Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 3 - Unexpected Parties

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>To all interested and uninterested parties, let it be known that we at TaleWorlds are making a new game, by the name of Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord. It is the next in the Mount&Blade series and a prequel to Mount&Blade Warband. This is the third entry in our Developer Blog, talking about making the game to whoever wants to listen. Thisweek we're talking about the campaign team, developers of the game's single player mechanics and gameplay. The team formerly known as “Team 3”...</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/4

I like the progress, however the trading screen. I don't really like it too much, i think the orginial trading screen from warband is better.

ThatOneSwadianDude said:
this was probably requested a billion times before

but could you please at least try and put dual weilding into the game?

it would bring such a great experience to it :grin:
i mean come on, what would be more badass than a nord with two axes?
ya know you could make the block button use the scond weapon and when you press both buttons of the first and second weapon it'll block

Guys, let's recommend him some ****ty fantasy games with dual wielding and all. :lol:
At least he'll make a difference between the superior Warband combat that made the game what it is today and the double-slashing orcs from somewhere else. Seriously, what are you all thinkig about? It's not the case here. If I wanted an improvement, I'd opt for better animations, advanced hitboxes and feint polishing.
TaleWorlds, don't fix stuff that isn't broken.

lulzarz said:
I like the progress, however the trading screen. I don't really like it too much, i think the orginial trading screen from warband is better.

You are wrong in every way possible. I made a wall of text with arguments specifically on a single screenshot, and I think that Bannerlord got a huge improvement, both functionally and graphically. Moreover, it is Work in Progress, so things that you (and they) don't like are subject to change. As you can see, its features aren't fully finished yet. For example: the two black slots on the upper screen (those might have a purpose too).

I don't think they would leave Nords out, it would be in, maybe as a Invading faction ? or simply raiding parties.

Yeah, I was thinking that Warband's Nord lands might home a new Celtic based faction in Bannerlord and Nords would be invaders(loosely related to Saxon movements)

Crille said:
I'm sincerely concerned.. I haven't seen any viking related yet, if ''nords'' won't be implemented I please beg sea raiders will!
There is 2 items wich look like nord/viking up in the left corner by the name of Northern padded cloth.
twdd_03_inventory.jpg
They also seems to have baggy pants wich some vikings used.
posbyxa1b.jpg

Inanch-Bilge said:
Yeah, I was thinking that Warband's Nord lands might home a new Celtic based faction in Bannerlord and Nords would be invaders (loosely related to Saxon movements)
I think just like you, but also maybe there will be more factions than just six, and if so, Nords or pre-Nord faction could be in some scattered coastal points of this Celtic faction, making it possible to ally with those fellow vikings and conquering the actual Nord lands, or not, siding with the Celts and eliminating this threat.  :lol: Would be awesome anyway!

Maybe some events (random or not) that bring more invaders from overseas to help claiming the lawful Nord land. :smile: So many ideas could be in the game...

Can't wait until the official release date. The game looks awesome, i'm happy your continuing the mount and blade warband series.

I'm really wondering (since i haven't read anything that's related to this yet), will this game have voice acting? (At least for the campaign, companions and such) I feel that was the only thing missing from the original Warband and it would be really great if they added voice acting.

These preview pictures are looking awesome! There are some things I'm hoping they'll add to the game, some are obvious, here are some.

1. More siege ladders: I'm tired of waiting my entire army going up a single ladder, I mean it takes forever just to get them up, it's especially annoying when they try to push you off. So in bannerlord I'm hoping in siege battles they'll put at least 3-4 ladders?

2:Spears with an high thrust and low thrust: No much to explain here, but it's really hard to hit enemies with a shield and only one attack, that is the low thrust, so adding high thrust will help it a lot.

3:Extra or more equipment slot for character: I feel like arrows should at least have another slot for their own, so that way you still have more room to put your melee weapons in or an extra shield.

Those aren't all things I wish to see in bannerlord, but those are my main three.

neo444604 said:
These preview pictures are looking awesome! There are some things I'm hoping they'll add to the game, some are obvious, here are some.

1. More siege ladders: I'm tired of waiting my entire army going up a single ladder, I mean it takes forever just to get them up, it's especially annoying when they try to push you off. So in bannerlord I'm hoping in siege battles they'll put at least 3-4 ladders?

2:Spears with an high thrust and low thrust: No much to explain here, but it's really hard to hit enemies with a shield and only one attack, that is the low thrust, so adding high thrust will help it a lot.

3:Extra or more equipment slot for character: I feel like arrows should at least have another slot for their own, so that way you still have more room to put your melee weapons in or an extra shield.

Those aren't all things I wish to see in bannerlord, but those are my main three.

I strongly agree with your first and third suggestions: getting pushed of ladders by your own soldiers is so annoying.
I reckon you should be allowed to equip an extra quiver of arrows and maybe an extra shortsword on your HORSE, when you go into battle, as a backup if you have a horse with you.

I really hope ships are implemented this time around, I want to have a Nord party that travels by boat and raids coastal settlements. They should make them expensive to buy so it is something you have work towards to purchase. Maybe they could be stored at port cities or some kind of harbor settlements. The same with horses we need to have a player owned stable where the player can store extra horses, maybe it could be an option for a player owned castle. 

I think you could take some pages from crpg's book in terms of inventory slots. like dropping pikes/lances on the ground instead of magically storing them in your anus.

Back
Top Bottom