Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

I don't personally want a fantasy mod, but being able to make one is already freaking fantastic. There's enough people interested on this game to make another assassins, feudal japan, roman, modern-esque, wild west, napoleonic, historical mods. No need to bash someone's desires.

Also, in the end, if a mod is good enough, I will try it out. Be it magic, be it viking; be it napoleon. I'm not one to judge and tell, I'll just judge and either play and give feedback, or not at all.

The hype you guys made now for this game has got me so tuned off any other games I technically gave up on my crusader kings 2 mod, and forgot all about my total war mods. I lost interest in anything non-mount&blade. It actually worked because now I can actually focus on college and kendo, like I should have been doing for the past 5 years...

TaleWorlds, you managed to take away my interest in anything else. And my mind has resigned and accepted it won't be until december I'll even be able to try a beta, so it's focusing on actual work...

I'm not sure if I should thank you or damn you. Anyway, I'm still throwing my money on the screen and nothing is happening...

Oy. I just watched the PC Gamer demo. It took me a while to stop grinning at the monitor like a mooncalf.

1) Everything = ooh shiny
2) Can I haz it now?
3) But will my PC be able to handle it? AKA, minimum system requirements, anyone?
4) I might (if my PC can handle the game) just use pointy-poky blades and spears because the thrust mechanic no longer seems atrocious
5) I firmly suspect that (if my PC can handle it) Bannerlord will be a game best described as a jealous god, for a very long time.

...after all, I still play Warband every day.

just glad the combat looks more like warband than viking invasion witch im grateful fore hated the combat in viking invasion  people ran as fast as horses looked so bad and combat wasent nearly as fun as in warband ,but combat in bannerlord looks amazing

3) But will my PC be able to handle it? AKA, minimum system requirements, anyone?
The good thing about having a PC like mine... is that you don't care about minimum requirement :party: . I just don't want to be in the place of those who have the kind of PC that gives you white hair about minimal requirement every time a new game is released. Because I used to have that PC... but now it's over. Over ! Do you hear me ? OVER !
751766446.gif

[...] I'm not sure if I should thank you or damn you. Anyway, I'm still throwing my money on the screen and nothing is happening...
I know all what you feel... I know it all :mrgreen: . Once, a week ago, I dreamed about bannerlord xD. In my dream, I was playing Warband. Then, in the game, I found a secret gate that unlocked Bannerlord  :ohdear: . That was a sweet dream ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There is no much hope for a release before the few last month of the year, (never wait for Bannerlord... waiting for the blogs is already paintfull) but... it's like waiting for Christmass. Ya ??? :iamamoron:

In Bannerlord we will be able to execute lords and their families *_________* ... I have to change my pants...
https://youtu.be/bbrnPtybNd4?t=18m40s

like that we can kill lords now, just wondering how it will affect the world, in warband when your factions start braking out and taking over city's  other lords brake a way to join yours so you dont get over extended but if you can kill lords there will be less lords to convert to your faction and the lords that you have will have to  cover a bigger area of the map and will then be harder to hold what you have taken or take more city's  .Looking forward to see how it will work!

boomstomp said:
like that we can kill lords now, just wondering how it will affect the world!

you could discuss that topic here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.0.html, its for general Bannerlord stuff, while this thread was suppose to be about the... blog  :mrgreen:

and we do not know how it will work. You are assuming that a dead lord = 1 less lord in the world. Why? They can promote other nobles to the title, its not like every noble rules a town/fort  :smile:

There are always second sons, cousins, ... ready to stab you in the back and take your title

boomstomp said:
like that we can kill lords now, just wondering how it will affect the world, in warband when your factions start braking out and taking over city's  other lords brake a way to join yours so you dont get over extended but if you can kill lords there will be less lords to convert to your faction and the lords that you have will have to  cover a bigger area of the map and will then be harder to hold what you have taken or take more city's  .Looking forward to see how it will work!
when did we learn we could kill lords? I would love that option but I don't remember it ever being confirmed

Dest45 said:
boomstomp said:
when did we learn we could kill lords? I would love that option but I don't remember it ever being confirmed
https://youtu.be/bbrnPtybNd4?t=1120

SenorZorros said:
Dest45 said:
boomstomp said:
https://youtu.be/bbrnPtybNd4?t=1120
dude, thanks! Happy to hear this news! Can't believe how many times I watched that vid and I still missed that lol

One thing i did notice was that because you and every one can move past bots more easy foot soldiers and more important cavalry dont get stuck in thick groups of infantry or other cavalry so its a lot more chaotic battles that warband was ,will have to watch all around you know especially  if you are on foot .Is going to feel a lot more like a real battlefield should chaotic and frantic.

Would love to be able to start the game in one of the lords army's as a recruit and work my way up then have the option to go at it on my own.

Tarbosaurus said:
boomstomp said:
Would love to be able to start the game in one of the lords army's as a recruit and work my way up then have the option to go at it on my own.

There is actually a mod for that in Warband.
yea but the more we have in vanilla bannerlord the more modders can build off of. And the more fun vanilla is.

Back
Top Bottom