Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

With a shield they are perhaps at a disadvantage, but in two hands a spear can swing pretty fast, faster than an axe. I just had a game of TDM and was killed a couple of times by one of these people who like to use a spear sans shield. Frustrating.

I would like to see passive abilities for spears though, i.e. bracing, and overhand use to be at least an option.

masterborn12 said:

Then everything except 1h w/ shield and ranged sucks since you need to block with it. It feels weird to say it sucks cause you aren't good enough to use it.

Froi said:
He just hasn't discovered how to spam with a spear yet whilst naked Tybalt, it's ok.

As far as I know you can't succesfuly spam with any weapon against any weapon except great maul overhead if your opponent strikes back straight away.

DanAngleland said:
With a shield they are perhaps at a disadvantage, but in two hands a spear can swing pretty fast, faster than an axe. I just had a game of TDM and was killed a couple of times by one of these people who like to use a spear sans shield. Frustrating.

I would like to see passive abilities for spears though, i.e. bracing, and overhand use to be at least an option.

Yeah, and even with shield you're a great supporter class and can twist it and abuse it if 1v1.

Yeah, that would be cool.

Yes, I love using 1h spear to support teammates in melee, it is really satisfying for me, even if I don't get the kill. As long as I am causing the enemy problems and helping teammates it is fun, and the spear is really useful for that.

The devs wrote that they are interested in feedback from sceners and I can see some oft the devs lurking around. I am one of the guys who made scenes for AD1257, a warband mod, and kuauik and Al_Mansur from the same mod team have already posted in this thread.

So far I have been disappointed by the blog posts and screenshots and this video is a total game changer. Players don’t care about the editor, but I scened more than I played the game so it is your guess what matters to me. To put it kindly the scene editor in Warband was basic and this is a professional tool. Unfortunately I have no skills at all. I will probably give this a try, but without some serious help I can already see me getting lost.

Back to my perspective on this. The stuff you have shown here is very interesting, yet I hope there is way more in. I haven’t seen any spawn points nor any stuff that adds functionality to a scene. Here is what dreams are made of:

- Improving a settlement on the campaign map and changing the scene accordingly. Imagine there a three categories like fortifications, farming and housing and each category has four tiers. I want to be able to create all the combinations in the editor. First thing is to get the terrain done, then four different population levels aka housing and adding the fortifications and finally the farming. DrThomas did something along those lines for the city you could build in AD1257 and different professions and their buildings appeared in the town map. I myself created three tiers of castles for different areas and want something to ease the work.

- Creating animations and walking loops for a scene. Imagine you enter a scene In the morning and a shepherd with his dog spawns in his hut, leaves it, opens the coral and leads the sheep to the meadow where the move around in a circle with some stops in between till the finally return to the coral in the evening. The dog is allowed some freeroam around the shepherd and the sheep just follow the “leading sheep”. Think of a SWAT like menu (anybody even remembers that game?!) I want scenes to be different depending on the time of the day you enter them. You can easily add to that e.g. quest accomplished or failed.

- Some triggers which can be added in the scene. Here is an easy example: You ride through the gatehouse of a town and either playing kids or a horse pulling a cart is crossing your path.

- Simple stuff like placing a sound source.

The stuff I mentioned is uninteresting for most players, but it can be also used to make siege scenes more interesting. All I want is to get rid of the frozen world of Warband. Keep it up!

I have just two questions:
-Will the painting scene objects system also include for creating ripped, worn, randomly defected cloths and maybe dynamic taint, scar tissue creating?
-Will the combat system be like what it is showed at the end of the video or the combat system will include collisions instead of phasing from opponents? Will you get rid off the bug when you hit or kill someone, it becomes phasable lost its collision mesh?

The scene tools look great and i think that will defiantly be one of the first things i play with once Bannerlord is released, but to make things easier could taleworlds write up or create a video or something like a guide on how the different variables and such work on this version?

I think this game is near completion, the devs are probably playing Bannerlord II multiplayer right now, as you can see in the video  :mrgreen:....

Anyway i'm soo excited, holy jesus!

The last few seconds were too much tease though, I rewatched it 10 times in a row. Time for some hardware upgrades :roll:

They said they wanted to improve the graphics and animations without sacrificing gameplay or performance; I think Matiss may have misinterpreted that to mean the performance will be the same as for Warband. I am confident that it will have higher hardware demands than Warband, but not greatly increased.

Yes, they hard coded that parameter and will force you to have 225km2 maps, because obviously they're evil.

On a more serious note, the large size means that we finally won't have to look at the horrible background images at the end of the scene
twdd_04_aserai_siege_1.jpg
which is an option they for some reason haven't used in that^ image

And no, the scene size should be available for MP too.

This pic is released more then 8 months ago, I'm sure they made improvements to sieges right now, as it was criticized when it was released.

Back
Top Bottom