Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;" lang="en-GB">Players of Mount&Blade, idle passers and intrigued discoverers, Happy Friday to all. This little blog is about our progress making the game Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord. It doesn't cover everything we do but it tells you a little bit here and there which some may find of interest. “Never make a 6th album”, say the cynics. “Stop after the successful 5th!” - hogwash, we'll continue this blog until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east... or maybe just while we're working on Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/7

While very few people are being ****s about the newest blog, I liked it

I would really like to see features on factions.

It'd be really fun if you could shout orders to your men and actually hear the voice, like in the cRPG mod. This is looking great. Cheers.

The face looks fine. I don't understand why people are complaining about it. It's a little bit derpy, but I figure the focus was on the facial animations, rather than the face itself. For all we know, they just let facegen randomize it, and that's what they got.

It's a good start, a good start! =]
While the character model on show looks good, it's still a bit funky in the mouth-nose area. But I am really looking forward to see more of the system in action.
And as others mention, it would be awesome if we could see some of the character customization available! ...Body size? Tattoos? Place your own scar (I got one from falling off a bike at age 5, high up left cheek, almost looks like an A. ...add that in, would ya!)? =D
Now... I also wish the blogs came a bit more often, or had a bit more content. ...you tease! <3

Regards

I would like to see some VIDEO.

I think that the best solution would be if you make some vote here with showable things for next blog and community members can choose the best.

One thing I might aswell mention here.

Will you be adding animals and wildlife? I could totally see a dog runing around the castle yard or guarding, and if you do something hostile it will attack you.
You could also add like a hunting area, much like the training field in the current game. You enter it and you spawn with some of your commpanions and you hunt
for food. Right now all you can do is buy food from a market place and lets say you can't afford to buy food, then hunting by your own would be a good option.
You could also teach hunting to some of the villagers in your village, so that you can go and get food from that village, at the cost of the village ofcourse, so you
can't take too much.

The interaction with the people in villages and castles is very low in the current game, I many times want to punch a guard or a lord and then run for my life, but I can't do that,
or run villagers over with a horse so that they get angry at me and starts chasing me. I know this is not GTA 5 but having the people around you just ignore your actions isn't
really fun. I want to start pub fights aswell. Not only should the player interact with the villagers but they should interact with the player.

Will there be children in this game? A lot of games don't have it because killing children is apprerently more horrifying then killing adults. I'm just saying, that seeing someone hurt a child
in-game might give the player "real" emotions and make them angry.

I'm just writing of my mind, not hate pls.  :roll:

They could also implement herding animals like cows , horses or even sheep. with time passing the would grow in number (related to a special skill maybe) so that you can sell them to the market or slaughter to feed your company. This could be very interesting in early game role playing and useful later on.... 

Hero_of_Hiroshima said:
We need a release date....that is all we need. Don't even care at this point if its a fake release date... just something

1st January 1970, midday.

Wonder what the bone system is going to look like. Facial animations obviously opens up a lot more room for complexity but i wonder if there's going to be any change to the original 22 bone system.
Now this is bordering on silly, but i can imagine finger animations (at least for the player) could add a lot of life to the movements. Besides the face, it's the first place you look. Even something as simple as adding a single bone for the fingertips would vastly improve hand motions.

Just remember this face
twdd_wb_bl_comparison_hair_fix.png
Besides with the new character creation options (there's a picture floating about on the interwebz which reveals a couple of new options, this pictures is from ages ago) and graphics we could easily create a few realistic looking faces ourselves.

There's nothing really wrong with the face model. Not every single person looks perfect and handsome like:
handsome-squidward3-1.jpg

I want the game released already! The anticipation for this is too big!  :mrgreen:

Nothing groundbreaking here, but nice news nonetheless! Great work as always!

The developers seem to be tackling the small things now, and are more cautious about what they blog about. After some initial disappointments from a few in the community regarding sieges and taverns (some say that mods have already added those features), I can understand why. The last tidbit was interesting, though. I hope they are hinting at something bigger, perhaps the campaign map?

jacobhinds said:
Wonder what the bone system is going to look like. Facial animations obviously opens up a lot more room for complexity but i wonder if there's going to be any change to the original 22 bone system.

Bone-animation on faces hasn't been common since the 90's. It's most likely blend-shapes.

Back
Top Bottom