Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope this won't be another Diablo III.

number of pages about blogs in The Developers' Blog part:

45+70+49+33+41+33+18+18 = 307

number of pages about blogs in Turkish forum:

They posted last blog in 27 September 2014,

and we are waiting for 96 days.

Enough is enough.

I am really bored of checking Steamdb for any clue. That's all.

What's the significance of the 1437 pages in the Turkish forum? It suggests to me only that people are posting a lot, they haven't had anymore blogs than us.

There is nothing to suggest Taleworlds are having any problems with the game; they have never been known for either regular or frequent updates on the development of their games, so don't worry if they don't follow the public relations behaviour of most developers.

This is the longest we've been without a blog since they started doing them. I am getting used to the silence now so I don't really have that big of a problem with it either. The problem is that at first they did it somewhat regularly so people (including myself) just starts to expect that it will continue.

Well... at least I got Prophesy of Pendor to keep my busy until release.

Long time lurker, joined to post here.

Please release another dev blog, I would like an indication of when this game is coming out and if there will be an early access.

so most of what i have seen in this is moan moan moan, ***** ***** ***** because there hasn't bheen a blog released. Just wait and find something else to do, like play Warband or another game to occupy your time.

Posting on here isn't going to make it come any faster.

hirovard said:
so most of what i have seen in this is moan moan moan, ***** ***** ***** because there hasn't bheen a blog released. Just wait and find something else to do, like play Warband or another game to occupy your time.

Why all the hostility?

Sivy said:
hirovard said:

Why all the hostility?

because its annoying to find there are new posts on this tread and all it is, is begging and whining about "why no new blog. NEW BLOG PLEASE!!!!!! " etc.

Orion said:
Why all the begging and demands for another dev blog? They come when they come.

Exactly.

From a medical point of view, this seems to be a patology, called the Loopp Disorder. Usually, the patient suffers from a severe lack of Bannerlord information at a very early stage, and it can evolve in serious problems. The symptoms are: info request, rage, double posting, triple posting and diarrhea. At chronical stages, the patology can evolve into posts like this:
loopppppppp said:
Where that bannerlord info at dawg?
After the patient recives what he demands, the Loopp Disorder may still be present. Those people can easily be distinguished by other symptoms: immediate request for more information, frequent masturbation and more diarrhea.

Dr. Bowman at your service,
Cheers.

I really like the fact that the devs don't invest too much on bringing out flashy half-finished trailers to market the game. The silence indicates that they are building a game that's based on good content instead of gimmicks. Most game blogs and teasers don't really bring about anything new. They just show features that are supposed to get the viewer hooked and buy the game. How the features really play is a whole different thing. Remember when Oblivion came out, and everyone was so fascinated about being able to pick up and throw objects, when in the game you never really needed to use that feature.

The devs are silent, and it's probably because they trust in the outcome of their work so much that they think it's unnecessary to invest time in marketing.

The Devs are silent, because they have nothing new to show.

Clearly, much time is being spent on creating tools that will eventually help in the creation of the game.

Personally, I find the early announcement of the game - over two years ago - to have prematurely raised the hopes of many people - and at the same time put a damper on some mod developments. Luckily, some mod developers continue to give us new games to play, which is the only reason I still come to these boards occasionally.

For the time being, Bannerlord is vaporware. I just hope it does not join the long list of products that had similar hype schedule and extended development time, just to fail to impress at release time, if that ever happened.

Attila7 said:
The Devs are silent, because they have nothing new to show.

Clearly, much time is being spent on creating tools that will eventually help in the creation of the game.

For the time being, Bannerlord is vaporware.

Those are some pretty strong assumptions. Nobody said this stuff in 2010 when Warband was released, because kickstarter and other blog-reliant development methods weren't around to set everyone's expectations.

Attila7 said:
For the time being, Bannerlord is vaporware. I just hope it does not join the long list of products that had similar hype schedule and extended development time, just to fail to impress at release time, if that ever happened.

Bah. Anyone who waited for M&B since the earliest betas will think nothing of the so called delay so far.

this is why Valve hasn't released much information about HL3. it's smarter to wait until you have something concrete so any and all hype will be for the actual game. a little late for TW to do that now though so I understand the people begging for a more open development process, haha.

Be cool to get even something small. An update on what they were so proud of before with hair, a lineup of character models by race, even just theory craft like a weapon types comparison.

I get that information comes as it comes, but with the president they set when they started blogging of one every two months or so it's kind of irrespossible if they do mean to just stop outright without notifying their fans of the decision.

There are a lot of very insignificant things (compared to story or actual game mechanics) that they could write about, building hype for their game and pleasing longtime fans. Even rewriting about things that they have already talked about, to follow up with updates.

The only thing I really want to know for sure is if there will be a way to change FoV? I really want to be able to play in first person but I can't in Warband because I get sick after about 10 minutes of using it and it strains my eyes almost immediately.

Back
Top Bottom