bottom