Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Happy New Year to those operating on the Gregorian Calender and a round, warm hello to all. “Blog!”, they cried and it was written. 2013 has been a year of growth for us at TaleWorlds and with each passing month, work intensifies on Bannerlord. The new year has already started with the achievement of 100,000 likes on our official Facebook page. It feels like a great milestone and we'd like to thank everyone for all the support. Now let us tell you a little bit more about making Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

If seige weapons are added it would make the game epic. Trebuchet, catapult, etc...if those weapons could damage the buildings and troops, and trees, everything...wow...just imagine being able to aim a trebuchet, firing it, seeing the enemy castle's tower falling and you leading the atack...In the future maybe:smile:). It's still one of my favourite games mount and blade. It's the only one I have instaled on my PC. Cheers

LordMalphas said:
If seige weapons are added it would make the game epic. Trebuchet, catapult, etc...if those weapons could damage the buildings and troops, and trees, everything...wow...just imagine being able to aim a trebuchet, firing it, seeing the enemy castle's tower falling and you leading the atack...In the future maybe:smile:). It's still one of my favourite games mount and blade. It's the only one I have instaled on my PC. Cheers

Yeah, imagine that Tundra Bandits hired by Vaegirs as trebuchet team, sniping you from afar with large stone. Not mentioning large boulders randomly plowing through your elite units.

HectorofTroy said:
Carlos Danger said:
HectorofTroy said:
“Game industry is stalled, goal isn't anymore to make good creative games, it's just all about making something fancy and give false expectations to players so they buy the game, then promise more functionality in paid DLC's or the next game in the series, so people go and buy the next game in the series which added very little to the previous one, sometimes its even less detailed... this is just sad”.

Rome 2 total war I bet :mrgreen:

How did you guess? :eek: I bought Mount and Blade Warband last month and have already put 150 hours playing the bloody game. On the hand, Rome 2 has not reached 20 hours yet.

I would add X Rebirth to that list. Hope that will not happen to this game. They dumbed them down.

p.s. I was looking for some time around the forum but I cant seem to find answer to one question : What will be the battle size limit??

Antar said:
I don't even care how they handle Siege Engines. Offscreen, in battle, or no siege engines at all, I'm pretty confident that they know what they are doing. I'm not very picky about this subject.

that's it. no siege engnes. million problems arise. they are our last concern with bannerlord. and if people say we dont buy, their problem. i know for once i'll buy it...

Oliver Qvist said:
JustLikeAPineTree said:
I think the combat system is perfect.  To add unnecessary complications would make it feel like some sort of MMO, which is exactly what I am trying to escape when I play M&B

How the heck is it perfect? I just came of ragin from a server... getting grouped by 4 people, cav, archer and javalin throwers.. all at the same time.
It is uber unrealistic and chuncky. Mention one good thing about it, or realistic thing? Only thing is the
way you swing and block, but what about the rest? Instead of just stateing "I don't know what this guy is talking about" or "I think it's perfect",
go ahead and elaborate your statements and replies, so I can see it from your perspective and maybe understand you.

Warband is really not a "good" game, people are Overestimating it because it has this "Unique" combat system, but what about the rest of the game?
That is all I hear in reviews about the game, "Warband has a unique combat system". Just because it's unique and diffrent does not mean it is good, or "perfect".
People ditch native, and go over to mods for a reason.

I have 4000 HOURS in Warband native. Been mapping for Wolfpack, and GK seige servers for 2 years, and currently working on a PW map for Avalon PW.
Being called a "noob" or being told to "learn2play" is quite insulting to me. I honestly can't get any better at this game, you'd think a guy with 4000 hours
would own everyone, but that is not the case in warband because you can only get "that" good at it. But I'm still a die hard fan of MB.

It is no where near perfect. It is their first prototype/version of the combat system. It has so much room for improvment.

I might just be mad and tierd right now. It's 02:00 Am and it's cold as **** and my desktop is falling apart.

*Sigh* Now I feel much better.  :neutral:

Steam: Oliver Qvist, Sweden. Add me.
its what i always said about this game. mnb never was cool for its realism but for general feeling and gameplay replayability. one god knows where the game is heading now with so many stupid, clueless recommendations that are made by many "fans". the four arrows mouse sword classic movement is fine with me. dont mess with the original core of the game guys. there are many core elements that can be expanded and many yet unexploited opportunities. as for this guy saying "tell me sth good about it". if you spent 4k hours on sth u hate u r either masochistic, psychotic or dumbas@

for example things like make character wounded, and walking limp, all this realism will take you nowhere. it is a fantasy (in terms of realism) medieval setting RPG with skills and overpowered characters. lets take the health bar too and make it one shot kill for realism right? NO, not right at all. as for removing skills like invenotry manager skill cause its useless. THEY SHOULD ADD SKILLS. NOT REDUCE THEM. i ve seen people getting things in warehouses where you believed nowhere in god's name it would be possible to store all them in there. so inventory management is a skill no less impressive or important than the rest.

johnny keitz said:
Oliver Qvist said:
JustLikeAPineTree said:
I think the combat system is perfect.  To add unnecessary complications would make it feel like some sort of MMO, which is exactly what I am trying to escape when I play M&B

How the heck is it perfect? I just came of ragin from a server... getting grouped by 4 people, cav, archer and javalin throwers.. all at the same time.
It is uber unrealistic and chuncky. Mention one good thing about it, or realistic thing? Only thing is the
way you swing and block, but what about the rest? Instead of just stateing "I don't know what this guy is talking about" or "I think it's perfect",
go ahead and elaborate your statements and replies, so I can see it from your perspective and maybe understand you.

Warband is really not a "good" game, people are Overestimating it because it has this "Unique" combat system, but what about the rest of the game?
That is all I hear in reviews about the game, "Warband has a unique combat system". Just because it's unique and diffrent does not mean it is good, or "perfect".
People ditch native, and go over to mods for a reason.

I have 4000 HOURS in Warband native. Been mapping for Wolfpack, and GK seige servers for 2 years, and currently working on a PW map for Avalon PW.
Being called a "noob" or being told to "learn2play" is quite insulting to me. I honestly can't get any better at this game, you'd think a guy with 4000 hours
would own everyone, but that is not the case in warband because you can only get "that" good at it. But I'm still a die hard fan of MB.

It is no where near perfect. It is their first prototype/version of the combat system. It has so much room for improvment.

I might just be mad and tierd right now. It's 02:00 Am and it's cold as **** and my desktop is falling apart.

*Sigh* Now I feel much better.  :neutral:

Steam: Oliver Qvist, Sweden. Add me.
its what i always said about this game. mnb never was cool for its realism but for general feeling and gameplay replayability. one god knows where the game is heading now with so many stupid, clueless recommendations that are made by many "fans". the four arrows mouse sword classic movement is fine with me. dont mess with the original core of the game guys. there are many core elements that can be expanded and many yet unexploited opportunities. as for this guy saying "tell me sth good about it". if you spent 4k hours on sth u hate u r either masochistic, psychotic or dumbas@

for example things like make character wounded, and walking limp, all this realism will take you nowhere. it is a fantasy (in terms of realism) medieval setting RPG with skills and overpowered characters. lets take the health bar too and make it one shot kill for realism right? NO, not right at all. as for removing skills like invenotry manager skill cause its useless. THEY SHOULD ADD SKILLS. NOT REDUCE THEM. i ve seen people getting things in warehouses where you believed nowhere in god's name it would be possible to store all them in there. so inventory management is a skill no less impressive or important than the rest.

They can as well release Warband once again. It would be equally fine for you I guess.

I'm neither for wounds and limbs, but the sillyness has to be corrected.
Also, Mount&Blade is fiction, not fantasy.

I just hope for one thing in siege :smile: that the siege engines and ladders wont already be in place against the wall, with the attacking army rushing from distance to them in order to climb the walls.
Let the siege engines be positionned in real combat, like the ladders :smile: Dont make them already in place when siege start :smile: (even if pre siege is meant for that, brytenwalda tried to add a bit more realism in the siege phase but still lacking the dynamic siege engines during battles).

If already planned, great :smile:

The new graphics look amazing! M&B games are by far one of the most enjoyable, immersive games I have come across. I can't wait for Bannerlord!

Coop would be an amazing feature, I know several people who would buy this game if there was cooperative campaign opportunities. Even if it was just a two-player game, that would boost this above the majority of other non-MMO games.

I really like how the models look like in Bannerlord. Wow, this is gonna be such an awesome game.

I don't understand the people talking about graphics, M&B is obviously not about graphics.

For me, I would pay full new game price for the exact same graphics with just these new features:

- Massive battles, even using the battle sizer mod it seemed the Warband engine had issue with large numbers on some machines (widly different on different machines)
I would even take a graphics hit to get more performance out of the engine.

- Unlimited Multiplayer Campaign, be it Co-op, Pvp, whatever.
Unlimited in that any number can play (god some games annoy me no end with like 2 players max etc etc), and play as you like be it co-op or as enemies, you choose in game just like you do in SP

- Incorporate the improvements of all the mods in Floris mod pack.
They are just essential now to be honest.

Of course everything else would be great, but these are by far and away more important to me than anything else.

Bluehawk said:
The planting of the Ukrainian flag and painting of the star over the Kotelnicheskaya Embankment Building, for which four Moscow citizens were arrested, may have been the work of a Ukrainian citizen. "Mustang Wanted", a Ukrainian traceur who became famous last year for scaling various buildings and bridges across Europe without any equipment, has now confessed that he was the one who planted decorated the Moscow landmark and posted a photo of himself standing on one of the blue points of the star. He says he never saw the base jumpers up there, and they deny seeing him. It could all be a bad case of "right place, wrong time." Mustang's confession was born out of a guilt felt for the wrongly accused.

10599540_951516981529577_538131217909107089_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/mustang.wanted.25/photos/a.562964737051472.140962.562876197060326/951516981529577/?type=1&theater

Base jumpers often fear being caught for trespassing and reckless endangerment, but rarely do they get rounded up for vandalism.

Umm...wrong thread? :razz:

Stildawn said:
I don't understand the people talking about graphics, M&B is obviously not about graphics.

For me, I would pay full new game price for the exact same graphics with just these new features:

- Massive battles, even using the battle sizer mod it seemed the Warband engine had issue with large numbers on some machines (widly different on different machines)
I would even take a graphics hit to get more performance out of the engine.

- Unlimited Multiplayer Campaign, be it Co-op, Pvp, whatever.
Unlimited in that any number can play (god some games annoy me no end with like 2 players max etc etc), and play as you like be it co-op or as enemies, you choose in game just like you do in SP

- Incorporate the improvements of all the mods in Floris mod pack.
They are just essential now to be honest.

Of course everything else would be great, but these are by far and away more important to me than anything else.

things I have wanted with a combat system in M&B:

being able to have "teams" or "groups" to your army, and (point and click) .. look at a spot on the terrain with your cursor/crosshair, and send them there.

set up two archer flanks, soldier line, pikemen line, etc by hitting the button you assigned to the group, look at where you want them on the battlefield, and click, off they go.  All in no time at all. but for the existing groups would be great too, point and click to send a group "archers, go there" .. instead of running around the battlefield on a fast horse commanding troops to hold here, and go over there, etc...

or if you really wanted to go nuts, be able to assign a new temporary group  to soldier group by using a "shift" key when selecting a group number/letter.  so basically you could look at three guys.. [shift-5 while looking at each guy to assign them to group.. "5".. and tell that group to follow you by hitting "5" and selecting "follow me" or a voice command for that group would be too awesome, and have the backup you need for whatever your devious plan is...
..something like that.. someone might dream a simpler thing.. like voice commands.. "archers, follow me" "Cavalry, charge!"
"you, you, you, follow me"

--
or the option to choose HOW you want to storm the castle would open different strategies.
show the fortification, and pay for various strategies.  go with cheap ladders, get several, get a rolling tower and roll it to the walls, get a battering ram and go for the gates, get catapult cover fire (point with cursor, call for catapult to fire a shot at that area (it randomly plops a shot at that area, using whatever type and limited ammo you paid for, or it costs when you use it, if you ain't broke yet.) )
or choose several types of siege equipment for various strategies.

run the ladders to the walls, stand them up and go ..
run the towers or ram to the gates.
I know it might take a little work, but we'd love them to death for at least trying.

--
loved the Mount and Blade series, always wanted a combat system in this fashion, I wish others would adopt the combat style, would be great, could make paramoney
but I'd like to see an 8 angle of attack style someday,
(as an "advanced combat option")
instead of just 4, but you gotta start somewhere.
I'd just allow a block to deflect/parry a swing angle to either side of the blocked angle, if you block an angle 3 attack, it will also stop a 2 the 3 and a 4, but only get the chance to cause that stunning block (blocking skill) if you block with the correct angle.
but collision detection is the dream.

---
can't wait to see what else they do, this is highly anticipated.
--
hoping to see eventually server based games, co-op and other mixes, play in the world with and against your friends and their factions/countries, fighting your armies vs theirs, would be orgasmic.
Arena Gladiator Competitions, where you wait in line to fight others to the death in free for all, team vs team, vs team, etc.. like the arenas we know, earn/buy access to new weapons for the next round.

though they prolly got all their plans figured out already, and are most definitely going to be as grand an adventure as Warband turned out to be for me.

LOVE that battlesizer thing, just epic.

My pitch to people about this game (I like to play on hard, so one or two hits you are a gonner).
.."imagine, you are standing at the edge of a treeline with 200 men: spearman, archers, infantry, cavalry, and across a vast open prairie, a line of 200 men, with archers and cavalry and infantry.
you have the same chance of dying as the guy standing next to you, 1 or 2 hits, unless you get plugged in the head...
'Can you survive the day?'
"
that usually gets them, plus seeing a battle being played, and you get to the nitty gritty where your horse got chopped out from under you, and you are fending off a dozen attackers as you scramble to get back to your group, or call for your party members.
then they see you die.. split your skull in 2.. and you sigh "AGH! .. I shoulda blocked up, he faked me, I was trying to block a right swing, and he changed up on me... "
then they go nuts over the combat system.

love this game series so far,
good luck on the game,

does this Bannerlords thing mean we can select the colors/designs of our banners then?  bannerlords?
I guess equip party members with a banner you want them to carry, works as/on a lance or spear.
one carries the lord/fief/king's banner, the other is your banner...
just a last second thought ...
maybe your Avatar IS your Harold, which is overlayed one your shields/flags/kilts, etc...
upload your own design, or have a simple in game drag and drop way to save a new jpg/png banner/Harold...

..rambling now, gonna go...

itching to play this NVidia 3D style, passive.
some times you get that spear thrust or sword swing that makes you duck bob or weave in your chair...
it's just SO AWESOME .. hud has to have 3d adjustments... using depth of field based upon your sursor, and having a 3D sight option would be nice...

..see , you got me rambling again.. stop it..

masterw3 said:
things I have wanted with a combat system in M&B:

being able to have "teams" or "groups" to your army, and (point and click) .. look at a spot on the terrain with your cursor/crosshair, and send them there.

set up two archer flanks, soldier line, pikemen line, etc by hitting the button you assigned to the group, look at where you want them on the battlefield, and click, off they go.  All in no time at all. but for the existing groups would be great too, point and click to send a group "archers, go there" .. instead of running around the battlefield on a fast horse commanding troops to hold here, and go over there, etc...

or if you really wanted to go nuts, be able to assign a new temporary group  to soldier group by using a "shift" key when selecting a group number/letter.  so basically you could look at three guys.. [shift-5 while looking at each guy to assign them to group.. "5".. and tell that group to follow you by hitting "5" and selecting "follow me" or a voice command for that group would be too awesome, and have the backup you need for whatever your devious plan is...
..something like that.. someone might dream a simpler thing.. like voice commands.. "archers, follow me" "Cavalry, charge!"
"you, you, you, follow me"

--
or the option to choose HOW you want to storm the castle would open different strategies.
show the fortification, and pay for various strategies.  go with cheap ladders, get several, get a rolling tower and roll it to the walls, get a battering ram and go for the gates, get catapult cover fire (point with cursor, call for catapult to fire a shot at that area (it randomly plops a shot at that area, using whatever type and limited ammo you paid for, or it costs when you use it, if you ain't broke yet.) )
or choose several types of siege equipment for various strategies.

run the ladders to the walls, stand them up and go ..
run the towers or ram to the gates.
I know it might take a little work, but we'd love them to death for at least trying.

--
loved the Mount and Blade series, always wanted a combat system in this fashion, I wish others would adopt the combat style, would be great, could make paramoney
but I'd like to see an 8 angle of attack style someday,
(as an "advanced combat option")
instead of just 4, but you gotta start somewhere.
I'd just allow a block to deflect/parry a swing angle to either side of the blocked angle, if you block an angle 3 attack, it will also stop a 2 the 3 and a 4, but only get the chance to cause that stunning block (blocking skill) if you block with the correct angle.
but collision detection is the dream.

---
can't wait to see what else they do, this is highly anticipated.
--
hoping to see eventually server based games, co-op and other mixes, play in the world with and against your friends and their factions/countries, fighting your armies vs theirs, would be orgasmic.
Arena Gladiator Competitions, where you wait in line to fight others to the death in free for all, team vs team, vs team, etc.. like the arenas we know, earn/buy access to new weapons for the next round.

though they prolly got all their plans figured out already, and are most definitely going to be as grand an adventure as Warband turned out to be for me.

LOVE that battlesizer thing, just epic.

My pitch to people about this game (I like to play on hard, so one or two hits you are a gonner).
.."imagine, you are standing at the edge of a treeline with 200 men: spearman, archers, infantry, cavalry, and across a vast open prairie, a line of 200 men, with archers and cavalry and infantry.
you have the same chance of dying as the guy standing next to you, 1 or 2 hits, unless you get plugged in the head...
'Can you survive the day?'
"
that usually gets them, plus seeing a battle being played, and you get to the nitty gritty where your horse got chopped out from under you, and you are fending off a dozen attackers as you scramble to get back to your group, or call for your party members.
then they see you die.. split your skull in 2.. and you sigh "AGH! .. I shoulda blocked up, he faked me, I was trying to block a right swing, and he changed up on me... "
then they go nuts over the combat system.

love this game series so far,
good luck on the game,

does this Bannerlords thing mean we can select the colors/designs of our banners then?  bannerlords?
I guess equip party members with a banner you want them to carry, works as/on a lance or spear.
one carries the lord/fief/king's banner, the other is your banner...
just a last second thought ...
maybe your Avatar IS your Harold, which is overlayed one your shields/flags/kilts, etc...
upload your own design, or have a simple in game drag and drop way to save a new jpg/png banner/Harold...

..rambling now, gonna go...

itching to play this NVidia 3D style, passive.
some times you get that spear thrust or sword swing that makes you duck bob or weave in your chair...
it's just SO AWESOME .. hud has to have 3d adjustments... using depth of field based upon your sursor, and having a 3D sight option would be nice...

..see , you got me rambling again.. stop it..
Warband already has point and go system by holding f1.
I agree with special temp selecting.
And please use newest dev post to post.

Back
Top Bottom